• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I am thinking I need to go on this cruise. http://topchefthecruise.com/ Anyone want to go? I've never been on a cruise before. I'm not sure if I will like it or not. I'm thinking I will either love it or hate it. I love being on the water but not sure about being stuck on a boat, regardless of how big and luxurious it may be. Anyway, I love watching Top Chef. My weekly cooking get-together was inspired by the show. We used to watch it and have a psuedo cooking contest. Now we just get together and have good food and fun.

I love cruising, it is my favorite type of vacation. I will be going again in December. No problem being stuck on the boat, always plenty to do. BTW that's not a big ship by today's standards.Don't think I would go to Cozumel or anywhere else in Mexico right now.

I love cruising, it is my favorite type of vacation. I will be going again in December. No problem being stuck on the boat, always plenty to do. BTW that's not a big ship by today's standards.Don't think I would go to Cozumel or anywhere else in Mexico right now.
Looking at the expense of getting to Key West I think that if I do eventually go on a cruise, it wont be this one. And yes, Mexico is uber scary these days.

Princess does two and three day re-positioning cruises out of BC that would give you a good taste of what a longer cruise would be like.

Princess does two and three day re-positioning cruises out of BC that would give you a good taste of what a longer cruise would be like.
Do you have a link or advice for where to find deals on repositioning cruises?

Just go to Princess.com and search for the shorter cruises. They don't call them repositioning cruises but that's what all the short ones are.

Ho hum. Another boring day on the island. I am on day 7 of a 14 day stretch with no days off. I must say this does in fact suck. I had a 12 hour shift yesterday and will have a 10 hour shift today.In international news, the Kullick pulled out today and will slowly plod up to the Beaufort Sea to drill for black gold riches. I must say that Shell being here has been an economic boon for the city.I am thinking of making 3 rugs out of our dogs. Either that or I am going to get some doggie downers for them.

• Like 1

That's purty.Good afternoon folks, caught up. Been busy at work and poker. Went to the Stone on Saturday so Toni could finish third in the High Heels tourney in the E.S.H.C.Held my own at the cash table so it worked out well. Did my annual delivery of supplies to the New York State Fairgrounds earlier in the week affording me a stop at Dinosaur BBQ for lunch. Now we are enjoying a day off, getting ready to head up and play some ponies while Toni hits the slots. Have a great day folks, hasta la vista.

• Like 1

Time flies K, don't it?Good morning folks, caught up. Had a nice day yesterday, only lost six bucks on the nags. But since the buffet lunch only cost us two bucks, I'd say I made out on the deal. Broke even on the felt so I guess everything is peachy. Not sure what the plans are for this fine day, but the dog will need to go to the park for some exercise. And I can use the walk as well. Hope all is well on another summer Saturday for you folks.

Turns out my pit manager screwed up the rebid. When I looked at it, I noticed he gave one of my top choices to someone behind me in seniority.So he fixed it and my new schedule that starts next week is 10:45a-8:45a Wed-Thurs, 10:15a-8:15a Fri-Sat, off Sun, Mon, Tues.Still have to get up in the morning but not too bad. Tips should be a little better working Fri-Sat. Plus I'm pretty happy with Sun-Mon off for football season.
The best thing about my new position at work is Sunday's off. And straight mornings. With kids, it's a big deal.

The first cold of the school year hit me sooner than usual. Darn those germy kiddos! I have a bit of a temperature and everything.

I've always wanted to one of the cross-atlantic repositioning cruises when the companies move their ships from the mediterranian to the caribbean and vice-versa.
I looked at one of those too. I was thinking it sounded pretty cool but I may want to try a shorter cruise first to get my feet wet so to speak.
  • Like 1

Tonight is the last day of my 14 days in a row of work. I work a 12 hour shift. Depending on how you look at it I work tomorrow as well but only for 1 hour for a meeting. I look at it like this, if I have to come into work, even for an hour, then its not a day off. But after 14 days I'm willing to change this viewpoint so that I don't go insane. By the end of the month I will have worked on all but 3 out of 31 days. I am so ready for a vacation. The next 5 months are going to royally suck.