are you a losing player?

Guest Anonymous
yeah I think more like... 80% of players are losers in poker, so yes a lot on here probobly are.
What percentage of losing players read several poker books, and engage in strategy discussions with other players in person and online in forums?I wouldn't be surprised if there was a high percentage of winning players on this forum. After all, I would assume everyone here is in the minority that is constantly trying to improve their game....
Poker is much like life. There are times whenI win and times when I lose but overall I am just happy to be alive and playing the game.Hey I will use that as my new signature . . . :colors: I know, I know I am a cheeseball . . .
Does the name of your town translate to Cowville?? Cuz if it does I think I am in love
poker sucks, I lost about 180 today or... 18 BB's, Okay I know it aint much but censored AYE that SHIT censored me right off...man... I just think donkeys calling w/ 4-9 should not hit the 7 on the river for the gutshot for 15 BB's at 5/10 that's all I ask....
i lost a nice 10 BB pot when a donkey called 2 cold with a 10 2...called my raise on the flop with the 102...called down to the river where a nice 10 popped up on the riverwas a nice 10BB hand id like to have won

I posted the other day that an gaming industry magazine study showed that 18% of all poker players are true winners.I am a winner in the course of my poker career, which has been nearly 10 years. But for the last year, I'm a break even type of guy. But I played B+M stud and stud8 for most of that time. When I was tranferred to an area where the closest B+M was 5 hours away, I didn't play seriously for about 5 years, Just started playing again in the last 2 years, since every swinging d^ck is into "TV Poker". But I've been rereading SS and bought a few other books, etc. I have discovered that I really like (and get) PLO and started playing it OL last week. In 6 2-4 hour sessions, I've averagd about 25BB/Hour(at the .10/.25 microlimits). But I still make bad plays, I just recognize them and learn the hard way now!! I realize the importance of learning and being copmpetent in all aspects of the game, and feel I can hold my own in any of the H.O.R.S.E. games at the limits I'm comfortable playing at. My goal is to rebuild my roll to support play at a decent middle level, ie. $5/10, with the occassional foray back to Biloxi for some B+M action in the bigger limits.

I've played for about 5 years.I've never had a winning sessionat any limit,or any variation,ever.
Ok, actually I was a losing player for my first year at the game. I hadn't read a single book and didn't understand crap about poker. I was in the hole for $835. Then I decided to get my head on straight and starting reading some books. I took a break and read SSHE (Miller), Ken Warren Teaches Texas Hold 'Em, TOP, and now both HOH vol. 1 + vol. 2.I won a B&M tourny ($20 rebuy) and that edged me towards the black (+$630). Then I started playing low-limit NLHE and and cashed out $350. I had two winning session at a B&M in a low-stakes NL cash game. I haven't had a ton of time to play poker reccently, but am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.Reading the strategy section on this site has also helped my game tremendously.
Poker is much like life. There are times whenI win and times when I lose but overall I am just happy to be alive and playing the game.Hey I will use that as my new signature . . . :colors: I know, I know I am a cheeseball . . .
Does the name of your town translate to Cowville?? Cuz if it does I think I am in love
LOL . . . yes unfortunately Vacaville translates into Cowville. It's funny I never really thought that I would live in California much less live in a city that translates into Cowville.