charter member's 10k freeroll...oh wait...5k

But most likely it will increase the number of players that can play....like one poster said he could not play one date but can on the other. So again less money to go around. In my head I'm like "Oh you can't make it? Tough luck pal... one less person to have to beat."
A summary of your post:mememememememeps: Good luck winning first

Wow Fenxis... great post...lost of good useful info. Honestly I'm not sure why you feel you have to be rude to me. But yeah when it comes to poker...it is about me! it's not a team sport...a smart player looks for games where he sees he has an advantage. Do you think other players are "looking out for you" when you are playing with them? No they are trying to smash your head against the curb and take all your money.Maybe you havent figured it out yet but unless you are on team FCP and make money based on how well the site does...I'm not sure what your point is. If you are asking if I'm a player that looks for the biggest and best deals...YES..I am. This is pretty much what most of the smart winning players do. Cardrooms just want you to play at their sites..if they could they would all jack up the rakes and give no promotions...but they can't because there is something called competition. Sites have to offer bonuses, freerolls, etc to attract players. They have to have good software, customer support, etc. If they don't do a combination of these thing well then people just won't play there. Of course they will always have a few poor fools that don’t know any better and will blindly just keep playing, unaware that there are better places to go.As far as FCP goes ..so far the jury is still out. Most people say the bonus isnt that great. Personally I don't think it's all that great either. All the promotional freerolls for charter members are pretty cool and will for sure keep me around a while. But I had accounts at like a dozen sites...the sites I play now are the best at giving me what I want.

I find myself agreeing with Marcstar's argument.The only reason I'm happy with the two freeroll dates is because it suits me. :club: If I were in his shoes, I'd support only the one freeroll date, too. (If it were the right freeroll date, I'd support that one, also.)Look, inherently, you absolutely have to be a little selfish to be a successful poker player. You have to demand that extra bet from the sucker trying to draw out on you. You have to push for that little bit of an extra edge, and sometimes, that makes you unscrupulous.Even when another player is being "generous" to you, it's only because either (A) they're a sucker, or (B) they see some value in it down the road.

The real complaint should be that in order to play these freerolls you have to first set up a real $ account and deposit on the site. So basically since I have no interest in throwing $ on a pokerroom skin i'm not eligible for them. Now how that makes sense is beyond me. I mean are charter members being given these promotional benefits because they have followed Dn's blog and posted on the forums or is it merely because these charter members have decided to play on a pokerroom skin and in turn make DN $.

Well said.  I understand the OP's point that the value/equity for players is now lower, but the bottom line is that they're still giving away ten grand.
Except that each tournament will have half the people. Bottom line is the same thing.
To FCP it is the same thing...they are giving away 10k. But to me I'm now playing in a tournament for only half the money. I don't care how many are playing...1st place will pay more in the 10k event than 5k event. So no, it's not the same. I understand your point about two tourneys and half the players etc. But most likely it will increase the number of players that can play....like one poster said he could not play one date but can on the other. So again less money to go around. In my head I'm like "Oh you can't make it? Tough luck pal... one less person to have to beat."Personally I think if they can't handle the volume they should have multi 10k freerolls. IF there are so many members that have deposited I think it would be worth FCP effort to reward the players with nice big promotional freeroll. I've played in 5k freerolls before (bodog has them once a month...1000 points to get in) but I've never played in a 10k freeroll and it looks like I won't be here either.
The thing is your equity will be the same. Its kind of like playing a 10$ buy in tourney with 500 people where the prizepool is 5k rather then playing a 10$ buy in tourney with 1000 people where the prizepool is 10k.

Markstar is right. And I think DN looks like a hypocrite after he complained about the TOC. Plus..............I guesse i'm arssed out as i'm barely setting up my account right now........................ missed it by a couple hours cause i had things to do (christmas and all). I thought charter members had special privledges and didn't know there was a deadline. I call bullshiiat and think DN should allow us more time to dump money on his skin.And.......... oh yea....................... Dreamclown is waiting with his 50k

I don't really think the change is a big deal but if you're certain you'll cash well in the event no matter the size of the field I'm not going to argue.Well, I'll note one thing. This is totally different than Hellmuth et all being added to the TOC. In that situation they didn't earn their spot, in this case all charter members did earn their spot.If it bothers you a lot, have a look at the second freeroll (the one on Dec. 31st). Even though it starts in the afternoon I'm thinking there will be far fewer people in it than the one on the 29th. Plus, the people who do register for the New Year's Eve freeroll are less likely to show up and more likely to randomly leave in the middle of the event.

The real complaint should be that in order to play these freerolls you have to first set up a real $ account and deposit on the site. So basically since I have no interest in throwing $ on a pokerroom skin i'm not eligible for them. Now how that makes sense is beyond me. I mean are charter members being given these promotional benefits because they have followed Dn's blog and posted on the forums or is it merely because these charter members have decided to play on a pokerroom skin and in turn make DN $.
Well I can understant this one. I mean they are rewarding charter members, who sign up for real money accts and deposit with a freeroll.It is a business afterall...it's a freeroll but it's not really totally free...you pretty much have to say yeah..I'll give FCP a shot. I don't think it's too much to ask...especially if you are already a real money player. If you are not playing online for money right now there are other sites out there where you can play small freerolls with no deposit. FCP...might be missing out not offering these for the total newbies (they might have then..I dont really know).
I don't really think the change is a big deal but if you're certain you'll cash well in the event no matter the size of the field I'm not going to argue.Well, I'll note one thing. This is totally different than Hellmuth et all being added to the TOC. In that situation they didn't earn their spot, in this case all charter members did earn their spot.If it bothers you a lot, have a look at the second freeroll (the one on Dec. 31st). Even though it starts in the afternoon I'm thinking there will be far fewer people in it than the one on the 29th. Plus, the people who do register for the New Year's Eve freeroll are less likely to show up and more likely to randomly leave in the middle of the event.
Well one is never certain of cashing and no one can ever be certain. I'm just saying there is a difference in equity...some might not understand it...I think I've already explained it well enough.But moving on...good point about playing in the one on the 31st...shhhh don't tell anyone else.