Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is CO with [Ks], [Ac]. 2 folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) [Jd], [Js], [5h] (3 players)BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, MP1 calls.Turn: (4.25 BB) [Ts] (2 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.River: (6.25 BB) [6c] (2 players)MP1 checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: 6.25 BBCheck or bet?

At .5-1 I like the check. There really was no draw out there, so villain had to have something. At this level you're likely to get a call with a low pocket pair or A5. Just gotta suck it up and let this one go at this level IMO. Of course, I say that but many times don't follow my own advice and end up spewing chips...

Bet.
Check.
Too many decisions.. My head.. is going too.. explode...
Lol...look at screech's last post which explains very simply why you check here.
Michelangelo is the man. His avatar is his good luck charm in poker. I wish I had his avatar. But I’ll take looking at a beautiful Asian girl instead.
Bet.
Actuary is just trying to sabotage my game so I don't surpass him one day in poker prowess. He knows we should be checking here.Alright everyone I need to go do shit, laundry, errands, fun fun fun. Have a good night everyone, I'll be back.
Worse hands won't call.Better hands won't fold.
you'll never know when they do.you're probably behind.you won't win if you check and you are behind.I really think it's closer than Screech or MattDamon thinks.Although, I often tend to check here; it's quite surprising often they fold.Here another thought...if you always check these rivers you tell them that it's a Free showdown and turn calls are easier to make against you.oh well..just trying to argue te other side.or sabatoging..
Here another thought...if you always check these rivers you tell them that it's a Free showdown and turn calls are easier to make against you.
This is .50/1. People arent reading into it that much. The difference this information provides for them will be whether to check/call the flop and turn with a small pair, or check/call the whole way. All that changes is that you miss value when you have a higher pair and they check/fold the river. Tell me how often you think that happens.For the hand in question:If the guy is a complete station and often calls down with high cards below A (this isnt so uncommon at .50/1), you can bet your AK high for value. Especially on a paired board. They're less likely to have a pair in those situations, and unlike when there's two pair on the board, your K kicker will play. At .50/1, i never bet the river with AK high to get better hands to fold. That's just crazy talk right there.

You can be pretty sure based on the frequency that they show down hands. If a given %age of hands are shown down against the ones you do bet the river for value, and that %age is roughly equal to the %age of their range of hands that _make_ pairs by the river, then you can know that they're showing down virtually every pair.If they show down 60% of their hands against you heads up and you know that,given their range of preflop hands, only 60% of them make a pair or better, you are being called by any pair (if the sample is perfectly representative).

There are times to value bet Ace High, but this is probably not one of them. Any pair is probably calling you down at this point and your hand still does have showdown value and may be good in this spot. What would really suck is betting and having your opponent make a play and check-raise you forcing you to fold the best hand. When you have a shot at winning a showdown, it's a good idea to take the free showdown and hope your A high is good.This is actually pretty much fundamental at all levels, high, middle or low limit. On paired boards, any pair will likely call down and probably should when headup in a pot.

At .50/1, i never bet the river with AK high to get better hands to fold. That's just crazy talk right there.
you never know; so no one can prove it.
Would you value bet a pp of 7's here?Of course, because most players will call down with any peice of the board.Don't bluff/semi-bluff calling stations.