album of the year

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what that means... But I just put the new Kanye West on my Ipod, I think i'll listen to that now actually.
I've heard that's fantastic as well.Danger Mouse did the Grey album, mix of the Beatles White album and Jay Z's Black album.MF Doom did last year's best album in my opinion, Madvillain.
I dont know what that means... But I just put the new Kanye West on my Ipod, I think i'll listen to that now actually.
I've heard that's fantastic as well.Danger Mouse did the Grey album, mix of the Beatles White album and Jay Z's Black album.MF Doom did last year's best album in my opinion, Madvillain.
I've heard the grey album... and while I think it's impressive what he did.. I didn't find it more enjoyable to listen to ya know? But yeah, I know who he is, not the other one though.
I've heard the grey album... and while I think it's impressive what he did.. I didn't find it more enjoyable to listen to ya know? But yeah, I know who he is, not the other one though.
Trust me.. get Madvillain... easily best album of 2004... my friends like to say the Arcade Fire, but I think Madvillain is better
Green Day is the greatest band of the past decade.Flame away but it's the truth.
It's actually hard to argue. They've been around forever and do it every time. Not that I like them really, but I see how you could make the argument.Depends on your criteria.
Come on Suited, you're from Chicago, you should know the best band of the last decade, Wilco. Sweet, this is my 200th post.
I should, but I don't listen to that kinda stuff. So while I've heard OF them, I haven't actually heard them. I do know Kanye though... he's my new favorite I think. I went to the malls and I balled to hard,Oh my god is that a black card,I turned around and replied why yes,But I prefer the term African American Express.:club:

Kanye West=flavor of the month. Hip Hop or whatever doesn't have any staying power. While I don't agree with GD as the best band in the last 10 years, I will say they are still good quality stuff.How many hip hop artists are putting out quality albums that were doing it ten years ago?

Kanye West=flavor of the month. Hip Hop or whatever doesn't have any staying power. While I don't agree with GD as the best band in the last 10 years, I will say they are still good quality stuff.How many hip hop artists are putting out quality albums that were doing it ten years ago?
JayZ until he retired.Tupac would be if he was alive. Every album he did was good. And most of the specific artists don't have staying power, but the genre as a whole has more than any other.
JayZ until he retired.Tupac would be if he was alive. Every album he did was good. And most of the specific artists don't have staying power, but the genre as a whole has more than any other.
Do you think Jay-Z would be where he is if Tu pac and Biggie were stil alive?.. umm i dont think so.

why is green day the best band of the past ten years? cause they get more vma's, play on shitty "new rock" stations, or is it cause they play the same five bar chords over and over and dweebs like u guys buy the shit?

^^Erick Sermon, Wu-Tang, Redman, Ed OG, MF Doom, Pharoahe Monch, Q-Tip, Rakim, Too Short, Jay-Z, Digable Planets, Kool G Rap, Nas, Pete Rock, Slum Village, Black Moon, Slick Rick, Gangstarr, Kwame, Dr. Dre are all still putting out quality music to this day and for at least 10 years...I could go on and on, but saying hip-hop has no staying power is a pretty ridiculous statement, it's been 26 years for crying out loud^^Madvillain was the second best album of last year... Chilltown, NY by Erick Sermon was #1 IMO, glad to hear other people listening to Doom though

Do you think Jay-Z would be where he is if Tu pac and Biggie were stil alive?.. umm i dont think so.
But he is here. And he did good work regardless.But Biggie was never really that good in the first place, he's just known for Diddy's promo machine saying he's the greatest ever. He wasn't.
sorry, should have quoted that in my post, forget how fast this forum is...
Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Kool Keith, Del The Funkee Homosapien and Hieroglyphics, Prince Paul.. the list goes on.
Kanye West=flavor of the month. Hip Hop or whatever doesn't have any staying power. While I don't agree with GD as the best band in the last 10 years' date=' I will say they are still good quality stuff.[b']How many hip hop artists are putting out quality albums that were doing it ten years ago?[/[/b]quote]I've played guitar for 9 years, and I am lover of all kinds of music (mostly blues and rock). There aren't alot of hip hop artists from 10 years ago that are still putting out top albums, but that's because times change. Where are all the rock, country, r&b, and pop artists that were doing it ten years ago?
Madvillain was the second best album of last year... Chilltown, NY by Erick Sermon was #1 IMO, glad to hear other people listening to Doom though
Better than the Doom...really???Have not heard it, but I guess I'll have to check it out.