official album of the year thread

AWWWWWWW...did the newbie not like my opinion that most of today's music sucks....awwwwwwww.I have listened to more of it than you think. All of it?? No. A lot of it, probaboy so.
Haha, no; I have no problem if you like the music or not. I couldn't care less what tunes smoke your weiner.I just think it's ignorant to engage in an (admittedly) uninformed bashing of the discs if you ain't even spun'em. Spin'em a few times, then bash'em. That's the process.It would be me like saying, "The Chiefs are terrible, and Larry Johnson couldn't hold Chris Warren's jockstrap" without ever watching them play. Or maybe watching them once or twice. I don't like hiphop that much either, but there's always the occassional artist that strikes my fancy. Kanye's on that list, along with Madvillian, WuTang, Del, and Common. My vote goes for Clap Your Hands Say YeahWangWang
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AWWWWWWW...did the newbie not like my opinion that most of today's music sucks....awwwwwwww.I have listened to more of it than you think. All of it?? No. A lot of it, probaboy so.
Haha, no; I have no problem if you like the music or not. I couldn't care less what tunes smoke your weiner.I just think it's ignorant to engage in an (admittedly) uninformed bashing of the discs if you ain't even spun'em. Spin'em a few times, then bash'em. That's the process.It would be me like saying, "The Chiefs are terrible, and Larry Johnson couldn't hold Chris Warren's jockstrap" without ever watching them play. Or maybe watching them once or twice. I don't like hiphop that much either, but there's always the occassional artist that strikes my fancy. Kanye's on that list, along with Madvillian, WuTang, Del, and Common. My vote goes for Clap Your Hands Say YeahWangWang
WHO THE F*CK SAID I HAVEN'T "SPUN'EM" A FEW TIMES!??!? The thread is about today's music, I (unfortunately) hear a lot of today's music b/c of my roommates, and I don't like most of it. Thus, I say most of today's music sucks. SO THE F*CK WHAT!?!?!? I didn't personally insult you, so drop it hobo!!KOWBOYKOOP
WHO THE F*CK SAID I HAVEN'T "SPUN'EM" A FEW TIMES!??!? The thread is about today's music, I (unfortunately) hear a lot of today's music b/c of my roommates, and I don't like most of it. Thus, I say most of today's music sucks. SO THE F*CK WHAT!?!?!? I didn't personally insult you, so drop it hobo!!KOWBOYKOOP
Was it the Chiefs thing? Did you take that personally? It was the Chiefs thing, wasn't it? I knew it. Everyone from Missouri is very sensitive about the Chiefs. "I know you are, but what am I?!"Whatever, Francis.Wang
Was it the Chiefs thing? Did you take that personally? It was the Chiefs thing, wasn't it? I knew it. Everyone from Missouri is very sensitive about the Chiefs. "I know you are, but what am I?!"Whatever, Francis.Wang
I grew up in Missouri, and I could give a flying sh1t about the Chiefs.
My problem is people like you who say "you are a tool because you are saying that music sucks when you haven't even listened to it." HOW DO YOU KNOW I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT!?!? YOU DON'T KNOW ME. SEEMS KIND OF HYPOCRITICAL OF YOU TO COMMENT ON ME, SOMEONE WHO YOU HAVE NEVER MET......AND IF YOU THINK TYPING IN CAPS MEANS I AM "YELLING," THEN YOU, SIR, ARE SADLY MISTAKEN.
My problem is people like you who say "you are a tool because you are saying that music sucks when you haven't even listened to it." HOW DO YOU KNOW I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT!?!? YOU DON'T KNOW ME. SEEMS KIND OF HYPOCRITICAL OF YOU TO COMMENT ON ME, SOMEONE WHO YOU HAVE NEVER MET......AND IF YOU THINK TYPING IN CAPS MEANS I AM "YELLING," THEN YOU, SIR, ARE SADLY MISTAKEN.
1) I am a hypocrite, and I'm comfortable with it. Doesn't change the veracity of a single of my comments2) You admitted you hadn't listened to all of it, but "probably" listened to most of it. You don't even know. Which leads me to doubt your credibility... Then again, I'm a hypocrite, so I'm not the best person to comment on credibility problems, eh?3) I'm pretty sure when you hit that caps lock key, the voice in your head got louder. It means you're yelling. Cool it, hepcat. I read you loud and clear. 4) "The Jack" just started playing on my iTunes shuffle. You don't have to yell at me anymore.Wang
1) I am a hypocrite, and I'm comfortable with it. Doesn't change the veracity of a single of my commentsA. Okay, yeah, you are a hypocrite.......so.....yeah, real credible...2) You admitted you hadn't listened to all of it, but "probably" listened to most of it. You don't even know. Which leads me to doubt your credibility... Then again, I'm a hypocrite, so I'm not the best person to comment on credibility problems, eh?Well, I didn't go back and literally count every single band/artist previously mentioned in this thread, but I KNOW I have listened to many of them, so I just put the 'probably' qualifier in there b/c I don't know the exact percentage of the previously mentioned musicians I have listened to. Thus, I have listened to at least half of it, probably most of it.3) I'm pretty sure when you hit that caps lock key, the voice in your head got louder. It means you're yelling. Cool it, hepcat. I read you loud and clear. No, I just like to type in caps b/c it gets under the skin of people like you for NO REASON. Who the f*ck cares if someone types in caps or not!??!4) "The Jack" just started playing on my iTunes shuffle. You don't have to yell at me anymore. If the song "The Jack" you are referring to is the AC/DC song...then at least you aren't totally incompetent. If it isn't, well then it should be.Wang
All this because I said most of today's music sucks....if you wanna tell me exactly what music of today you like and why I am wrong, fine, go for it, but don't say something redonkulous like "derrr, you haven'g "spun" enough of them, you are a tool." or whatever...seriously people.

