partypoker on the stock exchange

im wondering what you guys know/think about PartyGaming (the company that owns party poker, empire, eurobet, and all party skins) goin public. its being traded on the London Stock Exchange, but its still tradable here in the states (takes a little longer...)i really dont know anything about stocks but when i heard of this news i figured this has to be a gold mine. considering the abnormally fast growth of poker in general as well as partypoker. plus partypoker has been putting more and more commercials lately on tv (as well as a few other sites) and now that the WSOP is airing again im sure their numbers will have a solid increase.anyways, the stock is at 3 bucks a share at the moment and it just opened a little over a month ago. im seriously considering buying like 1000 shares or so. the first report thing is supposed to come out early sept (which usually bumps the stock price up- if the news is good, of course)Thoughts, Comments, Flames??(sorry if this is an old topic, i havent seen anything on this site about it)

I would buy. The stock will almost certainly rise in price.
Ha. Nice analysis. Wait until they release their first earnings report. Just because we recognize the website, there is no true indication of how the stock will perform. Wait and look at analyst ratings, and conduct research on your own before you buy the stock. NEVER purchase a stock just because you "think" it will go up in price.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the stock price has went down since it opened. And...............Its not traded over here because online poker is technically illegal over here. Its not there. Think and check twice before putting it in your investment folderAll statements made in this posts are true to the best of my knowledge, although I have been known to talk out of my a$$ on occasion.

As others have said, do a little research first and watch it for a while before buying. At first glance it does seem like a good stock pick just based on the fact that its the biggest online poker site and the poker industry is growing at an amazing pace. You would think they'd be extremely profitable. But you dont know anything about their business practices though and they might have some problems.

well the stock price has NOT gone down since it opened. its already risen 30%, which is a huge amount for a short period of time. but im not really surprised considering the success of the company. the starting price was about 115 pence and is now up to 160 pence (obviously its constantly changing, so check www.londonstockexchange.com for up to date info. the code is PRTY. the code in the NY stock exchange is PYGMF, so if youre using any US brokers or anything thats the code to use.

Three Dollars a share... that seems undervalued to me considering the potential money in online poker.However, I'm sure this has been considered by people with more knowledge about the market than me, so I'm not getting too excited.

Three Dollars a share... that seems undervalued to me considering the potential money in online poker.However, I'm sure this has been considered by people with more knowledge about the market than me, so I'm not getting too excited.
I read a few reports that seemed to say that the value wasn't as good as anticipated, I forget the reasons why but it made me less excited about it.

i think its a very good investment, but the only problem is that congress is currently trying to outlaw internet gambling, preventing us citizens from despositing into the site and if this happened party gaming would go bankrupt. Its a preety risky investment imo.

i think its a very good investment, but the only problem is that congress is currently trying to outlaw internet gambling, preventing us citizens from despositing into the site and if this happened party gaming would go bankrupt. Its a preety risky investment imo.
Yes, the US is the only site that plays on their network, it would definitely go bankrupt :roll:

Just because the stock is only $3 doesn't mean that it is cheap. You have to always look at the #shares outstanding to come up with a market cap (value of the company).For instance, if there were ten billion shares out there, then the market cap would be thirty billion dollars.However, if there were only one million shares out there, then the market cap would be three million dollars.

Yes, the US is the only site that plays on their network, it would definitely go bankrupt :roll:
Not the only site, but a major source of revenue. If Congress actually managed to pass this idiotic ban (and enforce it), it would be a huge blow to on-line poker.As for it being a bargain because it is $3/share, that is impossible to know in a vacuum, you need to know the market cap (ie, how many shares are out there times that $3/share), the expected earnings growth built into that number and so on. It may be a bargain, it may not be. The share price alone tells you nothing.

I was about to buy WPT when it first started trading... but I never got around to it, and I'm kicking myself now.It started at $6/share when I was going to buy it, and it got up to $29/share at one point I think... it's hovering around $20/share I think. I was going to buy 1000 shares back at $6, and considering I had enough sense to sell it somewhere around $26/share... I missed out on about $20000 because I didn't have time to go buy the shares.

Barrons over the weekend had an article on Online Poker in the European Trader Section.Besides PartyPoker, the other three publicly traded stocks in the UK are:SportingBet (which purchased Paradise Poker)William HillHilton Group (which owns Ladbrokes)Other info in the article:PartyPoker has 87% of its revenue coming from US customersTotal Global Internet Gambling Market was $7B to $10B and expected to grow at a rate of 22% per year. Estimated to reach $24B by 2009.

I was about to buy WPT when it first started trading... but I never got around to it, and I'm kicking myself now.It started at $6/share when I was going to buy it, and it got up to $29/share at one point I think... it's hovering around $20/share I think.  I was going to buy 1000 shares back at $6, and considering I had enough sense to sell it somewhere around $26/share... I missed out on about $20000 because I didn't have time to go buy the shares.
I remember looking at the stock when it was around $9 - there was an article on realmoney.com by one of the analysts panning the stock and calling it a short.So, I never pulled the trigger - the analyst now admits that it was one of his worst calls of the year.
Just because the stock  is only $3 doesn't mean that it is cheap.  You have to always look at the #shares outstanding to come up with a market cap (value of the company).For instance, if there were ten billion shares out there, then the market cap would be thirty billion dollars.However, if there were only one million shares out there, then the market cap would be three million dollars.
theres about 900 million shares available for trade this means that the market cap is roughly 2.7 billion dollarsall the news and info can be found here : http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/p...SET3B0B3SV4PRTYp.s. read the "related news stories" half way down the page
i think its a very good investment, but the only problem is that congress is currently trying to outlaw internet gambling, preventing us citizens from despositing into the site and if this happened party gaming would go bankrupt.  Its a preety risky investment imo.
At this moment, there is no bill in conference or committee which contains any provisions which would ban online poker. There are certainly people who might want to try to ban it, but no such bill currently exists.

in from the UK, personally i thought it was overvalued. Im not finance expert, but from what i can tell they have pretty much no assets, all you ar buying into is the profit potential. If they can develop a monopoly on the online poker, then yes, they wil be a good buy, but the gap decreases, then it could be in for problems.But then again the start has been very good, so maybe i should of bought at opening.

well, ive purchased 1000 shares already.   if you guys care at all, id be happy to post once a week or once a month how the investment is going.
Which broker did you use? I'm going to keep Party on my radar as wellThere was some Wall Street article on internet gambling Today but you have to be a subscriber to read it. Must have been negative as WPT, Lake's and Cyptologic are all down.EDIT: Just saw that Crypto is down because they lost Betfair as a customer.

Since the stock is on the London Stock Exchange can you still use a site like Ameritrade to buy shares if you are interested... I see that it is listed on the NYSE as PYGMF so i would think it is possible, but since i don't know a lot about buying stocks I am looking for some input from someone who would know... thanks!

Since the stock is on the London Stock Exchange can you still use a site like Ameritrade to buy shares if you are interested... I see that it is listed on the NYSE as PYGMF so i would think it is possible, but since i don't know a lot about buying stocks I am looking for some input from someone who would know... thanks!
i actually used Ameritrade to buy the stock. you have to put in a limit order since its an "over the counter" stock. so put a limit a bit higher than the current price that you are willing to pay and how many shares you want, and they will basically get you the stock at the lowest price they can find during the day not exceeding the limit you set.