1st hand at the table, so no readsParty Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with Q:diamond:, Q:club:. 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) A:heart:, 6:spade:, 2:club: (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.Turn: (5.75 BB) Q:heart: (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (13.75 BB) 2:heart: (3 players)MP1 bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 19.75 BBtell me i'm being results oriented but I feel like I pissed away a ton of chips on this hand...

Guest Zach6668

I probably cap the river. He could easily have AQ as well.Edit - Then again, he's not at all worried about our strength. Either way, I'll gladly lose the maximum in a set over set situation, because most of the time, he will not have it.

tell me i'm being results oriented but I feel like I censored away a ton of chips on this hand...no, no I won't.I will tell you that you better not let losses like this make you scared to pump the pot when you have a powerhouse. I'm speaking from experience.

tell me i'm being results oriented but I feel like I censored away a ton of chips on this hand...no, no I won't.I will tell you that you better not let losses like this make you scared to pump the pot when you have a powerhouse. I'm speaking from experience.
Against most opponents, the flop smooth call followed by the turn raise/cap, should around suspicion. I really only want to put in 2 bets on the river. It's impossible to control though, since your opponent acts first. I really don't want to call the river bet either, and I don't want to raise/fold.Yeah, I would play it the same. I know a river cap is no good. But I don't think you can play it any differently than to raise/call this river. Even though I really want to call the river bet. It feels right, but pressing raise is easy to do with a FH.