guilty pleasures

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why cant i turn off curling...its horrible yet i seem to keep watching it :shock:
I was just asking myself the same question earlier. I think it's like cricket, you don't understand what's going on, but you're able to convince yourself that one day you will...so you keep watching. I have a British friend who told me that no American will ever...ever fully understand cricket and that I should just stop watching it. So I did. I'm still holding out hope for Curling though, I think I'm getting the hang of good old Rock Darts.

yea i am to..i dont know the terminology but i kinda understand the point and whats going on...i dont know if thats good or bad.i think by knowing about curling im pushin out important info that i should remember..oh well

why cant i turn off curling...its horrible yet i seem to keep watching it :shock:
curling is like a combo of shuffleboard and horseshoes.a basic strategy outline.the team who shoots last in each "end" (there are 10 ends) has the "hammer." each team has 8 "rocks" (shots) in each end.if a team with the hammer scores in an end, the other team gets the hammer. if no team scores, or if the team without the hammer scores, the team keeps the hammer.the goal of the team with the hammer is to score two or more points. they do not want to let the other team score (called a "steal"), but they also do not want one point.the goal of the team without the hammer is of course to steal, but also to hold the other team to one point.since the hammer switches if the team with the hammer scores, if you can hold them to one point consistently, and you score more than one point...you'll win.so basically, if you have the hammer, you try to score two or more. alternatively, you'd like to "blank the end" or have no one score.without the hammer, you want to score. since you don't shoot last though, holding the other team to one is usually the goal.it's scored like horseshoes. closest to the center of the center ring gets one point. if the second closest is the same coloUr, you get two. if the third closest... etc. technically, you can score as many as 8 points. if a team scores 3 or more, or if a team steals more than 1, this is very good, and they will often win the game.this is not as short as i meant, but curling is a great game. it actually needs an enormous amount of strategy, very little of which i understand.oh canada...daniel

diarrhea and no toilet paper in the house has created a new guilty pleasure....wiping with baby wipes.No worrying about poking a hole through the TP if you wanna go diggin'.Have I said too much?

Kelly F'n Clarkson
I've always thought she was hot. And I've been known to rock out to her songs
as have I my friend, as have I
"Since you've been goooonnne, I can breathe for the first time."Show me a man who hasn't sung that song at the top of his lungs and I'll show you a liar.
Kelly F'n Clarkson
"Since you've been goooonnne, I can breathe for the first time."Show me a man who hasn't sung that song at the top of his lungs and I'll show you a liar.
i have not sung that one. that's probably the only one though. i don't even think she's particularly attractive, she just rocks that much.and DM - we had no toilet paper in my house for weeks. we'd have been lucky to have baby wipes. jumping in the shower is a good option.another guilty pleasure:even scratch your butt and give it a little sniff?umm i know i haven't.daniel
Kelly F'n Clarkson
i have not sung that one. that's probably the only one though. i don't even think she's particularly attractive, she just rocks that much.and DM - we had no toilet paper in my house for weeks. we'd have been lucky to have baby wipes. jumping in the shower is a good option.another guilty pleasure:even scratch your butt and give it a little sniff?umm i know i haven't.daniel
I think this gets the post of the day award
LOL he is prob doing it right now CW...i guess you did your good deed for the day
I was to busy knocking one out over your av.....sw
:club::D
there is nothing wrong with that...in fact its encouraged
it's a good way to pass the time limit on posts :D
OK....i confess i sometimes ok always jack to pictures of Stephanie McMahon..it used to be like my favorite thing to do. 8)
Been there. I also own the Sable Playboy, it is the only dirty magazine ever owned or purchased by me.And dannyg... I bet you like to take your hand and wipe your ballsweat and smell that too dont you? Or is that just me
OK....i confess i sometimes ok always jack to pictures of Stephanie McMahon..it used to be like my favorite thing to do. 8)
Been there. I also own the Sable Playboy, it is the only dirty magazine ever owned or purchased by my.And dannyg... I bet you like to take your hand and wipe your ballsweat and smell that too dont you? Or is that just me
This thread is quickly becoming "Filthy, Atrocious Pleasures"

Gotta say - I love Diane Farr (formerly of Rescue me and now in Numb3rs)

Been there. I also own the Sable Playboy, it is the only dirty magazine ever owned or purchased by me.And dannyg... I bet you like to take your hand and wipe your ballsweat and smell that too dont you? Or is that just me
"wipe" is such a strong word. if the sweat happens to find its way on to something, which then founds its way on to something in front of my nose, well i certainly can't be blamed for that.actually i'm famous for washing my sweaty balls on neighbour's lawn sprinklers. size 1 is impressive. you can really hide stuff.