fastest 100bb downswing

i think i am in the running. down 100BB in just over 1000 hands, actually started making a comeback in there so it was more like 700 hands at its worst point. its actually been hilarious, set over set, second nut flushes vs nut flush. making the nut flush to see the board pair on the river and crying call to see the boat. my vpip is all the way down to 13% from 18-19, just a horrible run of cards. this is my worst downswing ever, but i'm laughing about it. quitting for the night to go have some beers. actually lost a 25BB buyin in 26 hands. Didnt win a single pot, lol. OK, the reason for this post is to share:Newbies, this will eventually happen to you, so smile, take it with a grain of salt, and get your head right for the next session. If you are playing within your limits its not that bad of a day and pretty much everyone here that has played for a while has had this kind of a run. If you realize that you arent playing your best and may be pushing too hard, quit for the day. If you think the limit may be too tough for you, move down. ok, onto the flaming from the regulars who will see this as only a bad beat post.

Guest XXEddie
I think I hold the record, I've done it in 1.5 hrs before.  You start getting used to it, at least I do.
samebut to the OPlosing 100BB in 1000 hands is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1thats only 1BB every ten hanbs

oh, it doesnt bother me at all. i have 50k hands at this limit with a solid win rate. unfortunate non-poker circumstances have made me cash out chunks of money which have kept me bankrolled for only this limit. this was just my first WOW downswing. the speed and drastic nature of it suprised me. i am still rolled properly, and i may review a few of the hands to see if i made any major errors, but when the cards go against you, not much you can do. Variance is a bitch. i just thought i would share with some of the less experienced players that havent had the pleasure of a wicked downswing. funny thing for me is that i was on a sick rush all last weekend so i am actually still winning at like 1.5BB/100 over the last couple thousand hands. i was hitting every set and draw just a week ago. well, payback is a biatch.

ok, i change my answer. a bottle of wine later, i am just getting pissed. decided to play a few nl tourneys, not my specialty, but fun anyway. AK all in pre-flop gets beat by AQs, ATs on a A85 flop, run down by K5 on the trips river. i may have to kill someone. that or just drink another bottle of wine and think about how due for a bad swing i am. lol.

I feel your pain, g0t an as s whuppin last night on suckouts. twice had raised it all in on the turn and donkeys called it on the draw and hit, bamn two buyins plus what I was up for the night gone. sigh, that's the spice that makes poker so damn tasty ! :shock: