daniel's latest blog

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...rt_from=&ucat=&Does anyone else see the changes in poker since the internet? I have been playing for over 20 years (Started in the Navy) and played Nevada (Vegas/Tahoe/Reno) off and on since 87. The whole demeanor in the room has changed. I was just in Vegas for 5 days and you would see guys jump up and yell like they won the world series when they hit on the 2/4 table for $20!!!! There is a total lack of respect for the opponents at the table anymore. I managed to hit i really good table in vegas (5/10) and we were doing shots, conversing and having fun playing. Very amicable table that I thoroughly enjoyed. I understand some people are trying to make a living playing, and I respect that. But do you have to be a total jizzbag doing it? With the almost unlimited amount of players on the web, I can see it. But if you go to Vegas or a local card game and act like that, don't be surprised when somebody meets you out back and kicks the shit out of you.

Uhh, yeah but Daniel's post was so retarded I can't even comprehend it. Dreamclown, whom I have played in 100/200 before, did not want to flip cards for $5,000 and Daniel is upset about that. That's not disrespect, that is intelligent poker playing. He had 5 BB, in my opinion in limit HE it's an unwritten rule that you should not have to continue unless the person reloads to at least 12 bets.

hey mr jones how old are you. Ive played in columbus dayton and in cincinatti card rooms for years and to me and everyone i played with this is an unwritten rule too to give your opponents the respect they deserve.

sry about not putting this in my last post but mr jones had me mad. The respect part is that you give them the chance. You play with them and expect them to come back to take their money you give them the chance to win some back. obviously youre just a ruiner of poker players that donate to our poker pockets. people like you i cannot stand. i like taking money from fish. Dont you? ohh sry thats right you only take 10k and run or you could take a hundred grand if you give them the chance to donate and be nice.

Uhh, yeah but Daniel's post was so retarded I can't even comprehend it. Dreamclown, whom I have played in 100/200 before, did not want to flip cards for $5,000 and Daniel is upset about that. That's not disrespect, that is intelligent poker playing. He had 5 BB, in my opinion in limit HE it's an unwritten rule that you should not have to continue unless the person reloads to at least 12 bets.
He was attempting to reload.It's the same thing as sitting at a live table, waiting for the floor/chip runner to bring you more chips.Even if you lose five BB, you're going to have more than enough chance to get them back after said player reloads.And it is your opinion, not an unwritten rule.In fact, it's completely nonsensical.
Just a quick question...Do you find that it's directly related to age??How many of these "overenthusiastic players" are, say, over 30??
NONE!!! Not a single one was over 27. Most looked about 21 and an hour. Acted about 14.
Please refer to "Gambling 101 for Dreamclown and co." in the General Forum.
Please refer to "Gambling 101 for Dreamclown and co." in the General Forum.
OWNED by daniel.
did not want to flip cards for $5,000 and Daniel is upset about that. That's not disrespect, that is intelligent poker playing. He had 5 BB, in my opinion in limit HE it's an unwritten rule that you should not have to continue unless the person reloads to at least 12 bets.
ummm, i hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what he wanted to do, only for even more than 5K. poker is exactly that, flipping cards for money, wagering on the uncertain outcome of a random event. if dreamclown feels that his skill edge is limited when his opponent is shortstacked, then he obviously needs to work on his game. perhaps he doesnt realize that his shortstacked opponents' skill edge is also limited in the same way by his shortstack.
did not want to flip cards for $5,000 and Daniel is upset about that. That's not disrespect, that is intelligent poker playing. He had 5 BB, in my opinion in limit HE it's an unwritten rule that you should not have to continue unless the person reloads to at least 12 bets.
ummm, i hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what he wanted to do, only for even more than 5K. poker is exactly that, flipping cards for money, wagering on the uncertain outcome of a random event. if dreamclown feels that his skill edge is limited when his opponent is shortstacked, then he obviously needs to work on his game. perhaps he doesnt realize that his shortstacked opponents' skill edge is also limited in the same way by his shortstack.
i believe MrJones meant flipping coins, implying that with daniel having a short stack all the money would get in early, and then it would all come down to the luck of the draw with neither player getting to make any more decisions.