i just came across a great quote from caro

im not too sure when he said it. i saw it in a recent pokernews.com article."I want you to play as perfectly as you can, every hand, every decision. You need to think only about making good decisions, hand after hand, session after session. Winning isn't your job, making good decisions is your job. Your lifetime profit will be the sum of your good decisions minus the sum of your bad decisions, and the truth doesn't change whether those decisions are made while you are in the middle of a winning session or a losing one." any opinions? anyone care to disagree?

you mean yall dont make perfect decisions everytime? geez why are u here giving advice then? haha
we wouldnt come here to post if we made correct decisions all the time haha. but really, the quote especially lends itself to the rule of not posting results, since real success should be measured in correct decisions made, not wins or losses.
im not too sure when he said it. i saw it in a recent pokernews.com article."I want you to play as perfectly as you can, every hand, every decision. You need to think only about making good decisions, hand after hand, session after session. Winning isn't your job, making good decisions is your job. Your lifetime profit will be the sum of your good decisions minus the sum of your bad decisions, and the truth doesn't change whether those decisions are made while you are in the middle of a winning session or a losing one." any opinions? anyone care to disagree?
It's a good quote, but his dvd's put me to sleep. I can just imagine him taking 10 minutes to say these few lines.

I think it's a brilliant quote. People often forget that poker is about making the correct decisions. Not short term profits. Daniel wrote a great article once called "Play hours not results". Similar idea to what Caro was talking about. Many people do find it hard to focus on making the correct play, as opposed to, how much am I winning or losing.In the end, if you play within your means, and if you do make the correct decisions. Your bankroll will reward you.

I think it's a brilliant quote. People often forget that poker is about making the correct decisions. Not short term profits. Daniel wrote a great article once called "Play hours not results". Similar idea to what Caro was talking about. Many people do find it hard to focus on making the correct play, as opposed to, how much am I winning or losing.In the end, if you play within your means, and if you do make the correct decisions. Your bankroll will reward you.
Well said!

I play by that quote as much as possible. For instance, I chose to play a player in 2 heads up matches a few nights ago. Even though I lost both games, I was very pleased by the way I played because I made alot of good decisions. I picked off alot of his bluffs, I bluffed him and I always had the best hand when I decided to go all in or he decided to go all in. Sometimes it's just the luck of the cards and there is nothing more to it. I remeber one hand where I went all in and he called. I flipped over A9 and he flipped over A7 - I dominated him. The flop came and gave him a 7 to take down the pot. There was nothing at all I could do there, I made the right decision and the rest was out of my hands. -HoldemPokerPlyr

Ill be honest with you guys, I do the exact opposit. I mean, i try to make the best possible decisions everytime but, I always take the results into consideration... That leads to my biggest weakness: Tilting!!! yep, tilting is the direct result of looking at the results and not at the decision you made...Honestly, how can you stay in control when in the same nigth, 3 sets, 2 straigths, 2 KK and AA got all outdrawn while you were min 70-30 favorite? What comes in my mind is: well it will take a lot of time to make all this money back... AND I MADE THE RIGTH DECISION!!!!! What will it be when ill make poor decisions LOL...but i always end up over during long period of time... So I guess good decision pays in the end... Thats why a computer would do so great in poker if he could read the players... He would always take his decisions based on the good play and not with his feelings...Feelings and poker... just like friendship and love... NOT a good mix