limp reraise against the krablar

I was terrifiedPokerStars Game #3116705741: Tournament #15410995, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2005/11/21 - 03:09:04 (ET)Table '15410995 3' Seat #8 is the button*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ReedClarke [Ad As]ReedClarke: calls 100Hogan BH5: calls 100MisterManolo: raises 500 to 600tang1865: folds sebby j88: folds FASTACES1: folds Tbl_Captain: folds FlopDeezNuts: folds ReedClarke: raises 150 to 750 and is all-inHogan BH5: folds MisterManolo: calls 150*** FLOP *** [Jd 8h 9s]*** TURN *** [Jd 8h 9s] [9d]ReedClarke said, "krablar"*** RIVER *** [Jd 8h 9s 9d] [2c]MisterManolo said, "nh"*** SHOW DOWN ***ReedClarke: shows [Ad As] (two pair, Aces and Nines)MisterManolo: shows [3s Ks] (a pair of Nines)ReedClarke collected 1750 from potReedClarke said, "no you had the nh"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1750 | Rake 0 Board [Jd 8h 9s 9d 2c]Seat 2: ReedClarke showed [Ad As] and won (1750) with two pair, Aces and NinesSeat 4: MisterManolo showed [3s Ks] and lost with a pair of Nines

let me get this straight.Blinds are 50/100 and u have 850 in your stack, yet you decided to limp?I think u need to title this thread differently. More like, "donks go at in"
Royal now has a goofy Avatar, but an excellent signature gif. That's a fair trade I guess..
let me get this straight.Blinds are 50/100 and u have 850 in your stack, yet you decided to limp?I think u need to title this thread differently. More like, "donks go at in"
Well, I disagree.. he needs to double up more than he needs to steal the blinds.. when you have AA at this point in the tourney, you have to risk busting out in order to double up. It works more than you think.. when blinds are 50 100, there are few limpers.. It's more dangerous to limp early, when there are lots of limpers..
Well, I disagree.. he needs to double up more than he needs to steal the blinds.. when you have AA at this point in the tourney, you have to risk busting out in order to double up. It works more than you think.. when blinds are 50 100, there are few limpers.. It's more dangerous to limp early, when there are lots of limpers..
he needs to double upwhich is why we would want to get some money in the pot preflop instead of post.what do you think we are getting called with post flop that we have beat? TP?, is taking the chance that someone hits TP on the flop and actually calls us better than making a move pre flop? Even a slight move, even a min raise. just something to sweeten the pot.You have to realise, most MTT players will call the short stack because A- he's short and desperate, B- They only have to invest that much, and C- a good chance to get someone else out.
he needs to double upwhich is why we would want to get some money in the pot preflop instead of post.what do you think we are getting called with post flop that we have beat? TP?, is taking the chance that someone hits TP on the flop and actually calls us better than making a move pre flop? Even a slight move, even a min raise. just something to sweeten the pot.You have to realise, most MTT players will call the short stack because A- he's short and desperate, B- They only have to invest that much, and C- a good chance to get someone else out.
Oh, see, I thought this was a sng for some reason.. nevermind.
Royal now has a goofy Avatar, but an excellent signature gif. That's a fair trade I guess..
What's wrong with "Napoleon DANamite?

All the people saying that you have to raise here are completely wrong. Even a minimum raise UTG will scare people off sometimes in a tournament, whereas the limp just invites someone to try to steal the extra blinds.There's a great chance that someone will raise and you'll be able to get all-in preflop anyway just like OP did in this case, and if you're really so weak/scared that you'd rather steal 150 chips than get all-in for 800 with AA, you'll never win a MTT.

All the people saying that you have to raise here are completely wrong. Even a minimum raise UTG will scare people off sometimes in a tournament, whereas the limp just invites someone to try to steal the extra blinds.There's a great chance that someone will raise and you'll be able to get all-in preflop anyway just like OP did in this case, and if you're really so weak/scared that you'd rather steal 150 chips than get all-in for 800 with AA, you'll never win a MTT.
Agreed.
Agreed.
who are you?and i've seen some of your posts in strat, absolutely no idea what you are talking about.The only way i am limpin with aces in a tourney is when i'm short stacked and short handed.This is a full table, You are likely to get callers.and by limping here to get raised is playing stupid. Blinds are 50/100 not 200/400. people arent that desperate to steal them.and the only way we are getting called for the rest of our stack post flop is when we are beat, or soemone is drawing big on us. which can be just as devastating.I'm not saying there is 1 way to play this hand, but I am saying that playing poker based on "probably's" (we'll probably get raised) is complete non-sense.I dont go deep into MTTs and have wins because I am wrong, and you knumbskulls are right.Edit: You do also realise that OP didnt put in the chip stacks and positions, sooo maybe there is a reason for that
Oh, see, I thought this was a sng for some reason.. nevermind.
this was a sit and go, I think an 18 man. little history on the table. I do agree with you that limping with aces is not smart and could be the end of my tournament but...this table has been highly aggressive, thee hasn't been a hand without a raise in about 3 orbits. also people had been weary to play agaist the short stacks. I felt that limping in this spot was dangerous but was worth the risk knowing that I could probably still play the pot agaist one opponent.95% of the time I would have put in a normal raise. this table was very different and I fealt I could get away with a limp reraise.thanks for the criticism on the play, these are the conversations that continue to get FCPer's to final tables.