my alter ego thinks daniel is a fish in the big game

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damnit, i WAS all about the mystery. Now I have to maturbaste, thank you!
Is this some new cooking term or what?
was in the process of getting the S in there..sorry you are too damn quick

ya know, now that i'm really concentrating on her..paris has no curves; not really all that attractive at all. I need some real females on here..where the hell is royal and marion?? Good lord.

You missed the part about salivating till he pays them off- I guarantee that is the plan by the other pros- DN is a wild card in that he will play looser, less ABC style poker- which oddly enough in the long run against great players, will be on the losing end. The question isn't whether or not he knows he has been beat- most of the time he does- it is just that he is not listening to the robot voice telling him " Danger, Will Robinson!! " and because he is not listening, it is costing him. Sometimes a downswing is as much of a gut check as it is anything else- what needs to change to turn this around? Only DN can truly say, but at the same time with the information given, we can get and idea as well. Like I said, if I posted this same stuff I would not hear the end of it. Go ahead, try it- use the same scenarios and pretend it's me. Now how do you analyze it?
I think you have no clue what you're talking about.Any mediocre player should be able to recognize when he's getting outplayed, so I'm going to have to trust DN when he says he knows he played great almost the whole session, just the river was brutal to him.
So, if he went broke, he could say, " Well geez if it wasn't for a five card flop I would be f ucking rich, bitch. " Play so loose preflop and all kinds of bad s hit can happen at any level of play. Play loose the whole hand and that spells disatster. Let's throw a quote out there " Only hand I was worried about was K-J and so I raised her her last 90,000 and she calls- with the K-J. " If Mike Matusow does this we talk s hit about him, DN does it and all of the sudden it's untouchable. Come on now, Heros are meant to fall- Superman died and then fell off of a horse, and died again. Nobody is above an a ss whoopin.
You missed the part about salivating till he pays them off- I guarantee that is the plan by the other pros- DN is a wild card in that he will play looser, less ABC style poker- which oddly enough in the long run against great players, will be on the losing end. The question isn't whether or not he knows he has been beat- most of the time he does- it is just that he is not listening to the robot voice telling him " Danger, Will Robinson!! " and because he is not listening, it is costing him. Sometimes a downswing is as much of a gut check as it is anything else- what needs to change to turn this around? Only DN can truly say, but at the same time with the information given, we can get and idea as well. Like I said, if I posted this same stuff I would not hear the end of it. Go ahead, try it- use the same scenarios and pretend it's me. Now how do you analyze it?
I think you have no clue what you're talking about.Any mediocre player should be able to recognize when he's getting outplayed, so I'm going to have to trust DN when he says he knows he played great almost the whole session, just the river was brutal to him.
So, if he went broke, he could say, " Well geez if it wasn't for a five card flop I would be f ucking rich, censored. " Play so loose preflop and all kinds of bad s hit can happen at any level of play. Play loose the whole hand and that spells disatster. Let's throw a quote out there " Only hand I was worried about was K-J and so I raised her her last 90,000 and she calls- with the K-J. " If Mike Matusow does this we talk s hit about him, DN does it and all of the sudden it's untouchable. Come on now, Heros are meant to fall- Superman died and then fell off of a horse, and died again. Nobody is above an a ss whoopin.
That's a horrible example. He has one hand to be worried about. He's not a weak/tight player and folding here would be severely weak/tight. He could have also had a read.If Matusow did this I wouldnt talk shit about him. They are pros and there is a lot more to poker than playing the cards, so sometimes they make questionable plays but have reasonings for them.
So, if he went broke, he could say, " Well geez if it wasn't for a five card flop I would be f ucking rich, censored. " Play so loose preflop and all kinds of bad s hit can happen at any level of play. Play loose the whole hand and that spells disatster. Let's throw a quote out there " Only hand I was worried about was K-J and so I raised her her last 90,000 and she calls- with the K-J. " If Mike Matusow does this we talk s hit about him, DN does it and all of the sudden it's untouchable. Come on now, Heros are meant to fall- Superman died and then fell off of a horse, and died again. Nobody is above an a ss whoopin.
That's a horrible example. He has one hand to be worried about. He's not a weak/tight player and folding here would be severely weak/tight. He could have also had a read.If Matusow did this I wouldnt talk shit about him. They are pros and there is a lot more to poker than playing the cards, so sometimes they make questionable plays but have reasonings for them.
Quite honestly, all the big time pros (God bless them) have on any of you fine gentlemen, is time and lots of money. I can't fall all over someone because he has been grinding it out in vegas for years and years. More power to you guys, but come, they are just that much ahead of the game, let us be real. Ten years from now...nobody is above anyone here.

Not like it's a big deal or anything, but this TV show with $200-$600 blinds was NOT the big game. As for me being the sucker in the game- I know better :wink: In 2004 I did very well in both $2000-$4000 and $4000-$8000 games. This year, in limited action I'm ahead close to $400,000. Sure I lost in the High Stakes Poker game, but if that game went on I'm confident that I would have been a big winner...

