multi-tabling

This has been working very well for me lately at the pokerroom. I've come to realize that when I only play one table, I get restless and antsy, and I usually ending up playing marginal hands and paying people off more so than I would like. I play three tables at a time now, see more hands, clear more bonuses (free entries into tournies at least) and play only +ev starting hands and it has been profitable for me to date. I usually play 2 .25/.25 and one .50/.50 and it has worked out well. Has anyone else tried this as a result of playing just one table and getting bored with it? +1

I agree completely. Since I'm also playing those limits I'm usually just playing ABC poker. Therefore I find it's not too necessary to be looking 'into my opponents souls'. I'll play 2 or 3 .25/.25 tables, watch some t.v. and just wait for big hands. I usually always get paid off even if I haven't played a single hand for a hour. It's amazing how little attention people are paying at those levels...

What is this variance you speak of? points per hour while im playing? I have no idea, I usually just check once a day to see where I am at...Ive cleared 600 points in the past 8 or 9 days playing about 2hrs a day..

I'm not sure I explained myself well in my first post, I wasn't asking if anyone had multi-tabled before, I was asking if my reason for doing so was the same as others...sorry bout that...I should have known better though, I've been a lurker for some time, and realize that 90% of you need to have things spelled out for you... :?

What is this variance you speak of?  .
I dont know if this is a joke or not. Since you are a newbie it could really be any of the two.but because i'm nice, i'll go into the reasoning of why i multi.1 - doing it because i get bored of 1 table is true, but not the main reason, because sometimes i'l play a tourney and thats all. 2 - i'l multi because i'm bonus horing and of course it racks up points fasterbut3 - themain reason is for the swings and variance. Because I multi table at 4 - 6 tables per session, i start to see more hands, and the "bad beats" and low swings do not show as strong, or not at all.example. I play 1 table and SEE 200 hands for the week. I have been geting crap cards and outdrawn. even though i'm only playing strong hands.but when i play 6 tables, i see 1200 hands. and out of those 1200, the swings dont look as drastic because simple math tells me that my 80% fav. to win will hold up more often than not.Its early and i explained this horribly, but oh well[/i]