pitched idea for a pokerstars tourny

I know this may sound a little ridiculous, but I just thought of a suggestion for a tournament. I would think it would be a really cool tournament if you guys held a tournament (somewhere are the 30-50$ range) with the starting chips and the blind structure of the Main Event of the World Series of Poker. The reason for it being only 30-50$ is that it will give people everyday people a chance to play in event structured exactly like the main event of the World Series of Poker. I was thinking there was two ways you could go about doing this. Keep the levels the same amount they are in the WSOP ME (1 hour and 40 minutes) and make the event a multi day tournament, or make the levels 30-45 minutes. So for example you would be starting with 10,000 in chips with the blinds starting at 25-50, then 50-100, then 100-200, then 100-200 with a 25 ante and so on.This would give the person a stack of 200BB’s to start the tournament for the first round, and then around 100BB’s for the second round… and so on. Although this may not be much different than the starting chip stack ratio to the blinds that you have in your normal tournaments, it will allure so many new customers and open the eyes of many regular customers that they will feel like they are playing the WSOP ME. It won’t be the most money making tournament you’ve ever held with regards to entry fee’s off the buy-in, however, it will attract a lot of customers to your site and would be a huge promotional event you could advertise. I just feel that making it a 30-50$ tourney would appeal to the more regular customers as to which there are more than the high profile ones with a bigger bankroll. It would be a lot of fun and could be spark a different kind of interest with a large ripple effect into the tournaments at pokerstars! It’s just an idea, and I’m curious as to what you think. I know there is a good chance you will not respond to this email or it will get little interest, but please forward it on, to someone who is interested in it and has a say as to what tournaments are run, thank you.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What do you guys think? I think it would be fun, give everyone a chance to play a tourny like the WSOP ME. Ideas? Suggestions?

Bugsys Club has the Main Event structure for almost all of their tournaments no matter what the buy in... ($10k, same blinds but obviously they increase faster)

Did you just refill your prescription or are the drugs you take not regulated by a doctor? Did you consider the time investment that would require? Who is going to play that long for that small a prize pool? Think of all the logistics. People work, etc. How did that idea smell after you pulled it from your bunghole?Sorry about the mild flame. Not well thought out though. Let me know if they accept. I'll play if it's on a weekend.

I know this may sound a little ridiculous, but I just thought of a suggestion for a tournament. I would think it would be a really cool tournament if you guys held a tournament (somewhere are the 30-50$ range) with the starting chips and the blind structure of the Main Event of the World Series of Poker. The reason for it being only 30-50$ is that it will give people everyday people a chance to play in event structured exactly like the main event of the World Series of Poker. I was thinking there was two ways you could go about doing this. Keep the levels the same amount they are in the WSOP ME (1 hour and 40 minutes) and make the event a multi day tournament, or make the levels 30-45 minutes. So for example you would be starting with 10,000 in chips with the blinds starting at 25-50, then 50-100, then 100-200, then 100-200 with a 25 ante and so on.This would give the person a stack of 200BB’s to start the tournament for the first round, and then around 100BB’s for the second round… and so on. Although this may not be much different than the starting chip stack ratio to the blinds that you have in your normal tournaments, it will allure so many new customers and open the eyes of many regular customers that they will feel like they are playing the WSOP ME. It won’t be the most money making tournament you’ve ever held with regards to entry fee’s off the buy-in, however, it will attract a lot of customers to your site and would be a huge promotional event you could advertise. I just feel that making it a 30-50$ tourney would appeal to the more regular customers as to which there are more than the high profile ones with a bigger bankroll. It would be a lot of fun and could be spark a different kind of interest with a large ripple effect into the tournaments at pokerstars! It’s just an idea, and I’m curious as to what you think. I know there is a good chance you will not respond to this email or it will get little interest, but please forward it on, to someone who is interested in it and has a say as to what tournaments are run, thank you.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What do you guys think? I think it would be fun, give everyone a chance to play a tourny like the WSOP ME. Ideas? Suggestions?
First off, no online tournament, regardless of the structure, could ever equal the feeling you get playing the WSOP ME.Although your idea is appealing to a lot of people I'm sure, most wouldn't want to sit and play for that long a period of time. A tournament of that structure could easily go on for two days, and besides casual players not wanting to do something like that, PokerStars does not want that from a business stand point. When they have a tournament, they only get paid once per player. If you are playing in this event, then they are conceivably missing out on the vig from every other tournament you might have played in the meantime, as well as every other entrant.Here's a link to something FellKnight is putting together over at RGP:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...1102&highlight=As an update on that, it looks like GamesGrid is _really_ willing to work with him. They have offered us the ability to completely customize our tournaments, including chip stacks, blind levels, level duration, etc etc. It also seems like they will have an effective satellite system for us, so if $500 is too much for you for the ME, you can always play your way in.Patrick
well it was just an idea, and i was incredibly bored. I really like the idea of the WSOP style tournies that RGP is trying to set up. That looks like alot of fun and a much better idea.
Yeah, once in a while we produce something other then spam and <insert well known pro name here> bashing. :-)Patrick
Did you just refill your prescription or are the drugs you take not regulated by a doctor? Did you consider the time investment that would require? Who is going to play that long for that small a prize pool? Think of all the logistics. People work, etc. How did that idea smell after you pulled it from your bunghole?Sorry about the mild flame. Not well thought out though. Let me know if they accept. I'll play if it's on a weekend.
I'm so glad someone made a post like this so I didn't have to