i'm drooling at this $15/$30 game (o8)

$15/$30 omaha hi/lo, eight-handedthe whole table limps preflop.(8 SB) 10 :club: 8 :D 5 :)SB bets, everyone calls. (six to the turn)(13 BB) K :)SB bets, everyone calls. (six to the river)(31 BB) 4 :DSB bets, EP1 raises, everyone calls.final pot: 55 BB (that's $1,650)EP1 shows K :D J :) 9 :) 5 :) and wins the high pot with the second-nut flush.MP2 shows A :) 7 :) 6 :) 2 :) and wins the low pot with the nut low.everyone else mucks.WTF??? :):):) it's taking all of my full energy not to sit down in that game way under-funded.aseem

You should sit.Take a shot with a grand.Short term variance isn't that bad in O8, particularly if that's a tpyical hand.
i was considering it, but i have only about $700 in my account right now. today's $10/$20 session just demolished me. i COULD have sat down with $700, but i'd feel so nervous both with the higher stakes and with not even 25 big bets to spend.just curious, why is this maniacal table representative of LOWER short-term variance? shouldn't it be the opposite since you could lose a lot on just a missed nut flush + nut low draw or something, or a bad suckout?anyway, the table unfortunately broke up after an hour. guess the maniacs and the fish just lost all their money too fast. :club: aseem
Just a question to the better players out there following up on this.When you're normally playing bigger games, does good game selection often make it neccessary to jump up or down stakes?
i don't consider myself a great player, but definitely.read this article, it's called "game selection: the key to higher stakes".http://www.pokertips.org/strategy/adv-game...e-selection.phpi know for a fact that right now on pacific (you can only one-table), i'm constantly changing stakes and tables, constantly looking for the loosest and most aggressive games i can find.in the last 15 minutes, i sat down at a $2/$4 hold 'em table with a 64% flop and an average pot of $41 (10 BB). after a round of playing and still surveying the lobby, i immediately got up and sat down at a better $5/$10 table that had 72% players to the flop and an average pot of $114 (11 BB). after two rounds, some of the fish left and i moved to a $3/$6 table which is what i'm on right now.i'm also constantly moving around the omaha/8 tables also, since a $5/$10 table may be too tight for my taste while a $2/$4 table is exceptionally loose. then, like today, i noticed a juicy $10/$20 game starting up and i joined in.game selection is so key, IMHO.aseem
$15/$30 omaha hi/lo, eight-handedthe whole table limps preflop.(8 SB) 10 :club: 8 :D 5 :)SB bets, everyone calls. (six to the turn)(13 BB) K :)SB bets, everyone calls. (six to the river)(31 BB) 4 :DSB bets, EP1 raises, everyone calls.final pot: 55 BB (that's $1,650)EP1 shows K :D J :) 9 :) 5 :) and wins the high pot with the second-nut flush.MP2 shows A :) 7 :) 6 :) 2 :) and wins the low pot with the nut low.everyone else mucks.WTF??? :):):) it's taking all of my full energy not to sit down in that game way under-funded.aseem
If everyone plays consistently like this at this table, I will sell my last underwear at the pawn shop to sit at the table. Which site is this?
If everyone plays consistently like this at this table, I will sell my last underwear at the pawn shop to sit at the table. Which site is this?
My guess would be Party Poker.
I think it's Pacific actually....from assem's other posts, he plays there....and last night I saw they had an 8-handed $15/$30 game going on the menu. Too bad my bankroll there is still under $500...hehe
I think it's Pacific actually....from assem's other posts, he plays there....and last night I saw they had an 8-handed $15/$30 game going on the menu. Too bad my bankroll there is still under $500...hehe
Is there usually a game on Pacific? What is the highest limit they have?I play 20/40 on Party but see the same faces over and over now. I would like to play on a different site so no one knows me.

yes, it's on pacific. $30/$60 is as high as they go. be warned, a game isn't spread between $10/$20 - $30/$60 at all hours of the day. but when they are spread, they look decently soft.aseem

$30/$60 is as high as they go. be warned, a game isn't spread between $10/$20 - $30/$60 at all hours of the day.
Yes that 8-handed game 15/30 game was the biggest I have seen in a long time....but I tend to play more in the daytime CDT.

listen, man. the pacific software is--bar none, hands down--the worst on the planet.still, the huge softness of the games more than makes up for it.and no, there's no option for four color decks.aseem

it's summer for me so i'm mostly playing in the afternoon (around 2pm) up till late night (around 4am or 5am). the 10, 15 and 30 games run in thsoe periods sometime (afternoon and late night), that's all i remember. good luck.aseem

i just have a small PT database, and here are the notable players. i don't know how many of these guys will play above $10/$20, though, as that's as high as i've played. also note that i have seen more than 50 hands for each player (that's how many poker tracker needs to autorate, of course).fish:dukkkehgolfgene4344jjfrackmhb05Nihilstrjrottrollo855Walsh313money bags:coltraandawnpapbuckgood luck,aseem

go to the poker tracker website and download hand grabber. it's a program for pacific so that you can get actual text hand histories (again, pacific software just sucks massive balls, they don't even have text hand histories to download). it'll cost $10 to register. it's way worth it.note that you have to run hand grabber first before opening up pacific. it has to detect pacific setting up or something. also note one major point of suckiness--anytime you get the "establishing connection" box in pacific (you will get disconnected a LOT at pacific), hand grabber stops working, so you have to log out of pacific, exit hand grabber, and reopen hand grabber again then log back into pacific.again, the software sucks and you'll have to deal with a bunch of shit, but the softness of the games should make up for it.aseem

Yeah, I play that game at pacific regularily. Yesterday, it was totally maniacal. I regularily see 65%+ seeing the flop, but it was 82% 9 handed when I sat down.Three notable hands: I raise on the button with AA3x, BB 3-bets, UTG limper caps it with JJq5 rainbow, ends up hitting quads jacks and taking sown a $900 pot.I have A246 (suited A) and raise, it gets 3 bet, there are 4 callers, so I cap it. Flop K53 2 suited to my Ace. CHACHING!. Capped flop. Turn Q, 1 bet on turn. River 3. Sigh.I raise on in EP with AAKT (suited A). One cold caller and the BB calls. Flop J98 of my suit. BB bets out, I call, cold callers calls. Turn K of my suit. BB bets, I call (now that I don't have to charge a low draw), and caller calls. River offsuit Ace. BB bets, I raise, Cold caller cold-calls, BB calls. Cold caller had a 5 high flush. BB had a J-7 Straight. Yummy.Fell

fell, that's awesome. what is your pacific SN? i'd be very interested in observing for a while. if you don't want to divulge in public, feel free to PM me. if you'd rather not share at all, it's cool.aseem

I had no idea other FCPers played Omaha Hi/Lo at Pacific Poker. I'll make sure to try and avoid all 3 of you. :)By the way, does Poker Tracker Omaha allow exportation of hand histories? If it does allow it, we should all compile our data on the competition.

I had no idea other FCPers played Omaha Hi/Lo at Pacific Poker. I'll make sure to try and avoid both of you. :)By the way, does Poker Tracker Omaha allow exportation of hand histories? If it does allow it, we should all compile our data on the competition.
what's your pacific SN? i'm akiFCP.the pokertracker thing is a good idea. i think there's a way. i'll see if i can upload my database or zip up all the HH files and upload them onto a website.pacific only, of course.aseem