movies i like that everyone else hates

Movies I like that everyone else hates1. Ed WoodActually, there are probably some people out there that like this movie, but every time I suggest it to someone, they rent it and say, “why did you want me to watch that? It sucked!” I’m 3 for 3 on that one.2. Joe Gould’s SecretThere are flies on me…There are flies on you…3. The Red ViolinI don’t know anyone else that has seen this movie, but I’m guessing most wouldn’t like it. I loved it.Those are the main 3 that others hate. As for movies that aren’t exactly hated, but that I like to watch more than most people:4. BeetlejuiceI don’t own it on DVD or anything, but it’s one of those movies that come on TV and I have to watch it.5. TremorsAnother movie that I have to watch when it’s on TV.BEST MOVIE EVER MADE: Psycho (1960)WORST MOVIE EVER MADE: Psycho (1998)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movies I like that everyone else hates1. Ed WoodActually, there are probably some people out there that like this movie, but every time I suggest it to someone, they rent it and say, “why did you want me to watch that? It sucked!” I’m 3 for 3 on that one.
well now your 3 for 4. I love this movie and its a great performance by depp

I like this thread!I forgot about Ed Wood. Great Movie! I loved it. A movie that I love that most people would probably hate is Real Men.I love this wacky movie. My son loves it too. I think it is the warped humor. For most, it is just kind of dumb, to me, it is brilliant. Never saw Joe Gould's Secret or the Red Violin.Beetlejuice is awesome. Tremors is good. Oh... another wacky movie I love that I am sure many will hate is Plain Clothes. It isloaded with B actors. I absolutely love this movie!

I really don't know if people hate it, but All the real girls is really good. I've noticed that a lot of people don't like Gangs of New York, just watch it people and if you make a good argument then I can maybe agree, but if your only reason is that its long, please

OMFG! Psycho 98 was GREAT! Vince Vaughn was absolutely spectacular! Ann Hache.. well, yeah. but Vince Vaughn was great!
You've got to be kidding me!You just CAN'T be serious.
I really don't know if people hate it, but All the real girls is really good. I've noticed that a lot of people don't like Gangs of New York, just watch it people and if you make a good argument then I can maybe agree, but if your only reason is that its long, please
You got it Dawg, I'm gonna' rent Gangs of New York and check it out on your reccomendation.
I swear no one takes me serious, wrto last night said I couldn't be serious either.Vince Vaughn was classic as Norman Bates. He nailed it dead on
Let me guess, you either...a) Saw the 1998 version first and never saw the original, orB) Saw the 1960 version after seeing the 1998 and the "secret" was spoiled and you didn't think it was that good.By the way, the original novel was written by Robert Bloch who, at the time he was writing it, lived in Weyawega Wisconsin. There was a little motel there called the Lakeside Inn which served as the inspiration for the Bates Motel.I drove right by that motel every day on my way to work. When I left Wisconsin about 3 years ago, it was still standing (but they were starting to rennovate it--so it's probably lost its charm now).Pretty cool, huh?

Yeah that is awesome, did you get pictures of yourself infront of it? I would've dressed in drag and done it, tooBut I saw the origional when I was real young, like 10 or so. I dunno, I tend to actually like some of the remakes. 12 Angry Men was another one. Classic when it was first made, and the remake was just as good, if not a teeny bit better.

Now this is where theresa and everyone else tries to figure out my age. Avid Dylan and Clapton fan.. but.. he only saw the original when he was 10?Maybe I just don't remember his preformance being that spectacular. Great movie, don't get me wrong- its an absolute classic. but I just thought Vince Vaughn did great. He's not just a bad comedian

Yeah that is awesome, did you get pictures of yourself infront of it? I would've dressed in drag and done it, too
LOL!If I would've dressed in drag in THAT town, there would've been one more hunting accident.

Oh, I just thought of another movie that most people hate that I really liked:Time Bandits

Now this is where theresa and everyone else tries to figure out my age. Avid Dylan and Clapton fan.. but.. he only saw the original when he was 10?Maybe I just don't remember his preformance being that spectacular. Great movie,  don't get me wrong- its an absolute classic. but I just thought Vince Vaughn did great. He's not just a bad comedian
I saw Pyscho, the original, as an adult. The movie came out before I was born and I am OLD!My dad was a big Dylan fan. He was also into heavier rock, jazz, reggae and blues. My mom loved folk rock, motown, country, crooners and intrumental music. You never knew what you were going to hear in my house. I think my parents had 500 to 600 albums at one time, if not more. However, the musician you heard the most was Neil Diamond. Gosh, I love Neil. Dylan is great and complex but Neil always puts me in a great mood. As a teen, my parents taste grew with the times. In fact, my mom still listens to the POP station... yeah, I wish it was the rock station, but she is almost 60 and still loves new music. Pretty cool.

thats pretty handy. My mother grew up in a house like that. Sundays the TV remained off from midnight to midnight. They'd play record after record. Didn't matter what. Hawaiian music, Neil Diamond, Sinatra, ect.But she's heavy into country too. Started me off that way- grew to love Garth Brooks which segwayed easily into rock. CCR is still one of my favorites. That lead to interest in Dylan and Eric, which branched off in thousands of directions.Now all I can get in my car is New Rock- which isn't bad. little linkin park never hurt no one. But I still love the easy stuff. Ben Folds, Dave Matthews, ect. Good poker music. There's no reason to headbang while tossing 27o away.

A few points:1. I do own Beetljuice on DVD.2. Psycho (1998) was horrible!3. Cable Guy was awesome!4. Batman & Robin may have killed the Batman franchise!

I've noticed that a lot of people don't like Gangs of New York, just watch it people and if you make a good argument then I can maybe agree, but if your only reason is that its long, please
I enjoyed Gangs of New York. Long movies don't scare me off. A lot of people hated The English Patient. I thought it was good.Did anyone else watch Shaun of the Dead? That was ****ing hillarious!Nikki
Oh, I just thought of another movie that most people hate that I really liked:Time Bandits
Normally, I like quirky weird stuff like that, but Time bandits was disturbing to me. I can't really explain why. I think it was disturbing like Brazil. I thought I would like that one because the Monty Python troop did it. It wasn't bad, but it gave me nightmares.Nikki

I love how the initial idea of "movies I love that most people hate" was proven after maybe 5 posts because of Psycho '98. Tisk tisk, we are here to support eachother gentlemen.James Bond movies for me, with Sean Connery or Roger Moore. I love to watch any Bond marathon on TV, but most people I know aren't into the whole save-the-world-in-ridiculous-fasion-while-sleeping-around-and-never-getting-diseased thing.