these are the hands .........

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxMP2 ($9.80)MP3 ($10.10)Hero ($10)Button ($30.55)SB ($12)BB ($9.80)UTG ($16.30)UTG+1 ($12.05)UTG+2 ($10.60)MP1 ($6.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club:, K:spade:. Hero posts a blind of $0.10. SB posts a blind of $0.05. UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) 6:heart:, 8:diamond:, T:heart: (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.Turn: ($2) 2:club:(2 players)[/color]SB checks, Hero .......These are the hands that i'm not sure what to do next,especially if i'm out of position.This hand is just a rough example, I have top pair good kicker, but scary board, very draw friendly , my question is should I fire a pot size bet here and make sb pay for his draw? seeing that he didnt c/r me and didnt bet the turn should I think i'm good?I find hands like these very hard to play out of position, any advice on this??

Fire out a pot-sized bet.There's a good probability you're ahead: There was not aggression pre-flop No one raised you on the flop... they just called. Checked to you on turn.Note there are both straight draws and flush draws on the flop, so it's not surprising that people are calling (lots of draws...) MAKE THEM PAY to catch up.Sure, some one could be slow-playing a made straight... props to them for playing 79, but they would most likely make it known on the flop with the flush draw out there. A similar argument holds for any top pair/over pair/ two pair/ set... With all those draw possibilities on the flop, these hands would make themselves known on the flop with their raise.You have the best hand, make them pay to draw...Cheers,Merby

Fire out a pot-sized bet.There's a good probability you're ahead: There was not aggression pre-flop No one raised you on the flop... they just called. Checked to you on turn.Note there are both straight draws and flush draws on the flop, so it's not surprising that people are calling (lots of draws...) MAKE THEM PAY to catch up.Sure, some one could be slow-playing a made straight... props to them for playing 79, but they would most likely make it known on the flop with the flush draw out there. A similar argument holds for any top pair/over pair/ two pair/ set... With all those draw possibilities on the flop, these hands would make themselves known on the flop with their raise.You have the best hand, make them pay to draw...Cheers,Merby
Thats what i thought too, I bet 2$ and he folded,was a little easier because i had position and he didnt show any strenght.Now lets say I was out of position and betting into 1 player, should I still make the pot size bet? and if so probably fold to a raise? I had no reads here so whats the best line?I always find these hands difficult to play out of position.

IF you're out of position, you must still lead out on the turn (you can't slow-play your pair of tens, K kicker: too vulnerable -- the turn is a perfect 'brick' as far as you are concerned).If you get raised: Now, we start getting into read territory: who is your opponent, what hands does he play, is he aggressive or passive. Also, what is your table image (maniac, solid, TAG, LAG, etc.)If I have no read on the villian, then we have to go by the other facts. By the turn, with your bet, you will have already committed 30% of your stack. You have top pair, and if he raised you all-in the pot is laying you just shy of 3 to 2 odds. I think an argument can be made for both calling/pushing all-in and for folding: 1) If you fold here, expect to get more action (people see that they can push you off hands.) Play TAG for a while, and if you commit past the flop, be prepared to go all the way with your hand. This hand sets you up to pick off some bluffs. 2) If you push and there is no showdown (only possible if he does not put you all-in with his raise), once again I recommend playing TAG (your image is aggressive, so some one will eventually look you up). 3) If take this to showdown (win OR lose), I recommend playing looser and aggressive. Opponents see that they will not push you off a hand, so they will not play back unless they have a hand. Now you can be aggressive with more hands, if some one plays back at you, fold unless you have a real hand (only you know that you plan to fold to an opponent's aggression, your opponents will expect you to call...)I will personally push/call all-in, because I love playing at a table with table image #3 and I have already committed 30% of my stack. I should point out, if the stacks are even slightly deeper, my recommendation would rapidly change to fold! Top pair is not a hand to risk your entire stack on a board like that (say, if you've only committed 20% of your stack or less, wait for a better oppertunity).Cheers,Merby

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxMP2 ($9.80)MP3 ($10.10)Hero ($10)Button ($30.55)SB ($12)BB ($9.80)UTG ($16.30)UTG+1 ($12.05)UTG+2 ($10.60)MP1 ($6.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club:, K:spade:. Hero posts a blind of $0.10. SB posts a blind of $0.05. UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) 6:heart:, 8:diamond:, T:heart: (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.Turn: ($2) 2:club:(2 players)[/color]SB checks, Hero .......These are the hands that i'm not sure what to do next,especially if i'm out of position.This hand is just a rough example, I have top pair good kicker, but scary board, very draw friendly , my question is should I fire a pot size bet here and make sb pay for his draw? seeing that he didnt c/r me and didnt bet the turn should I think i'm good?I find hands like these very hard to play out of position, any advice on this??
Haven't read replies yet, but..Lead out on the turn.3/4 to a full pot sized bet will likely take this down.The board was draw heavy, and, I'm just guessing that deuce didn't help his hand a whole lot. Your hand is mediocre, but, it's probably the best one--right now.

Haven't read replies.These are the times when making pot-sized bets suck. Fish with goofy hands just see it as a $.75 flop call to have a shot at your stack.My plan for this is bet $2 on the flop, folding to a check/raise, and with the intention of checking any turn.If we're multiway on the turn, I'm in a hurry to check/fold.If I'm heads up with someone, in or out of position, I'm checking the turn still and trying to get to showdown.

TJ...why do you recommend betting $2 on the flop into a .5 pot? Is it to gain information?The hero bet .75 into a .50 flop...I realize this is micro limit but why the big over bet suggestion?I think the flop bet is a fine and I bet the turn again and probably fold to a re-raise (read dependent). Villian could easily have J10, Q10 or be on straight or flush draws.Almost always make them pay for their draws.

TJ...why do you recommend betting $2 on the flop into a .5 pot? Is it to gain information?The hero bet .75 into a .50 flop...I realize this is micro limit but why the big over bet suggestion?I think the flop bet is a fine and I bet the turn again and probably fold to a re-raise (read dependent). Villian could easily have J10, Q10 or be on straight or flush draws.Almost always make them pay for their draws.
yeah really, why would I bet so much to win so little? The biggest prob for me is these kinds of hands when i'm out of position and villian smooth calls, then i'm not quite sure what the turn play should be.Let's say I bet the turn (out of po) and player smooth calls? should I fire again on the river if a blank falls?

I'm re-reading it and trying to come up with a good answer and I really can't.That's probably what I'd do, but I like doing that kind of thing for image purposes.The thinking behind it is:1) weak pair + gutshots should DEFINITELY fold2) if I'm called, I can slow down a ton, and now I have fold equity for later3) $2 is a lot relative to the pot now, but not a lot relative to everyone's stacks now.I try to look like I spew all the time, so that when I get hands they're in trouble. The best way to beat that is to spew back at me, and if someone wants to play back on me at that board they can have the $2, ya know?Incidentally, I hate playing with less than 100 big blinds.

Let's say I bet the turn (out of po) and player smooth calls? should I fire again on the river if a blank falls?
That's why I'm checking any turn, even kings and tens.If he checks through, a little flop goofiness let me see a free river with top pair OOP. Then value-reads start coming into it, hopefully.And next time I overbet against that guy, things get really fun.
I'm re-reading it and trying to come up with a good answer and I really can't.That's probably what I'd do, but I like doing that kind of thing for image purposes.The thinking behind it is:1) weak pair + gutshots should DEFINITELY fold2) if I'm called, I can slow down a ton, and now I have fold equity for later3) $2 is a lot relative to the pot now, but not a lot relative to everyone's stacks now.I try to look like I spew all the time, so that when I get hands they're in trouble. The best way to beat that is to spew back at me, and if someone wants to play back on me at that board they can have the $2, ya know?Incidentally, I hate playing with less than 100 big blinds.
So....are you saying to either win pot on the flop and basically give up if raised?It's a .50cent pot , I cant see why I would bet 2$ with a marginal hand into a small pot.Also, either i'm not understanding you, or I calculate BB is .10c X 100 is 10$????
This cannot be a serious question. But, if it is do yourself a favor go out and buy Hold'em Poker for Dummies.-GeneralKong
This cannot be a serious reply. But if is do yourself a favor go out and buy a little bit of class, Mr. Brunson.
Rude, maybe, but dead-on-balls accurate.Let me see if I understand this situation being discussed.In or out of position, you have top pair decent kicker on a board that has draws, none of which have hit yet. And after leading on the flop and getting one caller, you don't know if you should bet when the brick hits the turn?Then we have someone else on here saying that with top pair, they are going to bet 4x the pot, hoping to God they take it down with top pair, and if they get called, check/folding to anything???Can I agree with GeneralKong anymore than I already do with his classless but correct assessment?P.S. Pot sized bet here IMO. If he wants to draw, make him pay, if he's also not sure if his pair is good, he'll call here. If you get raised, you can probably fold unless you have a decent understanding of the player (ie, he is aggressive and maybe semibluffing his draw, so just calling here can be ok to see the river).

I disagree. I've got class, I've got class coming out my ass. Whoever wants to challenge me I say to them "Sir, Fisticuffs in the alley on the asap". Honestly though you just asked the repeating queston...How do I complete a simple hand of poker without part of my brain leaking out of my ear by overthinking. Why continuously ask this question when the answer is right in front of you, Kill yourself. Or you could take the easy way out and quit poker.-GeneralKong

i consider myself the world's leading expert on .05/.10 NLHE. just kidding. but definately bet out here. no doubt in my mind that he definately has a worse hand than you (most likely a straight draw. maybe 1 pair. bet3/4 of the pot make him get bad odds than he will call. if he hits on the river he will most likely make a big bet but this bet is never a bluff. of you checkm he might be compelled to make a big be tbluffing at the river and you dont want that. to help define his hand, you must bet.
This cannot be a serious question. But, if it is do yourself a favor go out and buy Hold'em Poker for Dummies.-GeneralKong
In case you have'nt noticed, the reason that people post hands and ask questions is because we're trying to improve our game.I basically play LHE, and i'm trying to learn NLHE, thus the reason for the question.I always have problems with hands like these and I wanted feedback from NL player's.The only thing you cotributed was an insult, if you had any amount of brains you would see that this is Micro NL, If I knew how to play like the pro's I wouldnt ask people for advice. After all I must be real stupid to post a NL hand in a poker forum.You sir are an idiot and a azzhole!
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxMP2 ($9.80)MP3 ($10.10)Hero ($10)Button ($30.55)SB ($12)BB ($9.80)UTG ($16.30)UTG+1 ($12.05)UTG+2 ($10.60)MP1 ($6.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club:, K:spade:. Hero posts a blind of $0.10. SB posts a blind of $0.05. UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) 6:heart:, 8:diamond:, T:heart: (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.Turn: ($2) 2:club:(2 players)[/color]Thanx, that's basically what I was thinking but wasnt sure. :wink: SB checks, Hero .......These are the hands that i'm not sure what to do next,especially if i'm out of position.This hand is just a rough example, I have top pair good kicker, but scary board, very draw friendly , my question is should I fire a pot size bet here and make sb pay for his draw? seeing that he didnt c/r me and didnt bet the turn should I think i'm good?I find hands like these very hard to play out of position, any advice on this??
i consider myself the world's leading expert on .05/.10 NLHE. just kidding. but definately bet out here. no doubt in my mind that he definately has a worse hand than you (most likely a straight draw. maybe 1 pair. bet3/4 of the pot make him get bad odds than he will call. if he hits on the river he will most likely make a big bet but this bet is never a bluff. of you checkm he might be compelled to make a big be tbluffing at the river and you dont want that. to help define his hand, you must bet.

if you wnated to get fancy...Check here on the turn to try and induce a bluff. It will look to ur opponent that ur drawing, and when a blank falls on the river, theres a good chance he'll take a stab, hoping u were on a draw. u call here, and take down a better size pot. wouldnt do this alot, bet 3/4 pot most the time, but if u need to change it up its not a bad play to make if u can pull it off.