$38 stars 6 handed aa facing strength

Does anyone fold this? I was thinking he could easily have a set here.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxSB (t1570)BB =#A500AF(Villain)/ (t1210)UTG (t1470)Hero (t1420)CO (t1940)Button (t1390)Preflop: Hero is MP with A:diamond:, A:spade:. 1 fold, Button calls t60, SB calls t50, BB =#A500AF(Villain)/ calls t40.Flop: (t240) 2:club:, 6:heart:, 7:diamond: (4 players)SB checks, Villain bets t60, Hero?

Anybody? It smelled fishy to me since he re-raised the absolute minimum. I think hands like overpairs & A7 either call or push here. Also, his initial bet was so small that after his re-raise it looks as if he was dying for a call initially on the flop. Why would he offer such good odds if his hand was so vulnerable? So my thinking was 67 or a set. Any opinions? This hand really bothered me.

On paper, I am pretty sure I would do one of two things - push or fold. Calling is out of the question. In the heat of battle, when heads up and with such a raggedy flop, it would be very tough to lay this down, unless you had some valuable info on your opponent. If they had a set, why would they chase you away right now (even if it was 2's)? Smells fishy to me as well, but I am pretty sure its a call. 8)

What kind of action would it take for you to get away from AA on a nonpaired, non straightening, non flushing flop?
This type of action would get me away from aces. He's giving you 4.5-1 to call his re-raise. If you had the straight draw, he's almost giving you a good enough price to draw, but not quite.Four to the flop, early when the blinds are low, his bets make it seem likely that he either hit a set or top two.

gobears, this was exactly what I was thinking, yet out of 4 replies between here & 2 plus 2, everyone had advised either pushing or calling & pushing the turn. I just don't see someone playing an overpair this way. I would think they would either push or call.

Also, what kind of a hand bets 1/4 the pot & then re-raises? It looks to me like he was begging to be called or raised. I really don't see him playing anything less than 2 pair this way. To add to this argument, most overpairs would have raised preflop.

Honestly I dont even want to think about this hand, Im never folding AA on a board that looks like that. If he's got me he's got me, I'll close the table and sign up for the next one. Donkey miniraise can mean anything: I wouldnt read into it if you called and lost, try again next AA. He's prolly just got 88 or a straight draw.

What kind of action would it take for you to get away from AA on a nonpaired, non straightening, non flushing flop?
It's not possible in an online tournament. THat would require a lot more information that can only be recieved in person. I shove it in every time, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar: they wouldnt even think twice in a $38 6 man table: it'd be in there before they even considered that they could be beaten. You're too scared if you fold this hand, either that or you've gotten too used to sounding smart when you respond to a post on the forum, because 90% of the time the person is posting a hand that they didnt fold and dont think they should have, but want to make sure they're right! So saying fold always makes you look right!No one folds this.

Well sexystud, some people must fold aces on these boards sometimes because I folded this hand. I'm not sure if it was right or wrong but I believe I won the tourney anyway.

It's not possible in an online tournament. THat would require a lot more information that can only be recieved in person. I shove it in every time, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar: they wouldnt even think twice in a $38 6 man table: it'd be in there before they even considered that they could be beaten. You're too scared if you fold this hand, either that or you've gotten too used to sounding smart when you respond to a post on the forum, because 90% of the time the person is posting a hand that they didnt fold and dont think they should have, but want to make sure they're right! So saying fold always makes you look right!No one folds this.
Its possible he has a mid pocket pair. Its far more likely he has a set or two pair. I don't honestly know what I'd do here - if I was convinced it wasn't a set, I'd push, hoping either for him to have some mid pair or to draw to a second pair if he has two pair. In the heat of the moment, it'd probably be a push.I think its ridiculous to say that no one folds in this spot though. I've folded overpairs, two pairs, sets, etc, when its clear that they weren't any good. The only way your aces are good is against a middle pocket pair. Any other feasible combination has you hurting pretty badly. Its not a clear cut case. I do think, however, that just calling is kinda a ridiculous idea.
Well sexystud, some people must fold aces on these boards sometimes because I folded this hand.  I'm not sure if it was right or wrong but I believe I won the tourney anyway.
That fold was awful, the only reason I can think you would have laid that down is that $38 was like the last money you had on the site and you were playing too scared. I still dont believe for a second that you made it, but I have no way to prove you wrong, and you have no way to convince me otherwise so I guess bygones. And therrin: it's really hard to put him on any particular hand, because whether he's dont it on purpose or not: he's made a very tricky raise. Would I be able to get away from the hand if I was playing in the WSOP main event, you're ****ing right I would if I got the right read: and you of course show such a fold :-D : but is it ever right to do it online here? Not a chance in hell, there just isnt enough information out there. He busts me every time he's got a hand, and I happily collect his chips when he doesnt, I dont care which .

Fish meke this raise all the time when they have a strong hand but they're not sure where they are. My guess he has 88-jj. If he had a set why would he reraise the minimum? He would either reraise a normal amount if he wasn't a trappy player or flat call if he was trappy. He wouldn't min reraise because a trappy player doesn't like to give away his hand, which min reraising would do. You folded the best hand. Congratulations.

You need a strong read to fold this hand on the flop, and a min bet/raise isn't that strong.I've seen players in online tournaments try and BLUFF with min bets and raises/reraises. You CAN'T start sterotyping these types of bets. For each player that bet is going to mean a differant thing.

I don't think folding is ridiculous here. I actually think it is more likely that he has 2 pair or a set. I think I see 2 pair or a set in this spot more often than an overpair. $38 is not even close to the last $ I have in my account. I play poker for my job. I made the fold because I thought it was the right thing to do.

I don't think folding is ridiculous here.  I actually think it is more likely that he has 2 pair or a set.  I think I see 2 pair or a set in this spot more often than an overpair.  $38 is not even close to the last $ I have in my account.  I play poker for my job.  I made the fold because I thought it was the right thing to do.
You really need to re-examine your career choice. If you make this fold you're playing poker way too scared to make any money. You you fold aces on, quite possibly, the safest possible flop, then when would you continue to play them? If you're really going to continue to play poker "as your job" you need to stop playing no limit until you learn certain things about the game. Limit is a fine way to make a living and you wont make a stupid fold under pressure like this one.

LMFAO. My ROI is at what 2 plus 2 lists at the highest attainable rate for that level. Just because I know how to lay a hand down doesn't mean I play scared. I certainly hope you're not a career advisor because you're doing a piss poor job so far.

I dont have to be a career adivisor to tell people to stop thinking they can play poker for a living - it's very hard to do. Im not really going to continue this: one I involve someone's ego it tends to get like a broken record on both sides: I say something that makes sense, and the other person says something that doesnt make sense because they're enraged that I would DARE question THEM, and then I have to reiterate what I said the first time, and after 10 times of doin that back and forth all I've done is increase my number of posts! Rather than do that Im just going to let iit go, you can go back up and read over what I said again and again if you want - but Im not the only one who thinks this was the stupidest play they've seen in a while. There was this one time, I folded Aces preflop...he had me beat it was a good fold!No one's gonna pat you on the back and make you look cool on this one.

I wasn't looking for a pat on the back. I was looking for opinions on what people thought. That being said, I don't think it was a ridiculous fold. It was a way ahead or way behind scenario. I chose to preserve my chips. Everyone says poker is a very hard way to make a living. Most people who say this don't have what it takes to play for a living but one thing is for certain: RESULTS DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, all I can do is laugh at your career advice.

Biggest pre-flop mistake made in poker: playing too many hands.Biggest flop mistake made in hold em: overvaluing AA. With that many runners there is too much chance somebody hit something, and he's doing everything he can to say he hit something..believe him.

He has something, but it doesn't have to be two pair or a set. He could have something as small as a pair of 7s or even at this point. I'm not saying he doesn't have a set, and I'm not suggesting a push here, either. What I'd like to discuss is a possible motivation for the weak lead and min reraise.It's very possible that he is putting you on overcards. He catches a piece of the flop (or has a slight overpair), so he leads out with a feeler. You reraise largely, but he reads it as a bluff. However, he's not 100% positive it's a bluff. You might have a high pair, so he does the only move he has left without sacrificing his whole stack. He min-raises you to see if you're serious.Anyone else think this is plausible?

He has something, but it doesn't have to be two pair or a set. He could have something as small as a pair of 7s or even at this point. I'm not saying he doesn't have a set, and I'm not suggesting a push here, either. What I'd like to discuss is a possible motivation for the weak lead and min reraise.It's very possible that he is putting you on overcards. He catches a piece of the flop (or has a slight overpair), so he leads out with a feeler. You reraise largely, but he reads it as a bluff. However, he's not 100% positive it's a bluff. You might have a high pair, so he does the only move he has left without sacrificing his whole stack. He min-raises you to see if you're serious.Anyone else think this is plausible?
Plausible, yes, likely, no. He cant expect to get much better information out of a second "feeler" bet on the same street after a very solid raise. If he calls he's got first action next round and can get the same information plus have seen the turn card.

I just can't see my opponent putting me on 2 overcards very often here. I did make a pot sized raise w/ 4 to the flop. People don't just bluff with this many people in the pot, even on a flop like this one. It's nice to see that someone as respected as Copernicus is advocating a fold here. I was starting to second guess myself.