Who would win? Discuss!Match can only be ' limit Holdem' . As, I think thats all he played against Doyle's bunch at the bellagio .. I could be wrong.Im rooting for DN all the way ... but Beal is the same guy that wrecked Doyle / Harmon / Forrest / Ghiang(sp?) / and a couple other world class pro's in a headup format. Since Headup matches seem to be DN's thing , I think this would be a sweet matchup. DN would clean him out .
1st off they played limit not no-limit!2nd You say DN would clean him out...........just like the way everyone else cleaned him out right? Only a couple of players ever beat Beale in those matches Harmon and Forrest were among the very few that did well against him. Did you even read the book or did you just read past posts on this topic and make up the rest?
nothing like correcting someone and being wrong. Harmon and Forrest both struggled against Beal.The two people who Beal could not handle were Todd Brunson and Howard Lederer. By the end, Beal flat out refused to play Lederer.....Howard just owned him.However, Beal is by no means a fish and a heads up limit hold em match would probably come down to who had the best cards.

I dont think that 1million is out of daniels roll. He just said in his blog he's buying into some tv tournament for 1 mill . Plus the headsup match with BG is 500k a pop . *shrug* would be a great match to watch

Only a couple of players ever beat Beale in those matches Harmon and Forrest were among the very few that did well against him. Did you even read the book or did you just read past posts on this topic and make up the rest?
actually howard lederer is the primary reason they ended up winners in some of those beal confrontations. midway through one of the sessions beal came up with a condition that he wouldn't have to play howard anymore that trip. the last time beal showed up for one of these sessions, howard took him for around 10mil, at which point beal stood up, shook howard's hand and told him something along the lines of: "you're a good man howard, if we're ever sitting across the table from one another again, it won't be playing poker". it seems that ted forrest, jennifer harmon and todd brunson were big overall winners vs beal, but not in the same ballpark as howard lederer. most of the other pros were actually losers, although, not according to them. it's funny, i hear time and again todd brunson calling himself the biggest winner against beal, when in reality it was(according to the book) howard lederer. yet you never hear howard brag about any of this. a true professional, and a beast at the poker table to boot. on a sidenote, i can tell by the well daniel speaks of howard time and again that he considers himself the much better poker player. i would love for howard and daniel to play a continuous limit holdem cash game "to the death", meaning no one quits until they go broke or cry uncle. that would be most poker fan's wet dream, however i'm sure howard would decline. no way he'd put his lively hood at risk just to prove a point. hopefully poker will be big enough someday that televised cash game freezeouts will be played where the network puts up the cash for the winner.in conclusion, i'd pick DN over AB.
You are a Tool. You quoted me and didn't even read it correctly!If your going to quote me .....understand what the **** your reading first!
Only a couple of players ever beat Beale in those matches Harmon and Forrest were among the very few that did well against him.
ACtually , Forrest lost to him. And yea , I read the stuff . This is a post for fun , no need to flame me.  Harmon also lost.
I'm pretty sure that both Forrest and Jen were winners. Also, interestingly enough, the only bit of sanity presented in the entire book on a pro's part was by Mike Matusow. He said something like: "they don't know how lucky they've been. They could easily be down 50 million. If he's aggressive, he can win." Although, it's hard to turn down a gamble for that much if you think you have an edge.
its true that dn very well might come out on top but ur asking the wrong ppl.most ppl on this forum have no idea how good beal really is and that he destroyed many of the high stakes players in vegas
This is a very good point. So far in all of the matches (except the one against the mystery man) the money has mattered about the same to both players. Against a guy like Beal, I don't think this would be the case. Also, if you get stuck 2 mil against beal in 6 hours (which could easily happen against an aggressive player that is running good), how can you risk another million on an edge that is less than 5%?

I don't think DN would play Beal if the potential loss were tens of millions of dollars, unless he was pooling money with other players.Remember, Beal wanted to up the stakes to 200 000/400 000 PER HAND (the corporation wisely refused). 500 000 or a million truly means little to Beal.I think there's little chance that Beal would play a freeze out against Daniel for a sum as small (to him) as a million. What would he have to gain? He's already proven he can go toe to toe with the best.

Having read the book, I believe DN is a decent chance.The players who tended to get taken by Beal were all extremely aggressive style players. DN tends to be a bit more tricksy. OTOH, Beal can apparently be very difficult to read (considering he improved everytime he played, you would have to think he'd do so again), which is where a big part of DNs edge normally lies.I think all in all it would be a coin flip, with DN more likely to win big rather than lose big simply because he's much more liable to stop.

This is one of the better thread's Ive seen on here in the last while.... very good debate, I voted for Beal, I think DN is the far superior POKER player, but I think Beal would be able to take him in Limit Holdem right now. This would be a great match, but I dont think Beal would bother.