negreanu open- what's your hand?

SON OF A B!I mean Tuesdays... I didn't know about Saturdays...I am a total clod.
by saturdays, he means sundays :D:)fyi, my latest hand was AA taking in a pretty decent uncalled pot on the flop...hand of hte night was A8c, flop 258, ended up allin vs 2 other ppl, river 10c and my ace high flush beats a king high flush and a 7 high flush that had a str8 and flush draw. 9 clubs out of 11. incredible stuff
Not sure how to get the password to play with you all in the Pokerstars Negreanu Open.Thanks...love to read all your posts...lots of educated players in here.~Lance
Password is posted in the forums each week....look under "Negreanu Open - Main Event" the day of the tourney for the tourney password. New big hand by the way...dealt AA (for a string of AA KK AA over 4 hands) and get a raise and a shove ahead of me, so i reraise allin and get called by AK and K6c...flop king and 2 clubs and don't get hit out on :D

Yeah, I sucked today. Went all-in with a semi-bluff flush draw and backdoor straight possibility... Called by KK and never caught up. I never make that play, but for some reason decided to do it today. I see people do it all the time, I'm offically done with flush draws.... Fcuk Em!

Here's the hand that broke me...PokerStars Game #1222574316: Tournament #5370724, Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2005/02/15 - 22:40:49 (ET)Table '5370724 4' Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 3: Pupsta (17890 in chips) Seat 4: SQUIRRELBONE (21820 in chips) Seat 5: ______qronic (25380 in chips) Seat 6: poguemahone1 (23410 in chips) Pupsta: posts the ante 50SQUIRRELBONE: posts the ante 50______qronic: posts the ante 50poguemahone1: posts the ante 50______qronic: posts small blind 400poguemahone1: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to poguemahone1 [Ah 6h]Pupsta: folds SQUIRRELBONE: folds ______qronic: raises 800 to 1600poguemahone1: calls 800qronic was raising nearly every hand, so I had to play this hand, damn near re-raised, but wanted to play it out.*** FLOP *** [Th 2h Kd]______qronic: bets 5000poguemahone1: calls 5000I figured he had none of this flop and I shoulda moved in here, but I wanted to see at least 1 more card.*** TURN *** [Th 2h Kd] [As]______qronic: bets 5000poguemahone1: raises 11760 to 16760 and is all-in______qronic: calls 11760At this point I think I have the best hand, I mean, he raised preflop, how could he have an ace? lol *** RIVER *** [Th 2h Kd As] [5c]*** SHOW DOWN ***______qronic: shows [8d Ad] (a pair of Aces)poguemahone1: shows [Ah 6h] (a pair of Aces - lower kicker)Damn kicker! OK, so if a heart or a six comes, I'm fat. If a 9, T, J, Q, K or A comes we split. I still think I got it in with the best against a loose-aggressive player like qronic though. I had gotten lucky earlier with qronic with Q9 against AQ. He limped in, which should have been my first clue he was holding something good, and I moved in, he called and I caught a 9 on the river to double up.SQUIRRELBONE said, "gg"______qronic collected 46920 from pot______qronic said, "gg"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 46920 | Rake 0 Board [Th 2h Kd As 5c]Seat 3: Pupsta folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: SQUIRRELBONE (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: ______qronic (small blind) showed [8d Ad] and won (46920) with a pair of AcesSeat 6: poguemahone1 (big blind) showed [Ah 6h] and lost with a pair of Aces4th place, not bad for my second one, made 3rd in my first one last Sunday.My hat's off to you qronic, you were really playing great and if you're a woman, I apologize for the "he" references! Congrats to everyone who made the final table, especially you squirrelbone for the win! Great fun, I think I'm hooked on these damn Negreanu tournies. What's a junkie to do on Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat?

I went out early too, two huge bad hands.My KK went up against some dude with a hat that hat TT and hit his trips. Busted out when my JJ ran up 77 which also tripped.I then went and hit the limit tables and made back my money so I am happy again. Time for bed. Laterz

I still think I got it in with the best
Man, and here I was thinking that when you "get in with the best" it means that you had a better hand and went all in, whereas you were never ahead during any point of the hand. Guess you learn something new every day...
I still think I got it in with the best
Man, and here I was thinking that when you "get in with the best" it means that you had a better hand and went all in, whereas you were never ahead during any point of the hand. Guess you learn something new every day...
Yeah, I typed that wrong. You're absolutely right. I went all-in thinking I had the best of it, based on his play for the last half hour or so. Obviously he had me all the way, but not by much. Thanks for pointing that out though.*edit* After doing the math:On the flop I was a %45.15 favorite to his %34.14 and a %20.71 chance to tie.On the turn I was a %27.27 slight dog to his %31.82 and a %40.91 chance to tie.So, here's your chance to learn something today, murphy77

Actually poguemahone68 you were 55.5% to win on the flop because of your flush draw. Even the As on the turn only brought you down to 47.7% - still a virtual coinflip. That percentage combined with the fact that he had been stealing blinds by reraising every hand makes it a toss-up. Personally I think what set you up is the fact that you were very passive pre-flop and post-flop by just calling both times. The As on the turn effectively killed you because it kept you in a hand that was marginal at best. The one way you could have avoided going broke on the hand is either raise or fold. The flat call perplexes me because at best you are on a semi-bluff w/ your flush draw. If you had put him on a bluff, ideally you would have raised to $15,000. The all-in move at this point reeks of a bluff, but a re-raise for a good portion of your remianing chips sends out a message of strength - you're telling him you're willing to play out this hand all the way. On the other hand, if you actually think he's hit a legitimate hand on the flop you release the hand.

Actually poguemahone68 you were 55.5% to win on the flop because of your flush draw. Even the As on the turn only brought you down to 47.7% - still a virtual coinflip. That percentage combined with the fact that he had been stealing blinds by reraising every hand makes it a toss-up. Personally I think what set you up is the fact that you were very passive pre-flop and post-flop by just calling both times. The As on the turn effectively killed you because it kept you in a hand that was marginal at best. The one way you could have avoided going broke on the hand is either raise or fold. The flat call perplexes me because at best you are on a semi-bluff w/ your flush draw. If you had put him on a bluff, ideally you would have raised to $15,000. The all-in move at this point reeks of a bluff, but a re-raise for a good portion of your remianing chips sends out a message of strength - you're telling him you're willing to play out this hand all the way. On the other hand, if you actually think he's hit a legitimate hand on the flop you release the hand.
I didn't reraise preflop, because if I had and then he reraised again, I would have a harder time calling, especially if he moved all-in. I certainly wouldn't want to call an all-in for 23,410 in chips with an A6s. My thinking at the time was, ok, let's see a flop. The flop is where I think you are right about reraising a good p0rtion of my chips. I still wasn't willing to commit all my chips on that flush draw alone, so again, let's see another card. A comes on the turn and now I'm trapped, because neither one of us is going anywhere. I decided to just put him to the decision of calling all but 1970 of his chips (11,760 more), which he did with aces and an 8 kicker and not much hope for help on the river.Another mistake was tangling with the only guy at the table that could bust me. I've seen it so many times, yet I still do it. Unless you're the chip leader, it's bound to happen at some point. I have to give props to qronic, AKA, Gus Hansen, for making plays earlier that set me up in that hand.I've noticed that when I get down to 5 or so in a tourney that I take less time to make decisions than I do just outside or inside the bubble. I realize that this is when I should be thinking about my plays more, so that's something I'll be working on. Thanks for the response Naz.