yet another "going to vegas" thread

hey dude i agree with you on the horseshoe, i have been to vegas twice and i will be avoiding downtown like the plague next time.. if i can help it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new restaurant that opened at the MGM Grand where you are staying by chef Joel Robuchon who is regarded as the greatest chef on earth. I haven't been able to go there yet, but it has to be good....and I'm sure the price tag will go along with it.
Good tip. Doesn't Emeril also have his other Vegas restaurant in the MGM? A New Orleans style seafood place?
If wine is your thing, check out Aureole at Mandalay Bay. They have a 4 story wine tower enclosed in glass where these chicks on ropes called Wine angels fly up and down to get bottles of wine. I'm pretty sure it is a fixed menu....running about $70 per person....but it is a guarantee you will never be able to eat in a place like this anywhere else in the world.
It's funny you mention that, I JUST saw this on the Travel Channel last night. All my wife (who loves wine) could say was, "Oh ... wow!"Thanks for all the great ideas. If you come up with anything else, please share!
There is a new restaurant that opened at the MGM Grand where you are staying by chef Joel Robuchon who is regarded as the greatest chef on earth. I haven't been able to go there yet, but it has to be good....and I'm sure the price tag will go along with it.
Good tip. Doesn't Emeril also have his other Vegas restaurant in the MGM? A New Orleans style seafood place?
If wine is your thing, check out Aureole at Mandalay Bay. They have a 4 story wine tower enclosed in glass where these chicks on ropes called Wine angels fly up and down to get bottles of wine. I'm pretty sure it is a fixed menu....running about $70 per person....but it is a guarantee you will never be able to eat in a place like this anywhere else in the world.
It's funny you mention that, I JUST saw this on the Travel Channel last night. All my wife (who loves wine) could say was, "Oh ... wow!"Thanks for all the great ideas. If you come up with anything else, please share!
Emeril's restaurant in the MGM is very good. They were closed for a while to remodel, but it's open again. I highly recommend it if you like seafood. We've eaten at both of Emeril's restaurants in Vegas, and while I like Delmonico a little more, either is a great choice.

I know it was posted earlier but check out,www.allvegaspoker.com Read it nonstop, click on the different room reviews and trip reports and make yourself list of places to play.It helped me out a TON on my first trip to play cards there that's for sure.

It's Emeril's seafood place that is located at the MGM, the steakhouse is Delmonico which is at the Venetian. Either will be excellent...just depends if you are in a steak or seafood mood.I just found out some more info about the Joel Robuchon place at the MGM. I'm not sure if you can get individual entrees, but they have a 6 course fixed menu for $175 per person.Oh....another place that I heard is good for lunch, but I haven't had a chance to go their yet is Todd English's place called Olives at the Bellagio. Apparently the prices are fairly reasonable for a celebrity chef restaurant.As far as poker rooms go.....I've mentioned it several times on other threads....but the new poker room at Caesar's Palace is without a doubt my new favorite. They have the biggest spread of games in town with Hold 'Em, Omaha, Stud, HORSE, and Razz. They will pretty much run any game if there is enough interest and a dealer available for it. Caesar's room is huge....not like the Bellagio where you have people crawling on top of you to move around. Very comfortable seating that is adjustable.The staff is excellent for the most part. Many of the dealers there were displaced by Katrina, so they are new to Caesar's..but still experienced. There are a few dealers that are wet behind the ears....but not that bad considering the room is less than a month old.Caesar's also offers the best daily NLH tournament in town. Everyday at noon, there is an $80 buy in with $50 rebuy that gives you 1500 for the buyin and 3000 for the rebuy. The blinds start at 25-50 and there are 40 minute rounds!! Don't forget that it is still Caesar's Palace...so there will be fish galore.

Caesar's also offers the best daily NLH tournament in town. Everyday at noon, there is an $80 buy in with $50 rebuy that gives you 1500 for the buyin and 3000 for the rebuy. The blinds start at 25-50 and there are 40 minute rounds!!
Wow that sounds like a great tournament. I think i found where im gonna go next wednesday. Question about the rebuy..can you do it at any time? or is it only after a certain level...for instance coudl i just buy in for 120 and get 4500 chips.
Ill be in vegas the 27-30th. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good tournaments with less than a $100 buy in. Ill be going with a group and we'll basically just be looking for somewhere we can play for a few hours if one of us goes deep without investing too much money. Thanks.
Strongly recommend the Sahara tournies, $42. + single $20. rebuy or add-on. Max total investment of $62. 3 tournaments daily, 11am, 7pm and 11pm. lots of playing time, good mix of tourists/locals...
Caesar's also offers the best daily NLH tournament in town. Everyday at noon, there is an $80 buy in with $50 rebuy that gives you 1500 for the buyin and 3000 for the rebuy. The blinds start at 25-50 and there are 40 minute rounds!!
Wow that sounds like a great tournament. I think i found where im gonna go next wednesday. Question about the rebuy..can you do it at any time? or is it only after a certain level...for instance coudl i just buy in for 120 and get 4500 chips.
You get your buy in at the cage, and then you can rebuy at any time during the first 2 rounds at the table....I'll usually just get it once the dealer is at the table and ready to hand them out.Here is the entire blind structure40 Minute Rounds1st 25-502nd 50-10015 minute break - last chance for rebuy3rd 100-200 25 ante4th 200-400 50 ante10 minute break - race off $25 chips5th 400-800 100 ante6th 600-1200 100 ante10 minute break7th 1000-2000 200 ante8th 2000-4000 400 ante10 minute break - race off $100 chips9th 3000-6000 500 ante10th 5000-10000 1000 ante10 minute break11th 10000-15000 2000 ante12th 15000-30000 5000 ante13th 20000-40000 5000 anteThe payout structure - 49 entries or less - 1 person per table50-150 entries - 10 people151-250 entries - 20 peopleI've only done the noon tournament a few times, and each time it was around 40 people....so it would pay out 4 places. The tournament director said that the turnout usually varies between 40-80 people.
just found this on Ceasar's websitehttp://www.caesars.com/NR/rdonlyres/C3B396...entSchedule.pdfLooks like the 80 dollar tourny is only monday and tuesday. It bumps to 120 with a 100 rebuy for the late week..and limit tournys on the weekends.
The information on that link is incorrect. That is the tournament schedule that they first came out with, but they changed it last week. Now everyday at noon has the $80 buy in with $50 rebuy, and everyday at 7pm has the $120 buy in with the $100 rebuy. They are all NLH tournaments and all of the other tournaments have been cancelled.