forum etiquette question

Okay I am not being a smart ass here, although I am known to be one. I am pretty new to forums in general and to the FCP specifically and for quite some time I have just lurked.I have learned from some and laughed at/with others so recently I have started posting.I posted today regarding AC and some playing advice and I see that there are quite a few views on my question but no comments at all, good bad or indifferent.So after that long winded explanation comes the question. Am I doing something particularly wrong in my posting that I get zero response.Go ahead flame away as I would be disappointed if some of you didn't!!! :shock:

Okay I am not being a smart ass here, although I am known to be one.  I am pretty new to forums in general and to the FCP specifically and for quite some time I have just lurked.I have learned from some and laughed at/with others so recently I have started posting.I posted today regarding AC and some playing advice and I see that there are quite a few views on my question but no comments at all, good bad or indifferent.So after that long winded explanation comes the question.  Am I doing something particularly wrong in my posting that I get zero response.Go ahead flame away as I would be disappointed if some of you didn't!!! :shock:
You play with ACDC??? Cool.
See now we are getting somewhere!  That was extremely well thought and helpful, thanks Robert!
Keep up the good work. I really love you guys. Any new albums coming soon????

Sometimes threads can just be duds, especially if there is something else particularly interesting going on in the forum. With all the DN vs NW crap it probably just got overlooked.What was the question about AC? I would go look for it but...you know...I'm lazy.

See now we are getting somewhere!  That was extremely well thought and helpful, thanks Robert!
Thanks again Robert, you are the man!! We have a new album coming out soon called the Forum Poker Blues. Look for it where all the best CD's are sold!!!
Sometimes threads can just be duds, especially if there is something else particularly interesting going on in the forum.  With all the DN vs NW crap it probably just got overlooked.What was the question about AC?  I would go look for it but...you know...I'm lazy.
Man you cut me to the quick, my thread's a dud!! Now I am sad and will cry myself to sleep.

Don't forget that not everone who reads threads on this forum is a registered user -- lurkers don't post replies. That could be one reason why you had views but no comments. Or could've just got pushed to the bottom of the pile (3rd page) if other threads were getting a lot of replies. I know I don't look much farther than pg 3 or 4 if I'm reading through the thread subjects.

Sometimes threads can just be duds, especially if there is something else particularly interesting going on in the forum. With all the DN vs NW crap it probably just got overlooked.What was the question about AC? I would go look for it but...you know...I'm lazy.
Man you cut me to the quick, my thread's a dud!! Now I am sad and will cry myself to sleep.
Umm...I'm not sure if you understood my post. I wasn't flaming you.Anyways, do you want to restate the question now that you have a decent thread going?
Umm...I'm not sure if you understood my post. I wasn't flaming you.Anyways, do you want to restate the question now that you have a decent thread going?
Speed I guess I should have used SW. I was just joking, making what was apparently a weak attempt at humor.I am lazy too so I didn't repost and now it is easy to find my thread it starts with Atlantic City. I was mainly curious if anyone else was going to be in AC this weekend as I am driving down there Saturday morning.

I have added a signature and checked the box that reads always show signature and I clicked the submit button each time.I go back into my profile and while the signature is there, the box is not checked to show signature?What gives any ideas?Thanks

See now we are getting somewhere! That was extremely well thought and helpful, thanks Robert!
Thanks again Robert, you are the man!! We have a new album coming out soon called the Forum Poker Blues. Look for it where all the best CD's are sold!!!
Bummer about Bon Scott

If no one is going to AC this weekend, they are unlikely to respond to a thread to say no. Maybe no one is going?As far as the sig, give it an hour or so to see if it loads. If it doesn't you can always start a new thread.While you are waiting for it to do that, respond to my thread: http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...p=335259#335259

I have added a signature and checked the box that reads always show signature and I clicked the submit button each time.I go back into my profile and while the signature is there, the box is not checked to show signature?What gives any ideas?Thanks
That happens to me too. I blame Daniel. I mean, its his site...Ray
If no one is going to AC this weekend, they are unlikely to respond to a thread to say no. Maybe no one is going?As far as the sig, give it an hour or so to see if it loads. If it doesn't you can always start a new thread.While you are waiting for it to do that, respond to my thread:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?p=335259#335259
Okay, okay everybody I get it! I put to much crap in the subject and it makes perfect sense now to me.Thanks though for the advi
That happens to me too. I blame Daniel. I mean, its his site...Ray
Yeah Daniel what's up with that? Actually I now see the button when you are composing the message that let's you attach the signature, but it still doesn't explain why the selection in My profile doesn't stay selected.Any one with any ideas in that regard would be appreciated.