ever get that session of tilt that really stuns you.

So, This one really stuns me. I'm up a lot today....and I mean a lot...my last 3 days have been solidly up. Well, I lost a big pot $400 on 9102 flopIt was raised, reraised, all that jazz and I randomly decide, hey , lets All In even though the guy must have a set or a flush draw (straight flush draw), but hey, lets all in anyways...well, needless to say I lost to his trip 10s with my top 2 pair and disgustedly blew $850 that I had at 3 tables. I started slamming things, going all in w/ AK AQ AK AQ and I lost all 4 to 99, KK, 33, AK...so coin flips for the most part, but I was legitimately behind in all hands. Ever get that feeling of **** this **** that, i hate poker...while you're still up a lot? Normally it occurs when I'm even or down...but this time I randomly became infuriated and tilted while UP! And up a lot I might add. Ultimately, my head got screwed on right aftter I won a 3 way pot with KK vs AQ and 1010 and I recovered a decent amount. But....Much can be said for NOT TILTING and saving that money rather than going through "recovery phase" and making it back...I ended the night $221 off my peak which is reasonable considering my ALL IN madness with top 2 pair vs obvious set was for $250ish that I put in and I leave with some sensibility. All in all, I'm up more in 3 days than I've ever done (barring tourneys) and I am left with a sense of dissatisfaction. I blame only myself this time, but wonder, does anybody else do massive tilt at all their tables after 1 silly play? Something to think about and something that can save a boatload of money for me and others alike if we control the rage...my 2 cents.

my 2 centsLittle to do with you, but it amuses me how vain we are, even in our cliches.When we offer our thoughts they are priced at 2 cents. When we ask for someone else's it's "a penny for your thoughts".

very true spademan...many things to ponder tonight...Life is such a complex game...I think I have something figured out, and I get a new curveball. You'd think you'd be happy being up so much, but to be totally honest, I'm not at all. When you make a lot, greed sets in. When I dont' have much money, I can still manage. The more I make though, the more unhappy I seem to be...yet I would kill to be a millionaire right now...go figure.

very true spademan...many things to ponder tonight...Life is such a complex game...I think I have something figured out, and I get a new curveball.  You'd think you'd be happy being up so much, but to be totally honest, I'm not at all.  When you make a lot, greed sets in.  When I dont' have much money, I can still manage.  The more I make though, the more unhappy I seem to be...yet I would kill to be a millionaire right now...go figure.
All true, but the bolded statement is the most important part, I should think.With that said, overcoming the rest of it is the key to becoming the millionaire.Strange animal.
I started slamming things, going all in w/ AK AQ AK AQ and I lost all 4 to 99, KK, 33, AK...so coin flips for the most part, but I was legitimately behind in all hands.
not coinflips for the most part. half of those are coinflips, the rest are you being dominated.

my main point was just that i tilted off my chips...and it took me until just now to makeup what I lost from that late night session. Currently: 11,300, exactly what it hit prior to the donk-off

my 2 centsLittle to do with you, but it amuses me how vain we are, even in our cliches.When we offer our thoughts they are priced at 2 cents. When we ask for someone else's it's "a penny for your thoughts".
That's up there with "Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?"
Steven Wright would like his check. Payment for taking his joke.
Steven Wright would like his check. Payment for taking his joke.
Wright said that?Sweet, I love that dude.One of the hardest times I've laughed was some joke he told a LONG time ago about a fly on a window sill. Don't even know if it was a joke really, or just a story, and don't remember much about it...other than I couldn't stop laughing.Anyway, Steven, if you're reading this, forgive me. While I didn't assume I was the first to ever have the thought, I wasn't aware you had the joke out there.Love, Spademan

I put a nice chip in the bathroom sink and broke the strap on my watch a little while ago after a nice meltdown, lost small bankroll on a tirade, about $250. Since then, I try to tell myself it's all relative, and the nice bankroll I have going now was built with solid play and good decisions. Poker will always be there. If I get a good pot, and feel satisfied, I'll call it a night. If I think I'm too tired/mad, losting money, making bad calls, I just turn off the pc. Give it another go in the morning. Why give the fish more of your hard-earned money? Tonight, I'm getting stomped at Interpoker, but I'm still up on my initial deposit, and have $200 in bonuses yet to clear. Fluctuations are part of the game. I wish you luck, patience, and perspective, No_Limit.