daniel needs an assistant. let's all post our resume

I would make an ideal AA candidate for Daniel because:1. I am a 41 year old pudgy woman so Lori won’t be jealous and worried that Daniel will hit on me2. Daniel doesn’t have to worry about me not coming in to work because I was out all night partying with the “Bad Boys of Poker”(See #1)3. I am able to move since I am single with no kids (See.. Oh you get the point )4. I am a fellow vegetarian so I understand the intricacies of acceptable meals. Ex: Picking the pepperoni off a pizza does not magically make it a cheese pizza.5. I make a mean vegetarian chili when Mommy is unable to cook.6. Tofu is not just a four letter word to me.7.Proficient in internet searches . When Daniel leaves town I can have a complete travel packet set up . I will include all the veg -friendly restaurants and health food stores within a 10 mile radius including turn by turn driving instructions with map.8. Have no desire to become a hot shot poker player so I would not look as this job as an internship. Seriously, I hate my job and am currently looking for another.I would love to move from hurricane country and a real northern winter would never cut it. Vegas would be perfect! Save me from my current midlife crisis!

I would be a good assistant b/c:1) I would ask Daniel for poker tips non-stop2) I would lose his mail and delete all his email3) I would take his cars out for joy rides with girls from Peppermint Rhino4) I would charge.. no, command an insanely high wage5) I would form a union6) I would eat hamburgers and steaks and drip meat juice on Daniel's clothes7) I have little patience when my edicts are not followed!

I hope Daniel replies and let the serious enquirers know if there is a real venue for those interested in the position. Beyond that, I love the humor posted so far.Actually, knowing how it is to be married, I bet Lori will have a voice in the selection.

So i read that and look for the pokerstars info on mandelbrot, and guess whos playing?  phil helmuth.  i'll let you know if he still sucks.
What did your post mean? You looked up Mandelbrot on stars and he is playing Hellmuth? Or that you decided that Mandelbrot was Hellmuth in disguise? As I recall, Mandelbrot is the guy who won the WCOOP or whatnot this past year.

Dealer: Game #1158860598: #1_Lucky_One wins pot ($1047) with high card AceDealer: Game #1158866375: offthenuts wins pot ($2297) with two pair, Jacks and SevensDealer: Game #1158869090: #1_Lucky_One wins pot ($1647)Dealer: Game #1158871748: #1_Lucky_One wins pot ($2297) with two pair, Eights and DeucesDan Druff: play poker like the prosDealer: Game #1158874034: #1_Lucky_One wins pot ($1747) with two pair, Fours and ThreesUallGoingTap: u are a tank phillDealer: #1_Lucky_One, it's your turn. You have 15 seconds to actDealer: Game #1158878598: #1_Lucky_One wins pot ($447)#1_Lucky_One: wowUallGoingTap: nice use of the pauseUallGoingTap: that handYa, he's ok.

Thanks for all the entertaining posts guys, some good ones in there. I was a little taken aback at how many people inquired about the position... does anybody on this forum have a job! :wink: :wink: In all seriousness, since I've received so many e-mails it gives me the luxury to really look for the right fit. One key thing that would be a major plus is if the applicant was already living in Las Vegas.

Why hire just one...better yet why not ....”Poker Apprentice”…move over Donald, there is a new show coming.Actually all that Daniel needs are a few electronic aids to make life easier. PDA’s, a couple of laptops, network server, spam blocker, auto email sorter, task manager….did I mention I’m in the computer biz.

Some jobs or opportunities in life are so unique and intriguing that if you don't at least try (hard) to get them you feel like you missed out on something. That is they way that I look at it. If you don't get the job, that is the way that it goes, but at least you tried. As for being in Vegas already...that is why they invented U-Hauls. Some opportunities are unique enough to pack up and hit the road and see how it goes. We all seem to be poker players here, sometimes you just have to close your eyes and fling your chips in. Just a thought to all...Best wishes,Phil

What did your post mean? You looked up Mandelbrot on stars and he is playing Hellmuth? Or that you decided that Mandelbrot was Hellmuth in disguise? As I recall, Mandelbrot is the guy who won the WCOOP or whatnot this past year.
So just to clarify, I am not Phil Hellmuth! He is saying that when he went to look for me online, he happened to see Phil (#1LuckyOne) and watched him play.ok hijack off now!
Thanks for all the entertaining posts guys, some good ones in there.  I was a little taken aback at how many people inquired about the position... does anybody on this forum have a job!  :wink:  :wink:
job???

