another nl hand i need help with

I am preatty new to NL cash games and need some help with this hand. The table is playing preatty passive with alot of limbing and calling raises. I get delt AK of hearts on the button and raise it up after a couple limbers, they call along with the big blind Flop comes 8 10 J with two hearts. Not a terrible flop for my hand but to my suprise the big blind leads into me half the pot. I decide just to call and see what the turn brings. 7 on the turn bring a possible straight to the board and it gets checked to me. I take the free card trying to make my hand cheap. A 10 of hearts on the river making my flush but pairing the board. Now the big blind bets about 3/4 of the pot whats my play. Do I a)raise fiquring he has the straight, some sort of two pair or lower flushb)just call being scard of the paired board c)Fold i quess sorry about the long post but i seem to be having trouble with value betting my hands or knowing when to just call

A couple of things, first1) Give us stack sizes for relevant players2) Give us blind sizes/stakes3) Give us (at least rough estimates of) pot sizes4) Give us any specific reads you have on relevant playersDone with lectureAre we heads up after the BB bets the flop? If I'm you, I'm popping this flop. You've got a trillion outs against most hands. You can get allin here against a set and be in pretty good shape, drawing to 13 outs twice. Against AJ, you've got 17 outs twice. Etc, etc.You need to pump this pot up. Raising this flop means you can do anything you want on the turn. If I'm you, I'm making a pretty health reraise on this flop. We're killing him, probably, but we're still drawing a little. If a really ugly card comes on the turn, we can keep the pressure on or check and take the free card (again, depending on various factors enumerated 1-4 above).It's tough to put this gut on a set/TJ, so I'd probably raise this river, and figure him to call with lots of hands. The turn/check screams of weakness. The 8 seemed to scare him a bit, but you emboldened him to bet the river because of your check/back on the previous street. Ice

All right, given the board (4 to the straight, flush draw, and a pair), and the strong bet on the river, I'd say your opponent pretty much has to have one of four things:1) A total bluff.2) A full house/quads3) A straight3) A flushNow of these four, the fourth is the least likely. If he's firing out a semi-bluff on the flop, he's certainly going to throw another shell out there when the four card straight comes to scare off an overpair. That leaves 1, 2, and 3. If he's on a bluff, it doesn't matter whether you call or raise, you'll win the pot either way, so we'll just ignore that possibility and look at the other two. If it's 3, you might get a few more chips out of him, but if it's 2, he's likely going to put you to a difficult decision for all your chips.I'd say that unless you think you can read him perfectly and that you'll be able to fold to a reraise on the river, you should just call here. In fact, I think the full house is more likely than the straight to the degree that you should just call anyway.

A check on the turn and 2/3 of the pot on the river just seems weird with the flush draw out there. It looks like the bettor either hit a really big hand on the river that they're desperate to get value out of (like the boat) or that they're trying to steal. It obviously depends on the player, but I think most players would either bet the turn or just go half the pot on the river.

It seems the villian's betting can be explained by hitting trip 10s, the straight draw, or a lower flush.I think it's unlikely that he wouldn't lead out on the turn with 2 pair. Both for value and to prevent the potential drawing person to get a free card. Same thing for trips. I don't think he has the full house or quads, so raise. How much depends on the stack sizes. I'd probably just move all in. I think I have the best hand and I think he has a strong but second best hand.

This is actually a pretty tough decision. Seeing how that person played the hand, if he was a good player he would probably lead out hard on the flop with 2 pair, just to see if he was already beat, thats a pretty scary board and a million cards could destroy his hand. Considering if he bet the open ended straight draw it seems unlikely someone using this play would check the turn after he draw hit he would definetly bet again to extract value. Most players don't raise flush draws on dangerous boards like that when they know they are getting calls. I would base this decision entire off table image, if the guy was really really credible I would lean towards just calling, but if I had a boat on a board like that I would go all im immediately , the flush would call you 9 times out of 10, and sometimes you could probably even get the straight draw all in. I feel really dumb when I just call and I have someone crushed though, so occasionally this board would get me in trouble, I would probably one over the guy and see what happens. Really it all depends on the guys table image and the information you already know about him, if he was a pretty wild/overvaluing hands kinda guy I would definetly raise.

I like a call here unless you have a better read on villian or you are prepared to fold to a push.His flop lead smells like 2 pair hoping to chase out the drawing hands and induce a raise from an overpair. (could also be something like AJ or an oesd)Turn card scares him so he checks. btw I like your turn check here as he could be laying the trap.River fills up a flopped 2 pair so without stack sizes or other reads I just call here.Try giving a bit more info next time as it makes the hand easier to analyze and provide advicegood luck