the search function

To all the new members who might not be aware that this function exists.....FCP has a "Search" function you can use to look and see if the topic you are about to start a thread on has been created before.....over the last couple of weeks there have been countless occurances of people starting threads about the exact same thing.....so here's a link that might help you out:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/f...orum-search.phpThis isn't meant as any kind of flame. Just wanted all the noobs to be aware that you are going to elicit some flames and negative comments when you start a thread about a subject that had a thread started about it 10 minutes previous. Other than that, welcome to the forum!

So, Since I am new, I am to understand that everytime anyone (not just me the new gal) wants to post something and start a new thread we are to run a search first to see if anything has already been posted in similar terms? Kinda like a patent or trademark search.So as to not tick off all you "vets" (people that have had nothing to do but suck up to DN for the last year, and get their post counts as high as possible so that they can be treated the exact same as anyone else when he opens his new site, haha) As I was saying, so as to not tick off all you vets we must no always runa a search first?Is this correct?Thank you "vets" for being the all knowing all being long term posters and setting all of us straight.

So, Since I am new, I am to understand that everytime anyone (not just me the new gal) wants to post something and start a new thread we are to run a search first to see if anything has already been posted in similar terms? Kinda like a patent or trademark search.So as to not tick off all you "vets" (people that have had nothing to do but suck up to DN for the last year, and get their post counts as high as possible so that they can be treated the exact same as anyone else when he opens his new site, haha) As I was saying, so as to not tick off all you vets we must no always runa a search first?Is this correct?Thank you "vets" for being the all knowing all being long term posters and setting all of us straight.
Haha, wow, got an agenda, do we? You need to relax there ...... was simply just trying to point it out to new posters in case they didn't realize that there was a Search function. The fact that I have been a member for 2 weeks or a year is irrelevant. Does it bother you that I have been a member here for a while? If so, I can't really see why....lighten up already.My original post asks what is the purpose of having 10-12 threads all on the same subject....it can clutter up the forum....the problem with this is what?
Why do I get the feeling this person is a long time lurker or maybe even someone with a signficant amount of posts signed up under a different name. :roll:

Thanks for posting this. Actually, I've tried many times using the "search box" in the upper left-hand corner of this forum page and every time no matter what I type (even a term like "poker"), I get a message "your topic could not be found" or some similar message.I didn't realize that there was actually a "search page" that was different.Why doesn't the search box at the top of all the pages work?

You should try Ron's toothbrush.