what daily tournaments in las vegas are good?

My friends and I are going to Las Vegas from December 30th until January 2nd. Last year when I was there I played in some noon turbo tournaments at the Luxor. It was fun, but the blinds raised so fast it was either go all in or fold after the first few levels.Anyone recommend any low buy in (under $150) daily tournaments on the strip that would be worth checking into, and also what the sign up times are? (I had to go to the Luxor last year at 7am to sign up to get a spot for the noon event, it was "sold out" by about 7:15am) I looked in the back of the recent CardPlayer and saw that there are dozens of events daily, which are worth checking out?Tom.

My friends and I are going to Las Vegas from December 30th until January 2nd. Last year when I was there I played in some noon turbo tournaments at the Luxor. It was fun, but the blinds raised so fast it was either go all in or fold after the first few levels.Anyone recommend any low buy in (under $150) daily tournaments on the strip that would be worth checking into, and also what the sign up times are? (I had to go to the Luxor last year at 7am to sign up to get a spot for the noon event, it was "sold out" by about 7:15am) I looked in the back of the recent CardPlayer and saw that there are dozens of events daily, which are worth checking out?Tom.
The tourneys at the Mirage, 7 pm start, are a good size..maybe 70-100 runners that time of year. Play is solid, ran into x22 in one of them, but Ive cashed in about 1/2 of them.

I just got back from vegas. I stayed at the flamingo. Their poker room is a sorry excuse for one but they have a morning tourny that is a 30 player max $55 buy in. Very soft. I made the final table playing a total of 4 hands. You have to be there around 8 to sign up though. The late night NL games there are very good too. By about 11pm there are two sharks sitting at a table with 8 drunk idiots that are expecting to lose the $100 they put down. Great way to get some extra $$ for the tourneys.I would pick up schedules from Harrah's for some $60 rebuys and Binions for tourneys in the $80-$160 range. It's really cool to play a tourney and be able to see the wall of champions.

Hi, Tom.I was in Vegas back in the spring time, and I also played the Luxor (I managed to make the last table, but that was more luck than judgement) it’s a bit of a crapshoot to be honest.I would recommend heading ‘Downtown’, and playing at Binion’s Horseshoe. I found it great down there, the ‘old school’ poker room and the no thrills atmosphere was excellent, and the dealers are just brilliant too! (Some of them look like they have been working there since Bill Hickok got shot).They hold a daily tournament at 2pm, (check that, just in case it’s been changed).Buy-in $60.I found this real value for money, I played it two days in row, and the competition was very good. It’s was nice knowing I was in a real game, and it starts to get a little ‘Hot’ as players start to get knocked out.My best finish was 29th out of about 250… and that took about three hours… I can’t wait to next year!!!! :-) Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure who I winked at last time I was in Vegas, but I now have 7 free nights at the Flamingo in Jan (new years and then a few later in the month) and 4 more in Feb, so I figure i'll be able to hit a bunch of daily events in the 3 short visits I have upcoming.Tom.

I just got back from vegas. I stayed at the flamingo. Their poker room is a sorry excuse for one but they have a morning tourny that is a 30 player max $55 buy in. Very soft. I made the final table playing a total of 4 hands. You have to be there around 8 to sign up though. The late night NL games there are very good too. By about 11pm there are two sharks sitting at a table with 8 drunk idiots that are expecting to lose the $100 they put down. Great way to get some extra $$ for the tourneys.
How was the payout for the 30 person at Flamingo? I'll be staying there so I figure on playing in their room at some point. I stayed and played a bit there last New Year's, and I doubled up in the cash games there each time I sat down. :club: