d. cloutier vs. thibault - fantasy hockey

I have been offered Cloutier(Van-G) for Thibault(Pit-G) straight up. Will Pittsburg be good enough this year for me to consider turning the trade down. I also have Esche and Joseph so i'm not really needing help, but might get an edge by trading for Cloutier.

I have been offered Cloutier(Van-G) for Thibault(Pit-G) straight up.  Will Pittsburg be good enough this year for me to consider turning the trade down.  I also have Esche and Joseph so i'm not really needing help, but might get an edge by trading for Cloutier.
What stats are used for goalies?Well...maybe it doesnt matter, lol. Take Cloutier.I've never seen much of Caron until tonight. Is he just rusty or is his movement always so bad?
What stats are used for goalies?
WinsGoals Against Average (GAA)Save PercentageShutouts
lol..I was trying to convey that it wouldnt matter, whether it s SP or team stats like wins GAA and Shutouts, Cloutier/Canucks should have a solid edge over JT/Pens in all categories.
lol..I was trying to convey that it wouldnt matter, whether it s SP or team stats like wins GAA and Shutouts, Cloutier/Canucks should have a solid edit of JT/Pens in all categories.
well then I misread it...oh well
lol..I was trying to convey that it wouldnt matter, whether it s SP or team stats like wins GAA and Shutouts, Cloutier/Canucks should have a solid edit of JT/Pens in all categories.
well then I misread it...oh well
"solid edit of" nice typing ...not lol

I actually think Cloutier will play less games. Vancouver really likes their backup in Alex Auld. The Pens on the other hand don't have much in the backup goaltending category. On the other hand most of the Pens wins will like be by out-scoring people. Although the same could be said for the Canucks, but I think to a lesser degree. Cloutier has been a fantasy hockey goldmine in recent years though. All in all a very good trade for you.

I actually think Cloutier will play less games. Vancouver really likes their backup in Alex Auld. The Pens on the other hand don't have much in the backup goaltending category. On the other hand most of the Pens wins will like be by out-scoring people. Although the same could be said for the Canucks, but I think to a lesser degree. Cloutier has been a fantasy hockey goldmine in recent years though. All in all a very good trade for you.
Ever hear of Marc-Andre Fluery?...even Sebastien Caron isn't that bad. Good post though...i got quite a headache trying to figure it out.

Cloutier is the worst goalie in the leauge...the idiot is always on his knees like a cheap whore and cannot play the puck if his career depended on it (just watch this season, cuz hes gone after this year)and this is comming from the biggest Nuckz fan ever....

I actually think Cloutier will play less games.  Vancouver really likes their backup in Alex Auld.  The Pens on the other hand don't have much in the backup goaltending category.  On the other hand most of the Pens wins will like be by out-scoring people.  Although the same could be said for the Canucks, but I think to a lesser degree.  Cloutier has been a fantasy hockey goldmine in recent years though.  All in all a very good trade for you.
Brent Johnson is almost a lock to start the season as the primary backup in Vancouver. Consensus is that Auld isn't ready quite yet...
I actually think Cloutier will play less games.  Vancouver really likes their backup in Alex Auld.  The Pens on the other hand don't have much in the backup goaltending category.  On the other hand most of the Pens wins will like be by out-scoring people.  Although the same could be said for the Canucks, but I think to a lesser degree.  Cloutier has been a fantasy hockey goldmine in recent years though.  All in all a very good trade for you.
Ever hear of Marc-Andre Fluery?...even Sebastien Caron isn't that bad. Good post though...i got quite a headache trying to figure it out.
Yes I've heard of him, did you hear about him getting sent to the AHL?As for Auld, I must admit I havent been following the pre-season that much the last couple weeks. But what I had read early on was that alot of the coaching staff and players really liked how Aud plays. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure he performed pretty well in the games he played 2 years ago.
Cloutier is the worst goalie in the leauge...the idiot is always on his knees like a cheap censored and cannot play the puck if his career depended on it (just watch this  season, cuz hes gone after this year)and this is comming from the biggest Nuckz fan ever....
You'll be very surprised by his play this year. His game has changed signficantly since the last season.He would also have to stink things up pretty badly to get less ice time. He is a longtime student of the Canucks goalie coach, and he's the man until its proven otherwise, and Auld certainly wont prove it.

Being that I live in Vancouver, and Ive had season tickets for 3 years..I've seen both these goalies a lot.Cloutier is a phenomonal regular season goaltender. Has had 30 plus wins in the last 3 seasons, with a GAA of under 2.5 each year.The one downside to Cloutier is that he's prone to injury (last season, he only played 60 games.) Auld is a good goalie with tremendous upside. I find it doubtful the season will be split 60 games - 20 games...but with the new schedule having numerous back to back nights, who knows.Canucks coach Mark Crawford has never been a fan of putting the same goaltender in the back to back games.

Brent Johnson is almost a lock to start the season as the primary backup in Vancouver. Consensus is that Auld isn't ready quite yet...
I guess it's safe to ignore this little gem of advice...Johnson was sent down to Manitoba over the weekend.
I guess it's safe to ignore this little gem of advice...Johnson was sent down to Manitoba over the weekend.
Yes, Johnson has a two-way contract whereas Auld has a one-way....not a difficult decision really.

okay, here's the inside scoop: Cloutier: Will play significant minutes BUT, as mentioned, is injury prone. He hurt his groin quite severely last fall playing four on four hockey during the lockout. ANd, yes, the Canucks are quite high on Alex Auld, but he has yet to prove he's a number 1.Thibault: Thibault will play. Lots. And Pitt will win a lot of high scoring games. Thibault has a tendency to break down during the season. He loses weight through the year, and finishes a couple of seasons in CHicago at less than 170 pounds, which is why his play drops off so significantly. Fleury is the goalie of the future, BUT his contract is LOADED with bonus' including HUGE payouts for number of games played. SO despite the fact that Pitt claims they sent him down for seasoning, the real reason is financial. Look for him to come back up late in the season to take over for the faltering Thibault, but never cross his bonus threshold (I believe it's 29 games, but I dont know for sure off the top of my head) Hope this helps....

okay, here's the inside scoop: Cloutier: Will play significant minutes BUT, as mentioned, is injury prone. He hurt his groin quite severely last fall playing four on four hockey during the lockout. ANd, yes, the Canucks are quite high on Alex Auld, but he has yet to prove he's a number 1.....
Don't expect a recurrence of the groin problems. He spent a ton of time working with Ian Clark which means thousands of reps of movements at top speed which would have tested any injury. If that wasnt enough Ian would also have him working at one of Steve Mountain's (Hextall and Snow's agent) Summit Sports Training Centers. If a hockey treadmill at 17 mph and 40% incline doesnt get a groin in shape, I dont know what will!

I hope you're right, Cloutier is a great guy. But treadmills and gyms arent the same as going post to post on a breakaway, and with the shootout format, you can bet he's going to have to do that quite often. And groin injuries?? NEVER go away..... ever..... EVER..... LOL... GOD< I wish they did.....

okay, here's the inside scoop: Cloutier: Will play significant minutes BUT, as mentioned, is injury prone. He hurt his groin quite severely last fall playing four on four hockey during the lockout.  ANd, yes, the Canucks are quite high on Alex Auld, but he has yet to prove he's a number 1.....
Don't expect a recurrence of the groin problems. He spent a ton of time working with Ian Clark which means thousands of reps of movements at top speed which would have tested any injury. If that wasnt enough Ian would also have him working at one of Steve Mountain's (Hextall and Snow's agent) Summit Sports Training Centers. If a hockey treadmill at 17 mph and 40% incline doesnt get a groin in shape, I dont know what will!
I hope you're right' date=' Cloutier is a great guy. But treadmills and gyms arent the same as going post to post on a breakaway, and with the shootout format, you can bet he's going to have to do that quite often. quote']in just one week of working with Ian he will have gone post to post on 2 on 0 s a few thousand times :club: He looked extremely good in August.
Take it. Vancouver should do better then Pittsburgh plus Cloutier is likely to play more then Thibault. I say 30 plus wins for Cloutier and low 20's for Thibault.
low 20's for Thibault? Playing 60+ games in Pittsburgh? Set an over/under in the low 20's, and I'll put money on the over.