movin on up' (movin on up) to the eastside

5-10 limitVillian after 50 hands is 19 / 4 / 1.75I'm UTG+2 with Kd QdI open raise, Villian 3 bets, 3 folds, button cold calls, blinds fold, I call.Flop: [9d 5d 4h]I check, Villian bets, button calls, I call.Turn: [9d 5d 4h][Kh]I check, Villian bets, button calls, I call.River: [9d 5d 4h][Kh][6d]I bet, Villian raises, button folds, I 3-bet, Villian calls.OK now hear me out, this might look weak, but 1. Villian is solid but can get rockish2. On the flop, I didn't want to lead out, get raised and have button fold (what Aseem was talking about in another thread raced through the head though)3. I didn't think I had 15 clean outs at all...4. Also on the flop, I didnt want to raise and have Villian 3 bet if he did have a high PP to raise out button...Is this still too weak though? It might be...His raise was 4% and this was the first 3 bet I had seen in 50 hands...

there are no absolutes in poker.don't feel that you must jam the pot on the flop everytime you have a flush draw against two opponents, or that you must lead with the bettor on your left in this situation when you have two overs.given your information, the hand is excellently played.aseem

check raise the turn, imo.
no.are you ignoring the whole "read" thing?he is 19/4/1.75. what hands does he *three-bet* preflop and still bet the K turn here with?checkraise him? no thanks.aseem

If he's going to check without the intent of check raising, and theVillain bets and the button calls, he can get great value out of his hand by raising the turn before the flush is so obviously made on the river. Now, when the flush hits on the river, and he bets out, he's more likely to be raised by someone thinking there is no way he has the flush.

If he's going to check without the intent of check raising, and theVillain bets and the button calls, he can get great value out of his hand by raising the turn before the flush is so obviously made on the river. Now, when the flush hits on the river, and he bets out, he's more likely to be raised by someone thinking there is no way he has the flush.
So what do you do the other 80% of the time the flush doesn't fall? Bet out again, get raised, then what? You've lost 4BB instead of 2, if you call down. I think this is well played.

What hands does he 3 bet with preflop and then have QK beat on the turn with? Aces, and AK, and very rarely KK. He's still betting Jacks and Queens here on the turn, thinking you've already checked and he shouldnt worry about one person having a king, and he still wants to charge the flush draw. The fact that he raised on the river and probably had a hand that beat K Q on the turn is 100% in the rear view mirror as we look at this hand knowing how it played out.

What hands does he 3 bet with preflop and then have QK beat on the turn with? Aces, and AK, and very rarely KK. He's still betting Jacks and Queens here on the turn, thinking you've already checked and he shouldnt worry about one person having a king, and he still wants to charge the flush draw. The fact that he raised on the river and probably had a hand that beat K Q on the turn is 100% in the rear view mirror as we look at this hand knowing how it played out.
I agree. There are many hands that bet this turn that aren't AA KK or AK. That said, I still don't like a c/r on the turn. I would prefer a bet/call and check/call on the river with no diamond (but obviously cap with a diamond as you did).

but if you bet into the leader on the flop on the turn, and he raises, you are almost surely losing the button. I am in between the way he played it to begin with and the way I suggested...

but if you bet into the leader on the flop on the turn, and he raises, you are almost surely losing the button. I am in between the way he played it to begin with and the way I suggested...
I need to start recognizing situations like this.

I think I either bet out or c/r the turn (probably bet out). If your read was really REALLY solid, I'd say nice hand... but 50 hands isn't quite enough to affect how I play the K on the turn. If these were his stats after 100-150 hands, it'd be different. JJ and QQ are just as likely, and by the turn it's about time the button has to pay to stay in. We don't want him to have the odds to hit some random two pair to beat you in case you don't make your flush.Despite what some of the replies have been, I will go out on a limb here and say it wouldn't be horrible if you bet out the turn, villian raises, and button folds.

Despite what some of the replies have been, I will go out on a limb here and say it wouldn't be horrible if you bet out the turn, villian raises, and button folds.
Horrible - no. But it's not optimal either. What are you worried about from button? It is extremely unlikely he has a gutshot draw because he called 3-cold PF. his most likely holding on the flop is a pp or overcards. If it's a PP or a lone ace, he's drawing to 2-3 outs, and will call incorrectly. I want that money to pad the pot in case I'm behind to villian. The main problem if you take your line, and it goes bet-raise-fold-call. You put in two bets to win two as a likely underdog. However, if it goes check-bet-call-call, you are putting in 1 bet to win two with the same winning chances. Which do you prefer?

I look at it this way, there are about 5 hands we can put him on, AA AK KK QQ JJ. Based on what comes on the turn he would have to have the case pocket kings, which is pretty rare, and you have a queen so queens isn't quite as likely, i suppose. I would say you have the best hand on the turn about 40% of the time, and will improve to the best hand on the river if you don't about 20% of the time, or more depending on his holding. That seemingly gives you a 60% edge in the hand and I like value check raising the turn, I doubt he re-raises here, especially with AK, and maybe not even with aces either. He should be afraid that you flopped a set when you make the value check raise on the turn, imo. That said, I think the way it was played was definitely safer than this method, and it turned out to be the right play in hindsight, i'm guessing he had aces.

there are about 5 hands we can put him on, AA AK KK QQ JJ.
Given this range, what happens when we c/r the turn and he as QQ/JJ?What happens when we c/r the turn and he has KK?What happens when we c/r the turn and he has AA/KK, and we miss on the river? Do we bet? When we check, do we call his value bet?The range you put him on means we are behind. I don't like raising the turn when I'm behind OOP w/ outs. I would rather c/r the river for value when I make the best hand.

If you had position and it was Villain bet, cold call, would you raise then?

If I felt it was likely the villian would just call and check the river - yes. It all depends on the type of opponent we are against. If this guy would not reraise with AK/AA because he fears two pair, then I'd go ahead and raise. This gets more money in the pot when we do hit our draw, and costs us the same when we don't.