is low limit really that easy

What's up all...I just played my first limit Omaha session last night at a $.5-$1 table on Party. I was basically doing it just to mix things up, but it turned out to be ridiculously easy. I know the basics only (based more on hold-em based intuition and some tv/home game experience), but was able to crush this table. I know it's not because I'm especially good.Anyways, it was at 1:00 this morning, so maybe it was so loose because of the time and day. There was at least 6 to every flop, usually 8. Only me and one other would ever raise preflop, and there would still be calls all around the table. On all streets there were plenty of calling stations and there were hardly ever raises or 3-bets on ANY street unless it was by me or the one other player. I ended up tripling my buyin in a relatively short amount of time due to getting huge pots for my big hands.Is this normal for low limit? If so, when does the skill level get to somewhere decent...if not, what could I normally expect? Thanks.

Low limit OM on party is beautifully simple.I play mostly the PL $25 or $50, and can win consistently. The biggest rule I've seen is when you hit your hand, make sure you have redraws to a better hand. With so many people seeing flops, if you're playing limit, you need to make sure your hand CAN get better, or be careful of scare cards hitting. ex, if you have the straight, beware of the flush or full house (with the board pairing).If you are patient, and basically start with great drawing hands, you'll be fine. Big pairs usually lose equity with so many people in the pot. Stay loose preflop, and tight postflop= recipe for low limit OM success.Good luck and maybe I'll see you there.K-

Low limit OM on party is beautifully simple.I play mostly the PL $25 or $50, and can win consistently. The biggest rule I've seen is when you hit your hand, make sure you have redraws to a better hand. With so many people seeing flops, if you're playing limit, you need to make sure your hand CAN get better, or be careful of scare cards hitting. ex, if you have the straight, beware of the flush or full house (with the board pairing).If you are patient, and basically start with great drawing hands, you'll be fine. Big pairs usually lose equity with so many people in the pot. Stay loose preflop, and tight postflop= recipe for low limit OM success.Good luck and maybe I'll see you there.K-
Thanks.

I play .25/.50 limit on Pokerroom, and generally your experience was standard. Finding a full table with a flop percentage under 70% is rare. there are a few more aggro players there, you'll find tables with average pots at 16-18 BB pretty regularly. It's kept me afloat for the last 6 months or so.

If u build a roll playing $25 / $50 PLO, plz plz plz come and donate it @ at the $100 and $200 games on party, thank-you.Our games are drying up a little lately...best table v%ip i can get lately is only 42% :cry:
Seeing as how this is a strat thread, I would like to hear your critique of a very basic strategy at low limits, as opposed to, WOW this guy sucks, come give me your money.Thanks in advance.
keeper...what's your handle?
What site, and why?
party just cuz
Again...seeing as how this is a strat thread, I would like to hear your critique of a very basic strategy at low limits, as opposed to, WOW this guy sucks, come give me your money.Thanks in advance.P.S. Ian, I have read some of your posts and like your advice, looking to fill the leaks.
What site, and why?
party just cuz
Again...seeing as how this is a strat thread, I would like to hear your critique of a very basic strategy at low limits, as opposed to, WOW this guy sucks, come give me your money.Thanks in advance.
hey man i was just wondering. forget about it. you got the wrong idea
What site, and why?
party just cuz
Again...seeing as how this is a strat thread, I would like to hear your critique of a very basic strategy at low limits, as opposed to, WOW this guy sucks, come give me your money.Thanks in advance.
hey man i was just wondering. forget about it. you got the wrong idea
Gotcha, think you know me?
Seeing as how this is a strat thread, I would like to hear your critique of a very basic strategy at low limits, as opposed to, WOW this guy sucks, come give me your money.Thanks in advance.
search my handle and read all of my posts on fcp, 50 of them are all strat based...and the other 20 consist of me taking the p.iss out of posters who post random threads in the strat. section that usually start like "hey, just played _____ for the 1st time, made alot of bling bling, is this normal?"If ppl really want to improve their game, they'll usually make a post where constructive criticism is warranted...such as a hand they had trouble with or a particular play they saw on the felt...sorry in advance.

Good article, thanks. that's actually what I thought I meant by playing loose preflop is drawing hands, my bad.Also, I was referring to better redraws, because I have won a few hands, and lost a few where I flop two-pair, but don't have a straight or flush draw, and can't count on filling up. The river usually brings some kind of draw, again flush or straight. What about with 3 pair? Set vs. straight or flush draw.Any basic thoughts there? Push or check call?Thanks again.P.S. I DO realize that these situations warrant a "it depends" but normally I have found a way to give a basic, if all conditions are equal and NORMAL, I would.... (insert good strat answer here)

What's up all...I just played my first limit Omaha session last night at a $.5-$1 table on Party. I was basically doing it just to mix things up, but it turned out to be ridiculously easy. I know the basics only (based more on hold-em based intuition and some tv/home game experience), but was able to crush this table. I know it's not because I'm especially good.Anyways, it was at 1:00 this morning, so maybe it was so loose because of the time and day. There was at least 6 to every flop, usually 8. Only me and one other would ever raise preflop, and there would still be calls all around the table. On all streets there were plenty of calling stations and there were hardly ever raises or 3-bets on ANY street unless it was by me or the one other player. I ended up tripling my buyin in a relatively short amount of time due to getting huge pots for my big hands.Is this normal for low limit? If so, when does the skill level get to somewhere decent...if not, what could I normally expect? Thanks.
low limit= +EV