ever feel like you got kicked in the nuts?..bad beat

$50 short handed NL on Party PokerI am in BB (.25) with ~33 and pick up AdKdEP (15) raises to 1folds around to button (21) who raises to 1.75SB foldsI raise to 5, both players callFlop comes Kc 10s 4h... rainbow flopI check, EP checks, button goes all in for 16$, I call, EP folds.button shows 2h7hnext two cards are both hearts and I lose a 45$ pot to a back door flush draw with 27 lol

wow. I can't even believe you would post this.Play poker for longer than two weeks please. This is nothing.Sorry for being harsh, but seriously man...go masturbate with your tears or something if you want to feel better.- Jordan

The NL forum sucks so much because people pollute it with garbage bad beat censored. Put this in the Bad Beat Forum.They won't care there either though.
I take issue with this. Yes, this is a bad beat and as such belongs in the bad beat forum. This forum doesn't suck because people pollute it with garbage. This forum "sucks" because people aren't willing to discuss or share the theory behind why they're doing what they're doing. They're more apt to say, "Bet more on the flop" and nothing more. If this forum is going to be sucessful it's going to be because people like Merby, David, TJ, Scott(there's more) and others post well thought out responses to hands and give reasons for why they advocate the play they're advocating. This forum will not get better because people bitch about it. I've begged people to post hands. Everyone from KDawg to Chuck Sty to Daniel himself. I don't post the 'articles' anymore because people would just say 'good post'. That's not what I wanted. I wanted solid discussion on why it is people agree or why it is they disagree. Or to fine tune the more intricate and finer points of the play or the situation. Thanks, though. I'm glad to know the work I've put into this forum has led to you saying it sucked. Makes me feel pretty warm.

Well, since you posted this in the strategy forum, I'll focus on the post from a strategy standpoint.You can't put in the third raise preflop and check the flop without arousing suspicion. Any decent player will realize what you're trying to pull here and check a lot of hands he would have called a bet with.Furthermore, one pair's just not a good hand to slowplay. I mean, that's all you have is one pair. If your opponent had bottom pair, he'd be five outs away from having you beat. As far as I'm concerned, you have to lead out on this flop. Yes, you got lucky and the donkey went all-in this time, but against any half-decent players, you're just flushing equity down the toilet.

The NL forum sucks so much because people pollute it with garbage bad beat censored. Put this in the Bad Beat Forum.They won't care there either though.
I take issue with this. Yes, this is a bad beat and as such belongs in the bad beat forum. This forum doesn't suck because people pollute it with garbage. This forum "sucks" because people aren't willing to discuss or share the theory behind why they're doing what they're doing. They're more apt to say, "Bet more on the flop" and nothing more. If this forum is going to be sucessful it's going to be because people like Merby, David, TJ, Scott(there's more) and others post well thought out responses to hands and give reasons for why they advocate the play they're advocating. This forum will not get better because people bitch about it. I've begged people to post hands. Everyone from KDawg to Chuck Sty to Daniel himself. I don't post the 'articles' anymore because people would just say 'good post'. That's not what I wanted. I wanted solid discussion on why it is people agree or why it is they disagree. Or to fine tune the more intricate and finer points of the play or the situation. Thanks, though. I'm glad to know the work I've put into this forum has led to you saying it sucked. Makes me feel pretty warm.
Drawing,I am glad you are putting such an effort into this section. This is where I mainly hang. I wish there were more 50 post responses with well thought out answers as well. There is always going to be the occasional Dick head response but we can get by that. It seems like some of the most intelligent respnses come from some people that dont post many hands but respond to other hands which is definitly helpful but if we could get all people who respond to post hands and thoughts as well we could get some great discussions going. kepp the effort going. I post when I have time and hope to be of some help and hope to learn a lot as well.E

Table was extremely aggressive / donkish, and I felt like I had the best hand and with no real draws on the board I was confident one of the two shorter stacks would stab, then I would come back over the top. Realistically, theres no way I'm laying down that hand, all my money is going in regardless of the last two cards or bets by the short stacks behind me, so I see no harm in check raising here for equity at an agressive table.Really, I was just venting about the fact that someone called 20x the BB with 27 to a third raise.

Table was extremely aggressive / donkish, and I felt like I had the best hand and with no real draws on the board I was confident one of the two shorter stacks would stab, then I would come back over the top. Realistically, theres no way I'm laying down that hand, all my money is going in regardless of the last two cards or bets by the short stacks behind me, so I see no harm in check raising here for equity at an agressive table.Really, I was just venting about the fact that someone called 20x the BB with 27 to a third raise.
BB on the $50 NL table is .50, so he called 10X. He was already in for 1.75, so it was more like 6x. You're playing $50, and I'm sure there are donkey calls like this all the time, just so happens this time the hand won. Next time the hand should play out like thisFlop x x x Hero bets $12Button foldsEP foldsHero wins decent potAfter reading again, I'm assuming you were playing $25NL with a .25 BB.. in that case welcome to variance city, population you.

I don't care what anyone says, this was a terrible beat. Not only did he manage to hit the runner-runner he needed, but he called a 10x big blind raise with 27. Let's focus on the fact this guy got screwed instead of what forum it should be under... it's just the internet, people!Seriousbusiness2.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, this was a terrible beat. Not only did he manage to hit the runner-runner he needed, but he called a 10x big blind raise with 27. Let's focus on the fact this guy got screwed instead of what forum it should be under... it's just the internet, people!Seriousbusiness2.jpg
Yep, bad beats only happen on the internet. Thats probably because it is rigged, maybe you should report it to someone.