Ok this is mostly b/c im getting slapped like crazy by variance but I have to know if i played this right or if im a freakin donkeyblinds are 30/60 chip stacks are around even: hero 940 Villian 1060hero in bb: a :D a :D dealer/sb raises to 160, Hero reraises to 300, sb callsflop: 10 :) 7 :D k :club: Hero checks, Villian pushes, Hero callsVillian sucked, He would bet anything I checked which is why i did what i did.

I would probably smooth call preflop.
From what the OP said about the player he was facing this could easily be the most viable option.Let him bluff his chips off to you. You smooth call, he plays like an idiot and goes all-in everytime his Kx hits and you collect.if you think you need some help w/ HU NL let me know I've been working on it quite a bit lately.

Hey jayson i may have to take yah up on that since limit isnt going so well righ tnow ive been tryin to extend my abilities to nl tourney style stuff. as for the hand..he showed k6 and hit a runner runner boat haha...i just didnt know if i should have force him to pay more to see the flop or not

Hey jayson i may have to take yah up on that since limit isnt going so well righ tnow ive been tryin to extend my abilities to nl tourney style stuff.  as for the hand..he showed k6 and hit a runner runner boat haha...i just didnt know if i should have force him to pay more to see the flop or not
Didn't I say he'd do that w/ K-x? Just makes M.K and I correct ;)Get ahold of me on AIM or something, start saving some trouble hands and I'll review your stuff on Sunday if You'd like.Try to keep good records.
Reraising so little is probly the worst possible thing you can do preflop.  Just tells your opponent that you're strong with minimal chip gain.  Either raise more or cold call.
I think the reraise is absolutely necesary, as long as you don't think he will fold. If anything re-rasie a little more. At that point, he will feel committed to the pot, as half his chips will be in, and you can then proceed to get all of your chips in on the flop and/or turn.You should realize that after the preflop bet, you will not be folding this hand no matter what, so make it worth the risk of him getting lucky by building the pot preflop.
Reraising so little is probly the worst possible thing you can do preflop.  Just tells your opponent that you're strong with minimal chip gain.  Either raise more or cold call.
I think the reraise is absolutely necesary, as long as you don't think he will fold. If anything re-rasie a little more. At that point, he will feel committed to the pot, as half his chips will be in, and you can then proceed to get all of your chips in on the flop and/or turn.You should realize that after the preflop bet, you will not be folding this hand no matter what, so make it worth the risk of him getting lucky by building the pot preflop.
This is a heads up sng. A reraise is not a must. Vs a loose player why would you reraise near the min. It makes absolutely no sense. Make it 400 or 450 and you will still get called a lot of the time. By reraising the min you are basically slowing your opponent down got another 140 chips.The player is a betting machine and will bet any flop. Why not call 160 and check raise the flop all in. Or raise to 450 have him call and if he misses and folds the flop you still got 450 out of him. In this scenario if the flop is QJ8 how much is your opponent going to pay you off since unless he has a made hand their is no way he is calling a bet.