fold this preflop?

Omaha Hi/Low $0.50-$1 PL (real money), hand #86,570,300Table Neuchatel, 5 Feb 2006 12:55 AM ETSeat 10: fcpbdc30 [ QH,AS,3S,AD ]ANTES/BLINDSSB posts blind ($0.50), BB posts blind ($0.50).PRE-FLOPUTG bets $2, UTG+1 folds, fcpbdc30...With the raise in front of me, should I be folding here? I have an ok low hand with no counterfeit protection, onlymy spades are suited, and the queen only helps marginally...Choose another time to fight??

Omaha Hi/Low $0.50-$1 PL (real money), hand #86,570,300Table Neuchatel, 5 Feb 2006 12:55 AM ETSeat 10: fcpbdc30 [ QH,AS,3S,AD ]ANTES/BLINDSSB posts blind ($0.50), BB posts blind ($0.50).PRE-FLOPUTG bets $2, UTG+1 folds, fcpbdc30...With the raise in front of me, should I be folding here?  I have an ok low hand with no counterfeit protection, onlymy spades are suited, and the queen only helps marginally...Choose another time to fight??
granted i play limit omaha mostly, i am not to familiar with PL, but i would make the call... reads are pretty crucial in omaha h/l, and you don't give any backround info (probably do not have any yet). and is it a full table or short handed? full table im more iffy about the call being in such early position.
granted i play limit omaha mostly, i am not to familiar with PL, but i would make the call... reads are pretty crucial in omaha h/l, and you don't give any backround info  (probably do not have any yet). and is it a full table or short handed? full table im more iffy about the call being in such early position.
Sorry, I realized I left out some info. I was UTG+2 at a full 10 playertable. If I had been somewhere near the button, and it was $2 to callI think in that spot I'd have to call just because I'd have position in the hand, but here with 7 guys behind me, I'd hate to see it get re-pottedby the time it comes back to me. Tough to scoop with this hand....

oh for sure, and at a PL omaha h/l game at that limit all it takes is you and another limper and the button/late pos. will usually pot it.yea i dont like that hand nearly as much at a 10 handed omaha PL table... i prefer 6 handed omaha

What's A2w??I'm not big on getting it all in here, as I will have a toughtime grabbing any piece of the low, especially if up againstthe other pair of aces, with a deuce...even worse if the other guy is double suited....

If you're even thinking about folding this hand your O8 game needs serious work. A weak/tight-ectomy, to be more specific.
lol - that's why I posted it...I'm working on it. :club:

I think you have to play this hand and the last thing I would be worried about is someone re-potting it. I don't agree with the UTG's play here btw, regardless of what he is holding. I tend to side with Lyle Berman and never raise early in this game with anything. But if you put the UTG raiser on AA or at least A2, and you are sitting here with AA, exactly whats left in the deck for someone else to raise with that could scare you away?I probably just call the raise here. This is a hand I don't mind seeing a flop with even if its multiway. I'm thinking there's only one A left out there at most, so I let the others come along and hope to win a big pot here. Certainly a case can be made for re-raising the max here, as you likely have the best hand and have position on the UTG player. That may in fact be the best play, its just not what I would do.Changing things around a bit, if UTG limps, I limp with [ QH,AS,3S,AD ] then we get another caller, a raise, another caller, and UTG calls. Now I'm betting the pot all day and twice on Sunday and we'll find out who really wants to play this hand. And thats actually what I'm hoping for with this hand from EP. I'm wanting a few stragglers with a raise somewhere along the way so I can bet enough to gets heads up with someone or take it down right there. On the other hand, and like I mentioned, I don't mind seeing a flop here with this hand if there are no later raises.Under no circumstances would I fold this hand preflop.

