50-100 on party poker........if you're still awake

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone is watching. But some of the hands that these people are turning over are "interesting".
I agree. I am curious to hear your thinking on the J9s play when u flopped a flush draw and raised the turn. Ive been watching for quite a while now and after hearing your thinking on these hands I think I stand to learn quite a bit.
If any of you are still watching.......this is not fun. It's more like cruel and unusual punishment. The key is not to go on tilt though. Sometimes poker is not fair, lol.
i've got the table opened up still, doesn't look fun
If any of you are still watching.......this is not fun. It's more like cruel and unusual punishment. The key is not to go on tilt though. Sometimes poker is not fair, lol.
Well in the beginning it was a better table, it's still not bad. Except for some strange betting, calling, folding......But people are really holding over me tonight.
Well in the beginning it was a better table, it's still not bad. Except for some strange betting, calling, folding......But people are really holding over me tonight.
there is a lot of strange plays at higher limits, even watching the 100/200 on stars.

Wow, tough session! I wasn't ready to finish, but Party decided to do some maitenence on my table. I'm completely mentally exhausted. The table did not play like a typical 50-100. It played much more like a 30-60, but the calibur of play was better. What I mean by that is, lots of different types of hands being played. The three guys on my right must have watched Gus Hansen for years. Because not only were they SUPER AGGRESSIVE. They had a lot of imagination. Because of that style of play, the game will naturally play bigger than the limits indicate. I personally ended up losing a little for the night, but was close to even right before Party shut the table down. I wasn't playing to break even though. I think there is a part of me that really likes the competition. In addition, there was money to be made. I'm pretty happy with how I played overall. Some people will were just holding over me, and getting there all the time. But such is life. For those of you who watched. Feel free to ask questions about some of the hands I played.

That last hand you just played...UTG raise and then UTG+1 3bet..did you have 10's or AQ?I was surprised to see you fold the river to one more bet.
The only hand I specifically remember folding was pocket 9's after I 3 bet in a 4 way pot. When I got check raised from the second guy on the flop. When he bet the turn and the river, I was convinced that he either had a set, or a pair of Queens. The board was pretty ragged for him to bet anything else. There really was no draw out there. The only other hand he could've had was 7's or 8's. But I didn't think so. Thus, I folded. Sometimes even if mathematically it is correct to call, you should fold. I've played quite a few hours with the guy as well. So, I felt like I had a read on him.

***** Hand History for Game 2634171439 *****50/100 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) - Thu Sep 01 08:34:34 EDT 2005Table Table 56360 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 1: steveo7 ( $9600.42)Seat 2: Rocket21222 ( $1875)Seat 3: big_berg ( $2895)Seat 4: dnp_now ( $1450)Seat 5: kbh04 ( $10230)Seat 6: FrownZ ( $2216.50)Seat 7: RoggyRog ( $4122)Seat 8: superKiebitz ( $2500)Seat 9: dmetalfeen ( $5570)Seat 10: MantisStyle ( $2350)dmetalfeen posts small blind (25)MantisStyle posts big blind (50)** Dealing down cards **steveo7 raises (100) to 100Rocket21222 raises (150) to 150big_berg folds.dnp_now folds.kbh04 folds.FrownZ folds.RoggyRog folds.dmetalfeen folds.MantisStyle folds.steveo7 calls (50)** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jh, 9s, 5s ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (50)steveo7 calls (50)** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3h ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (100)steveo7 calls (100)** Dealing River ** : [ 7c ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (100)steveo7 folds.It was this hand.

***** Hand History for Game 2634171439 *****50/100 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) - Thu Sep 01 08:34:34 EDT 2005Table Table 56360 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 1: steveo7 ( $9600.42)Seat 2: Rocket21222 ( $1875)Seat 3: big_berg ( $2895)Seat 4: dnp_now ( $1450)Seat 5: kbh04 ( $10230)Seat 6: FrownZ ( $2216.50)Seat 7: RoggyRog ( $4122)Seat 8: superKiebitz ( $2500)Seat 9: dmetalfeen ( $5570)Seat 10: MantisStyle ( $2350)dmetalfeen posts small blind (25)MantisStyle posts big blind (50)** Dealing down cards **steveo7 raises (100) to 100Rocket21222 raises (150) to 150big_berg folds.dnp_now folds.kbh04 folds.FrownZ folds.RoggyRog folds.dmetalfeen folds.MantisStyle folds.steveo7 calls (50)** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jh, 9s, 5s ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (50)steveo7 calls (50)** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3h ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (100)steveo7 calls (100)** Dealing River ** : [ 7c ] steveo7 checks.Rocket21222 bets (100)steveo7 folds.It was this hand.
I had King Queen. But, I'm pretty sure the guy had Aces. I flopped a back door flush draw/straight draw. In fact, I should have dumped the hand on the turn.

Was that 9c 8c hand pretty standard for this level, or were you just mixing it up a bit.Preflop I like the call with suited connectors, but on a flop of Q 3 Q with one club, is making a bet on that board a standard play when it is checked around to you?The turn was the 2nd club so I can see betting out.River 8 of diamonds locked you in the hand for sure. Is the flop a check with 5 people in the hand even if it's checked to you with 2 people behind you to act?*edit sorry if I am pestering you, just trying to gather some information. In the above hand I put you on atleast Ax or Kx with a flush draw to be making those bets.