fcp golf/poker tourney february in vegas

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. Vegas local here, so I can scout some places if need be. Just need dates, times, approx. number of peeps, etc...15 Handicapper - hit the censored out of the ball off the tee, but a wedge to me is like the mute button on Matusow's mouth - I act like I've never seen or heard of it before!Good thing for all involved, the only thing worse than my golf game is my poker skills - toiling around the $5 nlhe sng's and $.50/$1 lhe games on pokerstars. My great big bankroll has jumped from $50 to $120 in a mere 15 months!I just know I'm gonna break 80 and win a bracelet sometime...The Good Doctor

From DNA's blog"
I booked my trip to Las Vegas today. About a dozen of the FCPHA are going to Las Vegas from February 16th - February 19th. I have been waiting on a good flight special and today it hit, $99 each way non stop so $217 after the taxes and fees and then Binions has a great poker rate and I am able to stay there for $135 total for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night after putting in some play so taking out $350.I'll get into Vegas around 9:30 AM on Thursday the 16th and leave Vegas around 6:55 PM on Sunday the 19th.
errr what he said, ill be in vegas feb 16th - 19th, i suck at golf, but am not opposed to trying to smack a little white ball around while drinking beer and driving a motorized cart, sounds fun.
Every golf tournament I've ever participated in has always allowed me to be the beer bitch. You get to drive the cart and bring beer to all those who actually know how to hit that little white ball. Can we be co-beer bitches, DNA?
You are the official Beer Bit.ch, you may choose a Co Beer Bit.ch if you would like also.

I wish they would sticky this...I hope Daniel decides to play, but if he doesnt see this he wont know about it. Anyone who lives in Vegas can grab the bull by the horns concerning courses and prices ( I live in Miami). I assume we will have 20 players for golf, I would assume more for poker. MGM sounds great for the poker!

I wish they would sticky this...I hope Daniel decides to play, but if he doesnt see this he wont know about it. Anyone who lives in Vegas can grab the bull by the horns concerning courses and prices ( I live in Miami). I assume we will have 20 players for golf, I would assume more for poker. MGM sounds great for the poker!
i don't live in Vegas anymore, but i did a few years ago. they RIG the prices on the course for the tourists. a $65 course in California(which is higher than most other places) runs about $100-$150 for tourists. if this is okay i will look for the best value, but look to spend $100+ for golf if you're from out of town. hopefully we can get a good rate with 20+.

Nice to see this still alive and kicking. I'm in, pending the details and cost.Not sure why FCP admin hasn't sticky'd this yet. Maybe they fear they will have to get officially involved setting it up if they do?Until then...BUMP.Best...

redrock.gifmay i suggest Red Rock CC in Summerlin?
hey guys. i just got off the phone with Red Rock CC and they gave me some numbers. the tourist rate is $189/player. i told him we would have a group of around 20 or so. the rate he quoted me was $129/player for the group rate. it sounds a little steep but it's actually a good deal for Vegas that time of year. we would let them know how many players are guaranteed 30 days prior to the play date then a final guarantee 15 days prior to the date itself. the deposit would be 10% at the 30 day mark and i would have to sign a contract which is fine if everyone is 100% ready to roll. let me know if this sounds good. i'll check a few more courses early next week because i'm leaving for Vegas and New Years. Let me know how this sounds.
hey guys. i just got off the phone with Red Rock CC and they gave me some numbers. the tourist rate is $189/player. i told him we would have a group of around 20 or so. the rate he quoted me was $129/player for the group rate. it sounds a little steep but it's actuall a good deal for Vegas that time of year. we would let them know how many player are guaranteed 30 days prior to the play date then a final guarantee 15 days prior to the date itself. the deposit would be 10% at the 30 day mark and i would have to sign a contract which is fine if everyone is 100% ready to roll. let me know if this sounds good. i'll check a few more courses early next week because i'm leaving for Vegas and New Years. Let me know how this sounds.
I would rather pay $100 into a FCP poker tourny or buy like ten 12 packs of Heineken with my $129
hey guys. i just got off the phone with Red Rock CC and they gave me some numbers. the tourist rate is $189/player. i told him we would have a group of around 20 or so. the rate he quoted me was $129/player for the group rate. it sounds a little steep but it's actuall a good deal for Vegas that time of year. we would let them know how many player are guaranteed 30 days prior to the play date then a final guarantee 15 days prior to the date itself. the deposit would be 10% at the 30 day mark and i would have to sign a contract which is fine if everyone is 100% ready to roll. let me know if this sounds good. i'll check a few more courses early next week because i'm leaving for Vegas and New Years. Let me know how this sounds.
I would rather pay $100 into a FCP poker tourny or buy like ten 12 packs of Heineken with my $129
I know it's not Red Rock C. C., but I'm a member at Silverstone G. C. I just called to get some pricing. I'll post when I get some more info.Is anyone keeping a list of who's in? And can we get this thread stickied?
hey guys. i just got off the phone with Red Rock CC and they gave me some numbers. the tourist rate is $189/player. i told him we would have a group of around 20 or so. the rate he quoted me was $129/player for the group rate. it sounds a little steep but it's actually a good deal for Vegas that time of year. we would let them know how many players are guaranteed 30 days prior to the play date then a final guarantee 15 days prior to the date itself. the deposit would be 10% at the 30 day mark and i would have to sign a contract which is fine if everyone is 100% ready to roll. let me know if this sounds good. i'll check a few more courses early next week because i'm leaving for Vegas and New Years. Let me know how this sounds.
Looks like green grass airbrushed into a landfill.....Have you checked Rhodes Ranch?
Looks like green grass airbrushed into a landfill.....Have you checked Rhodes Ranch?
that's the setup at most places in Vegas. it is desert.
that's the setup at most places in Vegas. it is desert.
lol
it's okay dna. you and renaedawn are the designated beer bitches. there is no charge for passing out the beer from a golf cart i believe. hopefully poker dealer comes through with the MGM private tourney. 100+? sounds good to me.

Ok...I called Silverstone - http://www.silverstonegolfclub.comHere are the rates for a group of 20 in mid-February with my membership card:Weekday: $45 for local foursome, $75 non-residentWeekend: $60 for local foursome, $90 non-residentThis is golf only. If we want some food and beverages thrown in (something for our beer censoreds to deliver to us) we can figure that price out after we set the field.Or, we could just play poker and drink Heineken as dna4ever suggested.Let me know if I can help in any other arrangements.

Ok...I called Silverstone - http://www.silverstonegolfclub.comHere are the rates for a group of 20 in mid-February with my membership card:Weekday: $45 for local foursome, $75 non-residentWeekend: $60 for local foursome, $90 non-residentThis is golf only. If we want some food and beverages thrown in (something for our beer censoreds to deliver to us) we can figure that price out after we set the field.Or, we could just play poker and drink Heineken as dna4ever suggested.Let me know if I can help in any other arrangements.
This is about as doable as it gets. I too am for putting the bulk of what I spend into a buy in for a tournament.

Thanks everyone for chipping in and helping with the golf part. I would like to keep it inexpensive for golf so we get more players. Maybe Daniel will chip in and hopefully play!