my alter ego thinks daniel is a fish in the big game

no not teneight, but your getting close censored
What amazes me is you not being able to get past the censor with the vast posting experience you have.Between that and this thread I have decided that you're extremely stupid.
I know how to get around the "censor". I was just too censored off that people were accusing me. I could careless what you think, you fucking douchebagESADB
Teneight, stop trying to be cool and actually look at who I quoted.The OP comes on here claiming he has 2000 posts, my point was directed at him.If you can't read between the lines I guess what I was trying to say is that I dont believe him.I've seen you swear enough to know you can get around the censor, hence my post had nothing to do with you.
i'm soooooooooo sorry for posting that. please forgive me
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey no problem.Stick to concentrating on your tournament game, you are obviously better at that than reading comprehension. :-) :-) :-) All is good, just had to get a little back!

I don't think DN is a fish.... BUT I don't think he should be playing in the big game right now. He had an amazing year last year, but then decided to basicly not play at all as far as i can see and then play the WSOP and the go right to the big game. It seems to me he is only playing in the big game because he has the money. I still one of the best player in the world and he belongs in that game, but i think he's not playing his best game right now.

Everyone here is quick to flame me and hate on me. Everybody is so wraped up in Daniel and FCP that they cant see the truth. DN IS MY FAVORITE CARD PLAYER. He has ability that is out of this world. The fact that he gives us a look at his life thur this web site show you that he is not only a great card player but also how good of a person he is. Now everyone brings somthing a little diffrent to this forum. And a lot of poeple that are on this sight posting there 25th message of the day that shouldnt even be telling kids how to play poker on stacked let alone real money players. Most of the people on this site are card tarts. So i dont expect many people to agree. Many people have made me out to be a daniel hater. Im not. Others say that i think daniel is a total fish. Untrue. Do i think that daniel would clean up and any other game in the world beisde the 4k 8k game. without a ****ing doubt. The other top players in this game have been doing it for a very long time. Maybe im wrong maybe im right. Think about all the blogs that you have read in the last 2 yrs. I remember 2 maybe 3 where he was a winner. and alot more where we was -$. After all this forum is just a place to talk and debate so lets talk.

dn is a good player. but his downfall will be his ego if he doesn't adapt. his problem is that he needs to prove that he is the "greatest" of all time. it doesnt work that way in poker. there are probably dozens of players who are all equally the greatest players in the world but with the varience in the cards some look like "geniuses" while others like "jackasses".dn looked like a genius in 2004. but what has he done since (therefore he looks like a jackass)dn's ego is such that he needs to stand out and be noticed. don't be fooled that he is such a nice guy willing to share all in his site. this is an "angle" ie. the "marketing" to keep all you groupies to stay in love with him. he has most of you guys fooled. that is what makes him such a great player, being able to portray himself in the most beneficial maner to make the most money at the table. (he is a hustler)i stll have alot of respect for him as one of the top 5 caring poker players.i don't blame dn fully because he does have alot of genuine decensy in him. definately more than most of the other poker "marketing" machines (ie hellmuth), but he is intangled in all this "greatest player"garbage.the truley great ones never brag. they don't go on shows, sell videos , games, write books. they just keep their mouths shut and rake in the pots. they prefer to be unnoticed and let others brag for them.dn has a long way to go before he reaches the "self actualisation" state of being.

dn is a good player. but his downfall will be his ego if he doesn't adapt. his problem is that he needs to prove that he is the "greatest" of all time. it doesnt work that way in poker. there are probably dozens of players who are all equally the greatest players in the world but with the varience in the cards some look like "geniuses" while others like "jackasses".dn looked like a genius in 2004. but what has he done since (therefore he looks like a jackass)dn's ego is such that he needs to stand out and be noticed. don't be fooled that he is such a nice guy willing to share all in his site. this is an "angle" ie. the "marketing" to keep all you groupies to stay in love with him. he has most of you guys fooled. that is what makes him such a great player, being able to portray himself in the most beneficial maner to make the most money at the table. (he is a hustler)i stll have alot of respect for him as one of the top 5 caring poker players.i don't blame dn fully because he does have alot of genuine decensy in him. definately more than most of the other poker "marketing" machines (ie hellmuth), but he is intangled in all this "greatest player"garbage.the truley great ones never brag. they don't go on shows, sell videos , games, write books. they just keep their mouths shut and rake in the pots. they prefer to be unnoticed and let others brag for them.dn has a long way to go before he reaches the "self actualisation" state of being.

If we really wanted to know, mods could always run a scan on the passwords. I'm sure whoever it is used the same one.Governator, if you already know, just post their name.

I didnt say that he wasnt good. I just said that maybe he cant hang on a regular basis with the big game boys. By the way im posting from work and we just got new servers and censored diffrent provider so your I.P. searches are useless.Lok danny boy is real good. maybe one of the best tourney players of our generation. But the guy isnt a big game hunter yet. He is the hunted. That might change. Might not. I think everybody would be a little better off if they just faced the truth. The dude is a fish in that game now. he will will a few nights but overall he will loose. he has plenty of cash to do it and he will be fine. And hey Ivey Fan 30 you wanna censored on my head. Im just over the Besty ross bridge my friend. I wont run i promise.
Considering that on one here has ever, or will ever play in anything remotely close to the high stakes games Daniel plays in, I'm sure that someones opinion on whether he is good enough to hang with the big boys holds a lot of water.Its utterly ridiculous for anyone to comment on someone's cash game abilities seeing as none of us have ever watched them play a cash game.
What exactly does Daniel gain from his "groupies". Do we stake him? Do we make him an extra money? Something tells me Daniel doesn't take Lori out to dinner based on the amount of money that his fullcontactpoker shirts bring in. Is Daniel bragging by telling us he lost a few hundred thousand over the past few days?Clearly you are a moron.
You get the "most retarded post of the day" award. Congratulations.Also, dictionary.com is your friend, or atleast should be if you're going to try to make an intelligent post (and fail miserably might I add).

I don't know- I was thinking that if I made some of the documented plays that he has made in this little televised cash game thing that I would have gotten chewed a new one by the collective genius on this forum- and anyone who says they would do otherwise is lying. I have a hard time really defending or critiquing some of these plays because they are just plain loose and questionable starting with his preflop selection, and then the willingness to put the money in the middle even when the 6th sense is telling him, well, DON'T!! It seems to me that all the tools are still there he's just not using them to the best of his ability in the situations where it is going to cost him the most. Yeah, he's chipping away but these guys are just salivating for the hand when he is going to pay them off- and then he does just that. On the plus side, when I go through this stuff I come out the other side a better player- just hopefully not too much broker.

I don't know- I was thinking that if I made some of the documented plays that he has made in this little televised cash game thing that I would have gotten chewed a new one by the collective genius on this forum- and anyone who says they would do otherwise is lying. I have a hard time really defending or critiquing some of these plays because they are just plain loose and questionable starting with his preflop selection, and then the willingness to put the money in the middle even when the 6th sense is telling him, well, DON'T!! It seems to me that all the tools are still there he's just not using them to the best of his ability in the situations where it is going to cost him the most. Yeah, he's chipping away but these guys are just salivating for the hand when he is going to pay them off- and then he does just that. On the plus side, when I go through this stuff I come out the other side a better player- just hopefully not too much broker.
You do realize that these are pros and you can't play ABC poker...right?Also, some of it was shorthanded.

You missed the part about salivating till he pays them off- I guarantee that is the plan by the other pros- DN is a wild card in that he will play looser, less ABC style poker- which oddly enough in the long run against great players, will be on the losing end. The question isn't whether or not he knows he has been beat- most of the time he does- it is just that he is not listening to the robot voice telling him " Danger, Will Robinson!! " and because he is not listening, it is costing him. Sometimes a downswing is as much of a gut check as it is anything else- what needs to change to turn this around? Only DN can truly say, but at the same time with the information given, we can get and idea as well. Like I said, if I posted this same stuff I would not hear the end of it. Go ahead, try it- use the same scenarios and pretend it's me. Now how do you analyze it?

You missed the part about salivating till he pays them off- I guarantee that is the plan by the other pros- DN is a wild card in that he will play looser, less ABC style poker- which oddly enough in the long run against great players, will be on the losing end. The question isn't whether or not he knows he has been beat- most of the time he does- it is just that he is not listening to the robot voice telling him " Danger, Will Robinson!! " and because he is not listening, it is costing him. Sometimes a downswing is as much of a gut check as it is anything else- what needs to change to turn this around? Only DN can truly say, but at the same time with the information given, we can get and idea as well. Like I said, if I posted this same stuff I would not hear the end of it. Go ahead, try it- use the same scenarios and pretend it's me. Now how do you analyze it?
I think you have no clue what you're talking about.Any mediocre player should be able to recognize when he's getting outplayed, so I'm going to have to trust DN when he says he knows he played great almost the whole session, just the river was brutal to him.