suited versus unsuited paint

I was just curious for people's feelings about how much higher they rank hands like KJ if they are suited versus not suited. In what situations do you throw away unsuited but keep suited? For me its mostly a factor of number of players in the pot for flush odds, but I'm curious as to how other people look at it...Ray

Abdullian logic says that in loose passive (no fold'em) limit games, big unsuited connectors (besides AK, AQ) are not worth anything because they could be dominated, but big suited connectors can be near nut hands and take down monster pots in those sort of games.

It depends how many people normally see pots. If you have 10 players seeing pots, with a random hand you'll have 10% pot equity. Nut suitedness (like Axs or Kxs) gives you about a 3% to win with a flush. This increases your equity by a relatively huge margin (almost a third). However, if you're heads up, adding 3% to 50% is very minor.

It depends how many people normally see pots. If you have 10 players seeing pots, with a random hand you'll have 10% pot equity. Nut suitedness (like Axs or Kxs) gives you about a 3% to win with a flush. This increases your equity by a relatively huge margin (almost a third). However, if you're heads up, adding 3% to 50% is very minor.
This is why you might want to dump KTs from EP but play it from the Button when 5 have already limped into the pot. And about a brazillion other examples.see SSHE
suited hands have more value in limit games, full tables too. Stay away in Nl games, usually the "death" of many players.
I agree with this but I think you need to explain why...because you can draw cheaply in Limit.... and for the opposite reasons in NL you can play more lil pocket pairs

Disagree with the above post, suited connectors play very well in NL, especially with multiple players to a flop.High implied odds and easy to fold when they don't hit. Just regurgitating from SSH but over my last 40k hands, I would agree with Doyle's theory.