sweet, an album of the year thread where i'm sure i'm going to get blasted for my choices because all of one person on fcp is going to agree with my choices :D6) Audioslave - Out of Exile5) Theory of a Deadman - Gasoline4) Seether - Karma & Effect3) Nickelback - All The Right Reasons2) Trapt - Someone in Control1) Shinedown - Us and Themflame away biatches

sweet, an album of the year thread where i'm sure i'm going to get blasted for my choices because all of one person on fcp is going to agree with my choices :D6) Audioslave - Out of Exile5) Theory of a Deadman - Gasoline4) Seether - Karma & Effect3) Nickelback - All The Right Reasons2) Trapt - Someone in Control1) Shinedown - Us and Themflame away biatches
Audioslave sucks.Nickelback ULTRA-sucks.Trapt sucks.WHITE STRIPES OWN!!
i like maybe 3 white stripes songs, the rest just seem like they're trying to be weird for the sake of being weird.dead leaves and the dirty ground is a great song though.
i like maybe 3 white stripes songs, the rest just seem like they're trying to be weird for the sake of being weird.dead leaves and the dirty ground is a great song though.
YOU'RE WRONG!! just kidding, nothing wrong with different musical tastes.Dirty leaves and the dirty ground is one of my favorites.

1. The Berzerker - World of Lies2. Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked3. Opeth - Ghost Reveries4. Naglfar - Pariah5.Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor6. Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal7. Cryptopsy - Once Was Not8. Meshuggah - Catch 339.Hypocrisy - Virus10. Dark Tranquillity - Character

Nobody likes Hip Hop in this forum??
im listening to del the funky homospien becuase of the discussion i saw about it in a different thread i think. good stuff. i also listen to cannibal ox a lot, waiting for their next cd to come out. and i listened to atmosphere earlier today.
Hip Hop died a while ago, at least for the casual listener. If I were a huge hip hop fan I'm sure I'd be able to name a bunch of talented current rappers, but I'm not, and outside of a few talented individuals I can't think of many hip hop artists I'd listen to over elevator music today.
im listening to del the funky homospien becuase of the discussion i saw about it in a different thread i think. good stuff. i also listen to cannibal ox a lot, waiting for their next cd to come out. and i listened to atmosphere earlier today.
"The plan is planned into everyone of my thousand robotsWe will not hesitateWe will destroy the homosapiensPlease, stay where you areI wanna develop a supervirusBetter by far then that old y 2 kThis 3030 the time of global unification break right through theyterminals, burn em allSlaves to siliconCurupt politicians with leaders and thier keywordsF.B.I and spies stealin bombsDecipitate thier plans in thier face and catch the feverEverybody loot the stores get your caned goodsEven space stations are having a hard timeBeast keeepers seek to take our manhoodWhich results in the form of global aparthied"Del. I didn't know people still listened to Del. You a Kool Keith fan? Listen to Octagonecologyst by Dr. Octago, AKA, Kool Keith. It's stellar. One of my favorite albums of the 1990s, and I'm not even a big hiphop fan.WangWang
Shinedown. HahahhahahahahahahhhhhhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaThat is all.
yes, shinedowncheck out their stripped performance: http://www.98rock.com/cc-common/stripped/shinedown/and try to tell me that they're not one of the most musically talented bands out there. amazing voice, great lyrics, etc...
I listened...and it wasn't the worst thing I ever heard...but it wasn't that great either.
Shinedown. HahahhahahahahahahhhhhhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaThat is all.
yes, shinedowncheck out their stripped performance: http://www.98rock.com/cc-common/stripped/shinedown/and try to tell me that they're not one of the most musically talented bands out there. amazing voice, great lyrics, etc...
I listened...and it wasn't the worst thing I ever heard...but it wasn't that great either.
theres more than one song on there :club: