where is smash??

If you believe, if you've seen clue, if that has saved you, great for you. But admit that those who haven't "found Jesus" can have a hard time to believe, based only on second hand account (at best) without any empirical evidence.
that is true i guess and i hope you have first hand account someday so you can have it all like meGood Luck.
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never seen my thoughts...but i believe in them, because i've experienced them...same reason i believe in God...i've experienced Him...save yourselves the trouble of asking how, or calling me naive/psycho...experiencing God is something a non-believer could not possibly understand (sadly), but all the believers on this thread can certainly attest to...

i've never seen my thoughts...but i believe in them, because i've experienced them...same reason i believe in God...i've experienced Him...save yourselves the trouble of asking how, or calling me naive/psycho...experiencing God is something a non-believer could not possibly understand (sadly), but all the believers on this thread can certainly attest to...
How do you know what you have experienced is the presence of an omnipotent "god"? How do you know it's not just chemical reactions in your brain? Or maybe what you've experienced is the presence of one out of a million "gods".It's funny that anyone would say they know either way.It's quite comical yet sad that people have such a hard time facing the reality that they have no idea what's going on, whatsoever.

and how do i know my entire thought process was not pre-programmed by the ass crack dwelling dragon, and are not my own, but simply follow a pre-set release pattern? maybe i'm not experiencing thoughts, but rather chemical triggers set in motion by said ass crack dragon, but i've been told all my life "oh, those are thoughts" so of course i believe it :roll: :club: i'm sure its already been stated in this thread, but no one is going to be able to "convince" any one else to follow their personal views, just thought i'd throw in my take on the subjectoh, and the whole "cult" references (from whoever keeps throwing them out there) are rather insulting...could do without those...

That warm fuzzy feeling?Ya, sorry, that was a reaction to the chilly.
um...ok...two things: 1) its a bit (read "a shitload") more powerful than a "warm fuzzy feeling" and 2) why the hell would you care to "discount" my personal experiences that make my life better? what are you trying to save me from? again, like i said, its nothing a non-believer could begin to understand, so i don't fault you for taking cheap shots at something you've never experienced.
um...ok...two things: 1) its a bit (read "a shitload") more powerful than a "warm fuzzy feeling" and 2) why the hell would you care to "discount" my personal experiences that make my life better? what are you trying to save me from? again, like i said, its nothing a non-believer could begin to understand, so i don't fault you for taking cheap shots at something you've never experienced.
Hey asshole, I used to believe. Guess what? No warm fuzzy feelings for me.
We're asscrack dragon missionaries sent to save you from heaven.
LMFAO! :club::D
no God, no heaven right?but yeah, that was good :club: oh and thanks for the asshole comment Austin...definitely the vibe i was aiming for :roll:
no God, no heaven right?but yeah, that was good :club: oh and thanks for the asshole comment Austin...definitely the vibe i was aiming for :roll:
Oh np, maybe next time dont act like you speak for everyone. Thanks. Good Luck.
Oh np, maybe next time dont act like you speak for everyone. Thanks. Good Luck.
not sure what part pissed you off and put you into "you're an asshole!" mode, but my apologies if i offended you in some way (not my intentions)
no God, no heaven right?
I have no ideaI doubt it, but if I have to blindly believe it to get there, then I'd rather not go. You can believe whatever you want, as long as it doesn't affect me. Let me believe what I want. I'll be just fine.
fair enoughto me, the "there is no God" comments come off as offending, because they are stated as a "fact" rather than a belief, which (and i might be reading into it too much) feels like it carries the connotation of "you're an idiot for believing in God" if someone chooses not to believe God exists, i'm not going to berate you for your beliefs, so long as i'm not berated for mine...if i came off sounding like a prick with a "holier than thou" attitude in any of my posts, i apologizenow lets all hold hands and sing kumbayah...substitute "oh lord" with the phrase of your choice (where applicable) :club:

I really and truly could care less what everyone believes.To me, it just seems like the point of religion is to lay down a rubric for how to be moral or how to have the appropriate values and such. Of course, it means something else to some people, like they want to go to heaven or something, which I think is a little shallow to place blind belief in.I figure that as long as someone finds solice in what they believe in and it helps them in any way, I think that is good, even if I feel the belief to be misguided or incorrect altogether.What really gets to me, though, is when the fundamental Christians go about telling people what to believe, or the whole, "You'll be sorry when you're in hell" or something along those lines. Stop infringing and telling us what to believe, and we won't put you in your place about how silly your religion is. We don't choose to disprove your theories of an omnipotent god because we fear going to hell, we just don't want to be told what to believe.

How do you know what you have experienced is the presence of an omnipotent "god"? How do you know it's not just chemical reactions in your brain? Or maybe what you've experienced is the presence of one out of a million "gods".It's funny that anyone would say they know either way.It's quite comical yet sad that people have such a hard time facing the reality that they have no idea what's going on, whatsoever.
Not really- it's a lot harder for people like you to think of the possibility that some people know exactly what is going on, and really until you come to a point where you look in the mirror and say " There has got to be more than this " or " Man, something is missing " you just will never know. That, my friend, is true sadness. Some people like to classify religous people as the blind leading the blind- that's not the case at all. The blind stay in the exact same place- like you. I try to be nice when it comes to threads like this but it gets to the point when people like you start throwing out the " it's quite comicals " and " sad really " at people that are just arguing for a little faith, and a little belief in something bigger than your miniscule butt that I just can't take it anymore. Let them be- they are just arguing an issue that is close to them- it's not of any consequence to you because it doesn't exist, right? So move on to the next thread where you can pretend to be somebody and leave these nice guys alone.
What really gets to me, though, is when the fundamental Christians go about telling people what to believe, or the whole, "You'll be sorry when you're in hell" or something along those lines.  
That's actually what fueled that heated argument.
Not really- it's a lot harder for people like you to think of the possibility that some people know exactly what is going on, and really until you come to a point where you look in the mirror and say " There has got to be more than this " or " Man, something is missing " you just will never know. That, my friend, is true sadness. Some people like to classify religous people as the blind leading the blind- that's not the case at all. The blind stay in the exact same place- like you. I try to be nice when it comes to threads like this but it gets to the point when people like you start throwing out the " it's quite comicals " and " sad really " at people that are just arguing for a little faith, and a little belief in something bigger than your miniscule butt that I just can't take it anymore. Let them be- they are just arguing an issue that is close to them- it's not of any consequence to you because it doesn't exist, right? So move on to the next thread where you can pretend to be somebody and leave these nice guys alone.
OK, you wanna be a prick, I can play that game too. I have been civil and have enjoyed my conversations with "these nice guys". Did you bump your motherfucking head? You don't know jack shit about me and what I believe. At no time ever in this thread or anywhere that you have access to read, have I said I do not believe in something bigger than myself. It's just as close to me as anyone and I have the right to discuss it as much as anyone.See I believe people need to believe something. Belief in an afterlife full of wonders gets people through the day and gives their life purpose. There are nearly as many views on life and afterlife as there are people. Some feel they know the truth, even when that truth directly conflicts with millions of other truths.We're all making this shit up man, cause no one has a fucking clue. There are too many religions for anyone with common sense not to see that these are fairy tales passed down from generation to generation to keep hope alive and have something to believe in. They are not truth for everyone, they are not absolute for everyone.