new post actually worth reading....

Come on folks we're talking about the GENERAL here. It's mostly a goof and always has been imo. Every now and then the posts are intellectually stimulating and thought provoking but more often it's just entertaining drivel. I for one love it.I think your expectations are too high. Does anyone come here looking for poker utopia or the last golden key that will unlock all of pokers mysteries? This is entertainment, mind candy, brain butter.If anything there are far more overly serious and angry folks He ll bent on flaming rather than producing decent posts. Those folks do far more damage to the forums credibility than the goofs posting turds.Lighten up?Best...

Come on folks we're talking about the GENERAL here. It's mostly a goof and always has been imo. Every now and then the posts are intellectually stimulating and thought provoking but more often it's just entertaining drivel. I for one love it.I think your expectations are too high. Does anyone come here looking for poker utopia or the last golden key that will unlock all of pokers mysteries? This is entertainment, mind candy, brain butter.If anything there are far more overly serious and angry folks He ll bent on flaming rather than producing decent posts. Those folks do far more damage to the forums credibility than the goofs posting turds.Lighten up?Best...
YSALKY+1 :-)
i miss the old fcp..... :club:
loll...thats like the 20th time ive seen u say that...but i miss it too, the pre-charter FCP.
i know....i have to post this at least once a day to make myself feel better....lol
Give me 2 weeks, and i'l bring back the old FCP, seriously, trust me, i've been out and about lately, havent [posted much, and it shows,I pwn everyone, cuz i am who i am, and if you dont know, learn!.P.S. I have my own fan club. I'll make things betterm, dont worry Ivey;)
Try to weed through the mess and find something worthwhile to spend your time on, or visit another area, which will be less infested with these new bugs that are seemingly breeding at an alarming rate.
I've noticed this and I've only been here for a week. Its frustrating to sort through the endless amount of pointless posts to find quality information.

I believe the reason alot of vets here on this site have gotten involved, or at least from my personal experience, is to maybe point out how truly annoying they are. Thus, hopefully making this noticable to the mods so some action can occur. But lost in this idea was the fact that, They are doing things just for the attention, And by responding......We are just giving them ammo. Perhaps the silent treatment is the best method.

I have to admit, I have fallen into responding to these guys on several occasions even while knowing that it was the wrong way to go.I guess its the old last word thing I just can't get away from. The best thing to do with them is to ignore them, but they just make it so hard sometimes.I do however, think that it is the veteran's responsibility in situations like this to rise above childish antics and insults, and to exercise restraint in responding to trolls, and even try (as hard as it may be) to help newbs with posting problems as opposed to instnatly flaming themthats just my .02 for what its worthPS, I also know that while my post count dictates that I'm a veteran, I know I've only been here a month so that doesn't really count for much.

I believe the reason alot of vets here on this site have gotten involved, or at least from my personal experience, is to maybe point out how truly annoying they are. Thus, hopefully making this noticable to the mods so some action can occur. But lost in this idea was the fact that, They are doing things just for the attention, And by responding......We are just giving them ammo. Perhaps the silent treatment is the best method.
Agree.
With all the idiocy that's been running rampant lately.  It's obvious that it's getting a lot of people frustrated, and it's completely understandable.  But take notice of how many vets are in these threads arguing with the new breed of idiot that is running around trying to rile everybody up.  Not very many.There is no point in even bothering to argue.  They are not here to have reasonable discussions, and don't care whether what you say makes sense or not.  They are trolls, and should be ignored as such.It's fun to play back and forth, and have our share of fun, but obviously some people are becoming frustrated with some things, because these trolls ignore reality and just say things to bother everyone.  But keep in mind, they serve no purpose, and they don't actually matter.  Nobody cares what they say, so don't waste your time trying to set them straight... they won't listen anyway.Try to weed through the mess and find something worthwhile to spend your time on, or visit another area, which will be less infested with these new bugs that are seemingly breeding at an alarming rate.Eventually, if you stop feeding them, they will die and go away.
Uh Huh! ... I LIKE IT!
Give me 2 weeks, and i'l bring back the old FCP, seriously, trust me, i've been out and about lately, havent [posted much, and it shows,I pwn everyone, cuz i am who i am, and if you dont know, learn!.P.S. I have my own fan club. I'll make things betterm, dont worry Ivey;)
It's been too long since I've seen Elisha. I miss the days when I'd open a thread from general and I would know half of the posters in the thread.PS Windsor the 3-5.