Wrong- it's a great example. It's exactly what I am talking about- he already knew she had it, the inner voice was telling him that, throwing her 90,000 dollars just confirmed it. Kind of an expensive way to confirm your suspicions don't you think? Look, often times when you play s hitty cards to start with you pay for it, period- ESPECIALLY AGAINST PLAYER AS GOOD AS OR BETTER THAN YOURSELF. I criticize pros all of the time- Jake should not have thrown that pass into double coverage, Tiger should have aimed for the left of the green with a wedge instead of a nine iron, Gordon should have taken the inside from Stewart- it is relatively easy to see these mistakes when they happen. DN is a target in this game no question about it because the other players as much as they give him credit for good holdings also can put him on bad hands, and they are doing it with success. I will stand by my original statement- if I played these cards I would be criticized mercilessly. Just because a person is a pro does not make him immune.
I just think it's funny that the OP doesn't think that DN and the Mods can figure out exactly who he is if they choose. Kind of a weak move to post under an alias, if you have an opinion, stand by it. It's not like DN has ever shown himself to be judgemental or vindictive, he understands that he's a celebrity (even if he hates the word) and people are going to have ill-conceived or unfounded opinions about him. Just part of the game...
the way people flame any dissenting opinons on this site i almost dont blame the guy.

I don't think Daniel would be a fish in any game he played, if he was, he would not continue to play in that game. Professional poker players don't continue to make money by playing in games that they consistantly lose in. Even the greatest players catch cold cards every now and again.

Not like it's a big deal or anything, but this TV show with $200-$600 blinds was NOT the big game. As for me being the sucker in the game- I know better :wink: In 2004 I did very well in both $2000-$4000 and $4000-$8000 games. This year, in limited action I'm ahead close to $400,000. Sure I lost in the High Stakes Poker game, but if that game went on I'm confident that I would have been a big winner...
ya don't need to justify yourself to the jerks....everyone has a bad run. That is the reason everyone goes broke a few times playing poker!keep it up
dn is a good player. but his downfall will be his ego if he doesn't adapt. his problem is that he needs to prove that he is the "greatest" of all time. it doesnt work that way in poker. there are probably dozens of players who are all equally the greatest players in the world but with the varience in the cards some look like "geniuses" while others like "jackasses".dn looked like a genius in 2004. but what has he done since (therefore he looks like a jackass)dn's ego is such that he needs to stand out and be noticed. don't be fooled that he is such a nice guy willing to share all in his site. this is an "angle" ie. the "marketing" to keep all you groupies to stay in love with him. he has most of you guys fooled. that is what makes him such a great player, being able to portray himself in the most beneficial maner to make the most money at the table. (he is a hustler)i stll have alot of respect for him as one of the top 5 caring poker players.i don't blame dn fully because he does have alot of genuine decensy in him. definately more than most of the other poker "marketing" machines (ie hellmuth), but he is intangled in all this "greatest player"garbage.the truley great ones never brag. they don't go on shows, sell videos , games, write books. they just keep their mouths shut and rake in the pots. they prefer to be unnoticed and let others brag for them.dn has a long way to go before he reaches the "self actualisation" state of being.
This is definatley something to think about. For DN that is. Maybe this falls under that "pride" issue that you had at the beginning of this year.No flame, just something to ponder over.
Wrong- it's a great example. It's exactly what I am talking about- he already knew she had it, the inner voice was telling him that, throwing her 90,000 dollars just confirmed it. Kind of an expensive way to confirm your suspicions don't you think? Look, often times when you play s hitty cards to start with you pay for it, period- ESPECIALLY AGAINST PLAYER AS GOOD AS OR BETTER THAN YOURSELF. I criticize pros all of the time- Jake should not have thrown that pass into double coverage, Tiger should have aimed for the left of the green with a wedge instead of a nine iron, Gordon should have taken the inside from Stewart- it is relatively easy to see these mistakes when they happen. DN is a target in this game no question about it because the other players as much as they give him credit for good holdings also can put him on bad hands, and they are doing it with success. I will stand by my original statement- if I played these cards I would be criticized mercilessly. Just because a person is a pro does not make him immune.
Well shhhiat!!!! We finally agree on something. Good point. We had to get away from the god thing to get some useful info from you.Miagi have hope for you

Dhall901 wrote:Quite honestly, all the big time pros (God bless them) have on any of you fine gentlemen, is time and lots of money. I can't fall all over someone because he has been grinding it out in vegas for years and years. More power to you guys, but come, they are just that much ahead of the game, let us be real. Ten years from now...nobody is above anyone here.Now your picking up my diction!!Good for you!!!God Bless all The Sexy Women on This Forum!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If he's from work then you'll never know who he is.However, someone should take a long post by the members in question and analyze it based on the post by the OP, compare and figure out how likely it is to be someone!
All you have to do is do a IP vicinity trace. Since he is at work which is close to his home, the IPs should be very close also. No problem.
  • 2 years later...
Care to reconsider that position, now that the most profitable player in the game kicked?Also, anyone agree that DN might've been involved, to try an' raise his winrate?
yeah, he would probably would have offed Antonius, if not for his raging lust. Perhaps it wasn't for a win rate, but it was in jealous rage for Chip making eyes with antonius.