I've been formally rejected. It's like Little League All-Stars all over again. :cry: To make matters worse, I'm "too qualified." If "too qualified" means I'm better off continuing to lick envelopes for a bunch of lawyers who don't even remember my name, then I think I should go unlearn everything they covered in college.Is anyone else on here looking for a personal assistant who would rather walk dogs and answer mail for someone down-to-earth than fetch coffee and polish the apples of some guy who constantly reminds you that he's an "Esquire?" I work for chicken feed and pats on the back.Does anyone else feel like a college degree these days is just impressive enough to keep you out of the running for interesting, off-beat jobs, and just common enough to keep you stuck in a cubicle from 9 to 5?

Does anyone else feel like a college degree these days is just impressive enough to keep you out of the running for interesting, off-beat jobs, and just common enough to keep you stuck in a cubicle from 9 to 5?
Not giving much hope here for someone graduating in May :cry:

When I read Daniel need a Personal Assistant, I posted this thing in good humor. Then I read he got tons of resumes and it seems like there are allot of people serious about trying to be part of Daniel's world. Now my perception has shifted from writng humorous attributes that a PA should have like:1)I will always make sure Daniel has only red colored M&M's for snacks and water from the purist French stream.But now, I wish everyone luck in the forum for landing this coveted job. To come and be part of this forum is nice, but to land a job working with someone you admire is so cool.Fortunately, for me, I did not send him a resume or interested to, because man, I bet he must have got over 200 resumes. I hope Daniel works on his wrist motion and how to say "You Fired!"HEy, I have a great idea. Daniel should pick 9 potential candidates and let them play a one table tournament. Winner gets the job.

Chip_and_a_Chair wrote:Does anyone else feel like a college degree these days is just impressive enough to keep you out of the running for interesting, off-beat jobs, and just common enough to keep you stuck in a cubicle from 9 to 5?Not giving much hope here for someone graduating in May
Yeah, way to go Captain Bringdown...
Thanks for all the entertaining posts guys, some good ones in there.  I was a little taken aback at how many people inquired about the position... does anybody on this forum have a job!  :wink:  :wink:    In all seriousness, since I've received so many e-mails it gives me the luxury to really look for the right fit.  One key thing that would be a major plus is if the applicant was already living in Las Vegas.
I DO... I Do.. I live off Eastern in Henderson!!! :-)
Chip_and_a_Chair wrote:Does anyone else feel like a college degree these days is just impressive enough to keep you out of the running for interesting, off-beat jobs, and just common enough to keep you stuck in a cubicle from 9 to 5?Not giving much hope here for someone graduating in May
Yeah, way to go Captain Bringdown...
Haha, sorry... didn't mean to bring anyone down. Just venting about how a college degree and $2.19 will buy you a pack of toilet paper these days. Graduated in the top 5 in my class and couldn't get a job with a single newspaper or magazine because I didn't apply through the "Dow Jones Internship Fund." So I got stuck as a gofer at a law firm. A little bitter. I'm sure you fellas will be fine, though! :D Also, I applied for the P.A. position back before DN had selected the original candidate, some time in November. He eventually responded that he was afraid I'd take the job temporarily, presumably to run off and launch a career in journalism or law. All I could think of was that if I had decent career prospects in journalism or law, I wouldn't be working as a file monkey in an administrative position that actually lists under its qualifications: "Requires little to no independent thought."Seriously though, a degree is better than no degree... so take heart.
HEy, I have a great idea. Daniel should pick 9 potential candidates and let them play a one table tournament. Winner gets the job.
Heh.. I think that would be a great idea...Being a Vegas local, I actually sent him a PM asking what he was specifically looking for in an assistant. If I feel I can help him out, I'll apply. The IT industry here in Vegas is crap, so a new career is looking pretty nice right now.

Job, Daniel watch your mouth. LOL. Nothing is ever a job if you truly enjoy what you're doing.Work is what you make of it. But then again that could just be the Angel in me talking,I tend to enjoy everything I do. And as for my resume, I think I have you all beat. Spent two years in nursing class, a couple years child care and let me tell you if you can handle a group of screaming five year olds you can handle anything. LOL. I am an Angel extrodinair or so I have been told by all those around me.I also watch dogs . NOt too sure which is worse a group of barking dogs or screaming kids. LOL.