Do you guys ever experiance this?it seems i can only play my "A" game when i'm broke and I NEED to win. Once i'm up big i get carless and go broke.then focus again and start playing my "A" game.its a vicious cycle, any ideas on how to stop? should i just up limits when i have more $$? that way i have more to loose and keep my "A" game mentality...

its like when i play a bunch of $30 0r $50 STT and have a good winning streak going, something like I place 7 out of 10. then its like i dont care to win another, i play loose and say to myself its only $50, oh welli go on to not place for like 5-6 in a rowthen i take whats left and play a $100 STT, i'm so focused, i tell myself i have to win, "play good poker" (thanks phil) and i usually end up placing in the big one.then i go back to $30's and $50's and it starts all over

Early on when I first started playing online I felt the same way. I'd win some, then get impatient and loose and start losing.I think it helps to have a goal like reaching a new high for your bankroll. Then when you reach it, take some of the money and buy something for yourself.Just my 2cents!

Early on when I first started playing online I felt the same way.  I'd win some, then get impatient and loose and start losing.I think it helps to have a goal like reaching a new high for your bankroll.  Then when you reach it, take some of the money and buy something for yourself.Just my 2cents!
Yes. getting sloppy is very easy. But just realise its always there But its also variance at times, that comes into play.To the OP., You should never play with money you cant afford to lose. Just play your A game everygame. When you feel bored, or "addicted", and have poker on the brain 24/7, you should take a rest from it.But again., you should never play poker with a value on your chips, with worry that if you lose this money, your gonna be soo upset.

What you're experiencing is very normal, OP. I've gone through this myself. I'm currently playing $100 SnGs, but once in a while I'll play a $5 or a $10 MTT. I've noticed my play is very loose in these, with the thought in the back of my mind that I can't lose much here, so let's gamble.If you're consciously aware of this, taking steps to prevent this become easier. I don't think this is anything you can avoid, atleast I can't. So what I've done to solve this is basically 2 things:1) I'm an extremely competitive person, so I make a conscious effort to remind myself that I'm in this to win. Constantly telling yourself losing sucks will keep you somewhat focused, atleast it does for me.2) I constantly strive to improve my loose game. Being loose in a game isn't necessarily a bad thing. Being loose because of the amount of the buy in isn't + EV, but if you practice this style enough, you'll be more comfortable while playing this way. Loose players that can't win have 2 main drawbacks. They can't lay their hands down post flop when they catch a draw or any piece of the flop and they bluff way too much when they miss a flop. Playing loose is alright if you're disciplined enough to lay down your hand when your beat.

go get a bank loan and go play with doyle in the big game.just bring your A game
This has gotta be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard in my life..........
if you think i'm being serious then you have got to be one of the dumbest people i've ever met in my life.........
go get a bank loan and go play with doyle in the big game.just bring your A game
This has gotta be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard in my life..........
Ummm....I thought it was pretty obvious that he was being sarcastic. I also thought it was pretty funny.To the OP: use the search function and find one of the 3 billion threads on bankroll management, that seems to be your main problem. Stepping up before you're ready to withstain the variance swings.

I dont think it has to do with bank roll mgmnt. i can manage my roll.but lets say you play a few $50 STT and your up after a few hours. lets say up $500. i tent to not care so much if i make a bad call, and its not right. i should care about every hand.

I dont think it has to do with bank roll mgmnt.  i can manage my roll.but lets say you play a few $50 STT and your up after a few hours.  lets say up $500.  i tent to not care so much if i make a bad call, and its not right.  i should care about every hand.
I'd have to say...When you start a STT, you have to not get bored as these may last a while (couple of hours or more). If you start to get bored you will then start playing loose. Look to play every hand the same way (even if boredom and or high Chip count get involved). Think of this as do or die (don't get bored). Alway's play tight. Keep this in your mind the entire time. If you do have crazy people betting big all the time around you, just step back and let them knock each other out. Play Tight. Once these crazies are done and out, you will have the real compatition to worry about later. So the more chips you have the better. Play Tight.If you keep this in your mind the entire time. Don't play loose, play Tight tight, tight. You should do better.
ehhhhh...to a degree...in the early stages anyway, but as the blinds increase you're really going to need to get in there and be aggressive.

thanks for the replies.i think it just has to do with my perspective....i think this sums it up:if i have $$ it burns a hole in my pocket and i'm looking for actionif i broke, i need more $ and i play my "A" game so i can go get more actioni think i have a gambling problem!!! (sw)Solution:i need to limit my sessions and stay focused when i do play, win or lose

i had a major problem with this at Party PokerMy solution was to cashout my profits and keep my BR on Party to a safe amount, although in the back of my head i knew that i have tons of funds in neteller to back me up. Depositing more into your party account is never a fun thing to do...When you play, think about the cashier number and not your neteller number. Maybe that will help somewhat

What you're experiencing is very normal, OP.  I've gone through this myself.  I'm currently playing $100 SnGs, but once in a while I'll play a $5 or a $10 MTT.  I've noticed my play is very loose in these, with the thought in the back of my mind that I can't lose much here, so let's gamble.If you're consciously aware of this, taking steps to prevent this become easier.  I don't think this is anything you can avoid, atleast I can't.  So what I've done to solve this is basically 2 things:1)  I'm an extremely competitive person, so I make a conscious effort to remind myself that I'm in this to win.  Constantly telling yourself losing sucks will keep you somewhat focused, atleast it does for me.2)  I constantly strive to improve my loose game.  Being loose in a game isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Being loose because of the amount of the buy in isn't + EV, but if you practice this style enough, you'll be more comfortable while playing this way.  Loose players that can't win have 2 main drawbacks.  They can't lay their hands down post flop when they catch a draw or any piece of the flop and they bluff way too much when they miss a flop.  Playing loose is alright if you're disciplined enough to lay down your hand when your beat.
Man, that is a very good answer. Kudo's to this answer, and :clap: for you!
Mike, you forgot your sw, i think.
Do you guys ever experiance this?it seems i can only play my "A" game when i'm broke and I NEED to win. Once i'm up big i get carless and go broke.then focus again and start playing my "A" game.its a vicious cycle, any ideas on how to stop? should i just up limits when i have more $$? that way i have more to loose and keep my "A" game mentality...
VICTIM OF SOCIETY...YOU WILL ALWAYS BE BROKE

If you play with money that you "don't care about", in the long run you will always end up losing it. You shouldn't sit down at a poker table (live or virtual) unless you are thinking about winning. When I first started playing many moons ago, I had the same kind of mentality. I was 16, and just liked the action, I didn't really care about the money....so whenever I won, I would take most of my profits out and buy something for myself, so that my online bankroll was always relatively small, so I could keep that "competitive spirit", or whatever you want to call it.More than anything though, it's a matter of focus and determination. You should be playing your best every time you sit down, whether you are up big or getting crushed. Good luck.