nikki, renaedawn, allie, missidaho & ...

The rest of the women posters.What did you think of the 2 post that Daniel made from nomarraige.com ? There was one on Whom Not to Marry and the other was the Article from Good Housekeeping from the 50s.Are you as perplexed as I am? Did some of this get under your skin? Are you wondering why he posted this? Do you think it was just a goof? He just married a woman who was a nanny and who know doesn't work. Yet, he has listed his 2 best friends as Jen Harmon and Evelyn Ng, both great poker players who appear to be career driven and independent. So ladies, what do you think?Yeah... and I know many of the guys will answer as well so what is your take?And Daniel, since I am speculating on your motives, I would love for you to respond as well.

Theresa,My impression of it was that he was pointing out these articles, as if to say..."wow, can you believe some guys actually think this way?" I don't think he meant it offensively, or that he agreed with it. I'm assuming with the 50's article, that he was just pointing out how much things have changed. At least I hope that's what he meant! LOL. But I have to admit I was a bit curious as to what he was doing on a site called "nomarriage"....LOL.....but surfing the net takes us all to weird places sometimes. Allie (your 40-something sister :wink: )

Theresa,My impression of it was that he was pointing out these articles, as if to say..."wow, can you believe some guys actually think this way?" I don't think he meant it offensively, or that he agreed with it. I'm assuming with the 50's article, that he was just pointing out how much things have changed. At least I hope that's what he meant! LOL. But I have to admit I was a bit curious as to what he was doing on a site called "nomarriage"....LOL.....but surfing the net takes us all to weird places sometimes. Allie (your 40-something sister :wink: )
I am hoping so. I don't know about you, but I have always felt conflicted between the past and the present. My mom was a traditional mom when I was young and then she started working and a career when I was a teenager. It seemed like society was saying one thing an home life was another thing altogether. Anyway, it sure seems like the guy who runs the nomarraige site is very bitter.
You're making a big deal out of nothing. He was laughing at those people, not agreeing with him. You're smarter than that - quit acting like the general forum.
I am not trying to stir up something. I will admit, I am very sensitive to the subjects on that site for many reasons that I do not feel like going into.I guess if I did not have the experiences I have had, I probably would quickly see it as a joke instead of something that makes my skin crawl. Thats why I was curious if the women who are around my age had an adverse feelings when reading those post like I did or if this was just an old personal thing of mine.I know Daniel said feminist beware, so I read because I do not consisder myself a feminist by any means. I just didn't think I would have the emotional reaction that I am having.
He just married a woman who was a nanny and who know doesn't work
I think that this is a rather naive statement, and am kinda surprised that it came from you theresea. I think that its rather harsh
I know Daniel said feminist beware
that is a joke. That article was one that Betty Friedan used to start the feminist movement. Most people these days picture feminists as as T.Grace Atkinson types and not the starters of the feminist movement. That article is definetly something that any feminist would hate to the top of her head to the bottom of her toes. I really don't think that he meant any offense to it, and you have to remember his upbringing was from a traditional eastern european style, which is a much different then what many brought up from families that are western european based(which includes traditional american upbringing)

So, I haven't read the thread, but there was discussion about it in FCPHA. I think that things have indeed changed. I also think that past decades and centuries have had their share of good mothers and bad mothers (regardless of career choice or what "ladies" magazines suggest). I don't think that one can judge all mothers against their own. Daniel had a great mom. It didn't have much to do with whether or not she worked or stayed home. Had she worked, she would've still cooked and cleaned and such because it is in her nature to nurture in that way. My mom was (and still is) a working mom. We ate a lot of pizza and take out. I wouldn't trade my mom for any mom in the world. That being said, I chose to be a "stay at home" mom and I am lucky enough to have a partner that can and will support that choice. My choice has more to do with the fact that I don't think I can hack it as a mom and a full time career woman. I am in awe of the women that can do this. My two best friends both work full time and raise two children. It blows me away. I wish I were as together and driven as these women.I don't think Daniel meant to rip on anyone. On the other hand, I didn't read what he wrote, so I can't be sure. Link?I do know that we girls on the forum are exceptionally cool women and those of us with kids will raise intelligent, free thinking individuals. I think that the daughters of our generation will not have to struggle as much against the idea that there is a right or a wrong way to raise a family. Our children (I have sons) will know that they must love and support their kids, feed and nurture them and teach them. Oh yeah, and I loved eating take out Chinese and pizza. I also loved going to my grandmothers and eating the best home cooking west of the Mississippi. Kids are flexible.

So, I haven't read the thread, but there was discussion about it in FCPHA.  I think that things have indeed changed.  I also think that past decades and centuries have had their share of good mothers and bad mothers (regardless of career choice or what "ladies" magazines suggest).  I don't think that one can judge all mothers against their own.  Daniel had a great mom.  It didn't have much to do with whether or not she worked or stayed home.  Had she worked, she would've still cooked and cleaned and such because it is in her nature to nurture in that way.  My mom was (and still is) a working mom.  We ate a lot of pizza and take out.  I wouldn't trade my mom for any mom in the world. That being said, I chose to be a "stay at home" mom and I am lucky enough to have a partner that can and will support that choice.  My choice has more to do with the fact that I don't think I can hack it as a mom and a full time career woman.  I am in awe of the women that can do this.  My two best friends both work full time and raise two children.  It blows me away.  I wish I were as together and driven as these women.I don't think Daniel meant to rip on anyone.  On the other hand, I didn't read what he wrote, so I can't be sure.  Link?I do know that we girls on the forum are exceptionally cool women and those of us with kids will raise intelligent, free thinking individuals.  I think that the daughters of our generation will not have to struggle as much against the idea that there is a right or a wrong way to raise a family.  Our children (I have sons) will know that they must love and support their kids, feed and nurture them and teach them.  Oh yeah, and I loved eating take out Chinese and pizza.  I also loved going to my grandmothers and eating the best home cooking west of the Mississippi.  Kids are flexible.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Why can't you women see what god intended, for you to be baby making machines. You are genetically encoded to raise babies, cook food, take care of the home, and iron our clothes. The sooner you deal with this fact, the easier you will make it upon yourselves. Quit denying your fate, it is your destiny, deal with it.

Why can't you women see what god intended, for you to be baby making machines.  You are genetically encoded to raise babies, cook food, take care of the home, and iron our clothes.  The sooner you deal with this fact, the easier you will make it upon yourselves.  Quit denying your fate, it is your destiny, deal with it.
lol quick WasaMaNG, this way ....20x14%20Emergency%20Exit%20Only.jpgGO GO GO GO!
Why can't you women see what god intended, for you to be baby making machines. You are genetically encoded to raise babies, cook food, take care of the home, and iron our clothes. The sooner you deal with this fact, the easier you will make it upon yourselves. Quit denying your fate, it is your destiny, deal with it.
lol quick WasaMaNG, this way ....20x14%20Emergency%20Exit%20Only.jpgGO GO GO GO!
:club: Hehe, that's great. Well done, DNA.To Theresa, I really don't think Daniel meant anything offensive, I agree with the poster who said that Daniel probably was just posting them in a "Can you believe people think like this?" way.