poker life starting today

Yeh makes me crazy sometimes, but have a girlfriend who hates poker and really just brings me back to reality for 50% of the weekend.Anyways as much as I love chatting etc its 3:30 am and I got the Empire 1000 raked to play tomorrow aswell as getting in a few 1000 at UB to try and get over 1k all before 3pm.Looks like an early start I guess. Goodnight all.I keep you guys updated in blog.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wrto linked me to this the other day, thanks very much though. It is one of the reasons that I posted in this forum. I actually have it marked up in my favourites. This in my opinion is a great thread, just thought I could get even more by creating my own thread rather than hijacking a 2+2 thread.
chris got that thread from me originally when Stheif posted it :wink: . Hijack it all you want, there is nothing that Stheif says in it that isn't gold. Its valuable for everyone here to read it. It all came about from a poll that SFer made several days earlier that revealed a lot of SSers were obscenely overrolled and needed to grow a pair and move up

True Poker,You should move up in limits. If you are killing 1/2 games, you should be playing 5/10 as soon as you get the bankroll. From the testimonials of several players, 5/10 is not significantly more difficult than 1/2, at least if you find the right tables. If you can handle 5/10, you can earn more than at 1/2 with less effort - and have time to do other things in your life.I'm playing 2/4 and 3/6 now about 30 hours a week on average. I haven't been doing it for a long time, but I have little doubt that I can and will make a comfortable living at it. But this time next year I will almost certainly be playing 5/10 or higher.

wow, you are nuts dude. make sure you are getting rakeback at your primary site, UB or wherever you spend most of your time. with the numbers you are putting up, you could easily collect a few grand a month just in rakeback. Dont forget to include potential bonuses into your calculations. will be easy for you to make an additional grand or two in bonuses as well.

From the testimonials of several players, 5/10 is not significantly more difficult than 1/2, at least if you find the right tables.
this is very wrong, 5/10 full on party is very beatable, but I haven't seen one poster here every try to say that 5/10 is anywhere comparable to 1/2, even with killer table selection

Do not let the negative thoughts of doubters affect what you know you can do. Some people would say that 80,000 a year is plenty, so go get it. Also, why UB? The competition as you move up gets very stiff, I would look into party and Bodog, maybe a little pokerstars as well if you don't mind people knowing the flop before it happens.

Well, the main reason for me playing UB is to actually get better at poker rather than make money playing. I may turn to play PartyPoker when I get to 5/10 but for now I think it is worth just improving my game.

Well, the main reason for me playing UB is to actually get better at poker rather than make money playing. I may turn to play PartyPoker when I get to 5/10 but for now I think it is worth just improving my game.
no

You should do all right, Just a few points that I learned the hard way. Don't worry about moving up too fast 2-4 and 3-6 is just fine.Get into a rakeback program ASAP at your level and the amout of hands you play it could give you back up to $500/mo free. I play with a well over a 400bb bankroll.If you are a cash player, avoid blowing off $s and time on tournaments.

Yeh I see what you mean about tournaments, I am really just playing lots of STTs to practice for bigger MTTs and just because I would rather play tourneys in conjunction with cash games when I can't get more than 3 cash games going