Is it worth it? How many of you people use it? What site do you use it for?Is it complicated to use or do you find it very useful. Thanks a lot guys.
Completely worth it, although I'm having trouble using it for FCP. A lot of information is thrown at you, but it's all vital and very useful. There's a message board there that provides a lot of helpful information.
Is it worth it? How many of you people use it? What site do you use it for?Is it complicated to use or do you find it very useful. Thanks a lot guys.
Completely worth it, although I'm having trouble using it for FCP. A lot of information is thrown at you, but it's all vital and very useful. There's a message board there that provides a lot of helpful information.
It's working fine for me you have to download an other program thoughgo to help menu look up hand hx for poker room
Doesn't the fact that you can change your name on sites such as FCP throw a major monkey wrench into pokertracker?
No you just have to let PT know your screen name
But you would not know the aliases of others.
Doesn't the fact that you can change your name on sites such as FCP throw a major monkey wrench into pokertracker?
i see what u r saying nowif "they" change there name often then that may be a problem

If you *truly* are a serious online player, you have no choice but to get PokerTracker. It is incredibly powerful. You don't even really have to pay attention and it categorizes the players for you. Using the GameTime plugin, it overlays a graphic of what type of player each person is at your table. It keeps track of new players entering the game, folks that leave, etc.You basically know what players are semi-loose/agressive, loose/passive, etc. It categorized them for you after you've play w/ them for a while. If you're not using this tool, remember that other are - and it puts you at a distinct disadvantage.It is well worth the $55.

but only the better players would think to do thisand and that is not who i am looking to play
but only the better players would think to do thisand and that is not who i am looking to play
"...ay, there's the rub." :-)
"...ay, there's the rub." :-)
You have to email support now to change your alias, so I think it'll become a less prevalent issue than when you had the option in your account to do so.

I have used Poker Tracker for about a year. You can set up Poker Tracker to tell you how stuck a person is for that session, how many hands they enter a pot for, and many others.When playing multiple tables, poker tracker can help give you some idea whether to make that tough call, or bluff. I usually play 10/20 limit and poker tracker can pay for itself in one hand.As an addition to poker tracker, make sure and get heads up ace. This program yanks the poker tracker numbers and overlays them on the table (that way you don't have to bring poker tracker up to see what the stats are.... Also you can see what hands they folded (because it will just show them) instead of combing through hand histories.Ray

I have used Poker Tracker for about a year.   You can set up Poker Tracker to tell you how stuck a person is for that session, how many hands they enter a pot for, and many others.When playing multiple tables, poker tracker can help give you some idea whether to make that tough call, or bluff.  I usually play 10/20 limit and poker tracker can pay for itself in one hand.As an addition to poker tracker, make sure and get heads up ace.  This program yanks the poker tracker numbers and overlays them on the table (that way you don't have to bring poker tracker up to see what the stats are.... Also you can see what hands they folded (because it will just show them) instead of combing through hand histories.Ray
I use Poker Tracker as well, I love it, but not familiar with Heads Up Ace...Link Pleasethanks
If you *truly* are a serious online player, you have no choice but to get PokerTracker.  It is incredibly powerful.  You don't even really have to pay attention and it categorizes the players for you.  Using the GameTime plugin, it overlays a graphic of what type of player each person is at your table.  It keeps track of new players entering the game, folks that leave, etc.You basically know what players are semi-loose/agressive, loose/passive, etc.  It categorized them for you after you've play w/ them for a while.  If you're not using this tool, remember that other are - and it puts you at a distinct disadvantage.It is well worth the $55.
Very useful post. Thank you. Does anyone know if this program works well with Full Tilt. Also, I play mainly sit n gos and tournaments but not cash games. Does that really matter?
Which poker sites can detect the presence of Poker tracker? What happens if you are caught using poker tracker on their sites?
as far as I know all sites allow PT. PT tracks stats and all the sites that i play allow it full tilt, stars, PP, FCP, & UB

I don't know if there is anyway to detect poker tracker. I do know that it really doesn't make a difference. The other poker player could be sitting there with a pencil and paper tracking your play ... and would that be cheating????Its not like any site is going to ban this, it is just a statistical helper. It doesn't tell me what you are going to do -- or what the next card will be ...Its usefulness for me is when playing multiple tables, ... after a player raises and it is folded to me, for exeample, I can see if the raiser has put money in the last 5 consecutive hands, I can see whether he raises everytime, I can see the frequency of a reraise ... All the program does is allow me to play several tables at once, without having to keep track of the action on each table.My belief is that it is undetectable, because I imagine that it pulls the hand history and assembles the data from there.Ray

Forgive my ignorance of the subject, but where does PT show this info. on your screen?If I'm multi-tabling, the screen is full and obviously it would be tricky to be minimizing and maximizing PT all the time.I assume it shows up at the table you're playing?