question about downswing

6k hands isn't a "small" sample.
Actually, you're right.. It's not small. It's fuckin' TINY.
It's large enough to say that you're roughly a break even player at those limits; or at least have been playing a 'break even' game in the past. Your true win rate may be slightly higher or lower than the sample win rate, but it's not going to be far from it.
Still looking for the (sw) on this part.To the OP, just keep playing. Look through hand histories at the end of every session to see if you can find leaks or if you're just catching the back of Mother Variance's hand.
most players lose $$ in pokersome post herenone will admit they are losing players overall.for the recordI will admit I am.Started in March '05.Winner since June 1st however
Gawd that's funny.
hey, i just started playing.
most players lose $$ in pokersome post herenone will admit they are losing players overall.for the recordI will admit I am.Started in March '05.Winner since June 1st however
Gawd that's funny.
No, not that.In the first part of your post you seperate yourself from "they", who won't admit they're losing players.Then you say, "I will admit I am".Then end with, "but wait, no I'm not, I'm a winner now, no-no, I used to be a losing player, but... see, that was in the past, now I'm a winner. Ha ha. Like I'm a losing player. No, no, I win. I mean, in March, April and May, when I started, I was a loser, I admit that, I'm not like these other guys who can't admit they don't win at poker. There is no doubt I've lost. Just, not recently. I've become a winning player. But I haven't always been, I can admit that. "
I've played 5,906 hands at 5/10 and find myself down 0.54 BB/100. I was just wondering if this was normal and if anyone else has experienced a losing streak this long. Also, what is the avg BB/100 someone should expect to win over the course of 10,000 hands?
time to move up

Uhm, what's with bitches getting defensive?Of course it's possible to have a downswing over the course of 6k hands - and a lot of players probably have experienced those downswings that're attributable to chance and chance alone.When your first 6k hands at a given limit are a "downswing", it's _more_ likely that it's as a result of you being a losing player than it is of chance. As N increases, the probability of it being attributable to the quality of your play just increases. It's not at a critical point where you have absolute certainty of anything, but if you were to count all of the players who experience an average loss of 0.5 BB/100 over the course of 6k hands with NO other information or data about that player, more often than not, they'll be losing players. I'll admit that i should have used the word "probably" in front of what i wrote earlier. He _may_ be a winning player who just happened to initially stumble on a cold streak.

6000 hands is only 30 hours of play if you multitable 4 tables. I mean thats not even a week for a serious player. Of course you will have downswings that last for a week, and much more than that at times.You need to play way more to know if youre a winning or a losing player.
Best. first post. ever.Welcome to the forum. :club:
6000 hands is only 30 hours of play if you multitable 4 tables. I mean thats not even a week for a serious player. Of course you will have downswings that last for a week, and much more than that at times.You need to play way more to know if youre a winning or a losing player.
Best. first post. ever.Welcome to the forum. :club:
i found him first.
well most players on this forum win money. thats why they are on a poker forum, they take it seriously.
do you or anyone else know how many hands you get per hour when you are 4 tabling?
well most players on this forum win money. thats why they are on a poker forum, they take it seriously.
Yes, it's probably skewed towards more winners here...
Gawd that's funny.
No, not that.In the first part of your post you seperate yourself from "they", who won't admit they're losing players.Then you say, "I will admit I am".Then end with, "but wait, no I'm not, I'm a winner now, no-no, I used to be a losing player, but... see, that was in the past, now I'm a winner. Ha ha. Like I'm a losing player. No, no, I win. I mean, in March, April and May, when I started, I was a loser, I admit that, I'm not like these other guys who can't admit they don't win at poker. There is no doubt I've lost. Just, not recently. I've become a winning player. But I haven't always been, I can admit that. "
ok. Yeah, you're right.Kinda covered my arse, just a tad.