What's A2w??I'm not big on getting it all in here, as I will have a toughtime grabbing any piece of the low, especially if up againstthe other pair of aces, with a deuce...even worse if the other guy is double suited....
A2 plus a wheel card.When you have AAw with a suited ace, you really want to isolate against one player and play for your stack. The reason for this is that you have an excellent chance of scooping on a high only board or of 3/4 when there is a low. It is very unlikely that you will get stacked. However, If you are against several players, it is likely that the flop will hit several of you and so it is a lot harder to come away with a disproportionate share of a big pot.If the other guy does have AA2 and/or you get stacked, then so be it, that's poker. However this hand is one of the few situations in PLO8 that you can be confident of being waaaaaay ahead pre-flop. Not re-raising here is like not re-raising in the same position with KK in HE, IMO.The other factor to think about is stack size - andthe only way that it would change things here would be if the opener was all=in, in which case you could flat call and hope a late position player raises, so you can re-raise all-in.

I probably just call the raise here. This is a hand I don't mind seeing a flop with even if its multiway. I'm thinking there's only one A left out there at most, so I let the others come along and hope to win a big pot here. You really want to play a pot heads up with this hand. Especially with having position on the orignal raiser, YOU HAVE TO RAISE. Stacks sizes are also important here and if we can commit UTG on the flop or not.just read ChamonyX post, he is always right

Sir, probably the best perspective from which to start thinking about the hand is this:It is nearly impossible for this raiser's hand, or anyone else's at the table, to be better than yours. Doesn't folding, or even not-reraising, start to seem silly from that angle?

1 play here and its not close:Re-raise the pot. AA3Q single suited is exactly the type of hand where you want to get the pot heads up and play for your stack. This is a great spot because you have position on the initial raiser. If you are thinking about folding this hand you should do some reading on PLO8. Check out O8poker.com.

1 play here and its not close:Re-raise the pot. AA3Q single suited is exactly the type of hand where you want to get the pot heads up and play for your stack. This is a great spot because you have position on the initial raiser. If you are thinking about folding this hand you should do some reading on PLO8. Check out O8poker.com.
I tried that sites name, and it didnt work. Maybe its my computer... :?
1 play here and its not close:Re-raise the pot.  AA3Q single suited is exactly the type of hand where you want to get the pot heads up and play for your stack. This is a great spot because you have position on the initial raiser.  If you are thinking about folding this hand you should do some reading on PLO8.  Check out O8poker.com.
I tried that sites name, and it didnt work. Maybe its my computer... :?
??o8poker.com not zero8poker.com.

So given the discussion in this thread, is this howI should be playing AAQ3 single suited??Omaha Hi/Low $0.25-$0.50 PL (real money), hand #97,867,433Table Talca, 7 Feb 2006 8:15 PM ETANTES/BLINDSsb($0.25), bb posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPutg calls $0.25, utg+1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, mp calls $0.25, hero bets $1.75, 3 folds, utg calls $1.50, utg+1 calls $1.50, mp calls $1.50.FLOP [board cards 5S,KD,2D ]utg folds, utg+1 checks, mp checks, hero bets $7.50, utg+1 calls $7.50, mp folds.TURN [board cards 5S,KD,2D,JS ]utg+1 checks, hero bets $21.50 and is all-in, utg+1 calls $14.75 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 5S,KD,2D,JS,KH ]

So given the discussion in this thread, is this howI should be playing AAQ3 single suited??Omaha Hi/Low $0.25-$0.50 PL (real money), hand #97,867,433Table Talca, 7 Feb 2006 8:15 PM ETANTES/BLINDSsb($0.25), bb posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPutg calls $0.25, utg+1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, mp calls $0.25, hero bets $1.75, 3 folds, utg calls $1.50, utg+1 calls $1.50, mp calls $1.50.FLOP [board cards 5S,KD,2D ]utg folds, utg+1 checks, mp checks, hero bets $7.50, utg+1 calls $7.50, mp folds.TURN [board cards 5S,KD,2D,JS ]utg+1 checks, hero bets $21.50 and is all-in, utg+1 calls $14.75 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 5S,KD,2D,JS,KH ]
Yes, nh.
Yes, nh.
Yes, nh.And I agree with the line of re-raise AA3 (ss) preflop. You're ahead of almost every hand with the exception of AA2.