announcement #1: stacked coming to x-box

I promised a couple of announcements this week and now that the press release is out I can share it with you. An awesome new video game called "STACKED with Daniel Negreanu" will be in stores this summer. Below are links to some articles written about STACKED that will give you some background info:http://pc.ign.com/articles/582/582103p1.htmlhttp://xbox.ign.com/articles/581/581899p1.html

thanks, can't wait to try it.....you still have another announcement coming out? nice to see your back.....I've only been in this forum a week, and thought great...now that I'm here, he will not post anymore :-)

Just copying my post from the other thread. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I must say that my first reaction to a poker video game was, "oh man, it's not going to be any good". Reading the press release, however, my interest was definitely piqued.

STACKED features a comprehensive poker school in which the player can receive tips and strategies from Daniel Negreanu (2004 ESPN Player of the Year, World Poker Tour Player of the Year, Card Player Magazine Player of the Year and all-time World Poker Tour money winner). Daniel will teach players everything from the fundamentals of Hold 'em to advanced tournament strategies through full motion video, voiceovers and dynamic in-game features. As players progress through the game's career mode, they can apply Daniel's teachings to overcome some of poker's most renowned stars, including Josh Arieh, Jennifer Harman, Erick Lindgren, Carlos Mortenson, Evelyn Ng and David Williams.
That sounds pretty cool. Obviously the cynic in me will be skeptical until I see it, but I think with the huge poker market out there, anyone that comes out with a poker video game that is "THE poker video game" will make a killing, and thusly will make the developers work really hard. I'll definitely check it out.And it should have been called, "Busting out the nuts with Daniel Negreanu"

if you go and read the press release you'll see that it will also be available for PS2. This game is going to be so cool. I've seen what they have so far and was blown away at the graphics and the depth of the game in general. It's actually going to be hard to win. The AI in the game will adapt to your play and look to exploit any of your weakenesses. If actually do get through the whole game, your poker skills will improve dramatically. Throughout the game you'll be given tutorials. The further along you get the more advanced the tutorial. So not only is this going to be the coolest poker video game out there, it's also going to serve as an instructional DVD to some degree as well. Personally I can't wait to play the game and see if I can beat... me? LOL, that sounds kinda odd?

if you go and read the press release you'll see that it will also be available for PS2.  This game is going to be so cool.  I've seen what they have so far and was blown away at the graphics and the depth of the game in general.      It's actually going to be hard to win.  The AI in the game will adapt to your play and look to exploit any of your weakenesses.  If actually do get through the whole game, your poker skills will improve dramatically.  Throughout the game you'll be given tutorials.  The further along you get the more advanced the tutorial.  So not only is this going to be the coolest poker video game out there, it's also going to serve as an instructional DVD to some degree as well.    Personally I can't wait to play the game and see if I can beat... me?  LOL, that sounds kinda odd?
Nothing odd about beating yourself. Wait...ugh...dammit.

wow that looks like GREAT fun! my brother got that one poker game, championship poker i think its called??, and all the players look like gorillas and i said 'they should make a game with real players and have it actually look like them.' brilliant!! cant wait to get it and play it!!! :-)

if you go and read the press release you'll see that it will also be available for PS2.  This game is going to be so cool.  I've seen what they have so far and was blown away at the graphics and the depth of the game in general.      It's actually going to be hard to win.  The AI in the game will adapt to your play and look to exploit any of your weakenesses.  If actually do get through the whole game, your poker skills will improve dramatically.  Throughout the game you'll be given tutorials.  The further along you get the more advanced the tutorial.  So not only is this going to be the coolest poker video game out there, it's also going to serve as an instructional DVD to some degree as well.    Personally I can't wait to play the game and see if I can beat... me?  LOL, that sounds kinda odd?
Nothing odd about beating yourself. Wait...ugh...dammit.
It is satisfying though... you know... ahh, nevermind.

Looks great Daniel, glad you are involved in somehing lke this. I have hoped there would be a REALLY well done poker video game.Although I see much written about the Poker players involved, I wonder if the designers took the time to factor in Josh Arieh's arrogance into the AI??Sorry, I just couldn't resist.... :spadesk: :spadesa:

I think this sounds very cool, but i was just wondering how the 6 professionals were chosen. I notice that they are all daniels friends, and i was wondering if they joined the game cuz he was into it. I also think that maybe they should have some more interesting players to play against. Being able to play against gus hansen and Phil Laak with there hyper-agressive styles would be very cool.

I chose the six people for the game because I like them all and think they are adiverse group that covers lots of basis:Carlos Mortenson (the REAL Matador, LOL)Erick Lindgren (WPT Player of the Year)Evelyn Ng (Tall, asian, female)Josh Arieh (the token "bad boy" of the group that's really not so bad at all)Jennifer Harman (petite, female, blond- best female player in the world)David Williams (young, black, and a future star) It's a cool group. All are good people and it's important to me to be associated with people that I like. I could have added more players to the list but am happy with the group that we have.

I wonder if this could ever involve real money games as well, or if it's strictly going to be for "fun". Could be even more interesting if there was an "adults only" version available.

Is this a mult-player game or one that can be played through a network or is it mostly single player?
It will offer both. You can play at home against the computer or you'll also be able to play it on X-BOX live. There will be a STACKED league where you'll accumulate points based on your performance, etc. Or if you'd just like to play it with friends you can do that to. The game is totally "STACKED" :wink: