$(insert value) guaranteed - question

Has anyone EVER seen the number of entrants be small enough that party poker (or any poker site) has to take a hit on the prize pool payout? If so, is the site required to stick to the guaranteed value regardless of how many people entered?You'd expect people to flock to the tournaments whenever that would be the case, but im sure there must be certain circumstances where that wouldn't happen. Say, there were server problems that prevented a significant portion of potential entrants from getting in.

Has anyone EVER seen the number of entrants be small enough that party poker (or any poker site) has to take a hit on the prize pool payout? If so, is the site required to stick to the guaranteed value regardless of how many people entered?You'd expect people to flock to the tournaments whenever that would be the case, but im sure there must be certain circumstances where that wouldn't happen. Say, there were server problems that prevented a significant portion of potential entrants from getting in.
i've never seen partypoker not reach the # of entrants needed so they took a hit but have seen numerous other sites that have had to for there guaranteed tournaments.

I play on a small site called Jetset (it sucks believe me) and there guarentee tourneys never fill to meet the guarenteed prize pool on their own. Any site that backs down from a tourney because not as many people registered as they though would get alot of heat, so i doubt any site would do that.

PStars and Party both pretty much easily cover their guaranteed tournaments... I've never seen either site have to pony up money to cover for lack of players.Bodog, Doyle's Room, and Interpoker have overlay all the time... I know that Bodog's weekly $100+9 routinely has at least 40% overlay (500-600 players in a 100k guaranteed!)

pat-i am also on jetset and boy does it suck, but the players are weak and the overlays arent bad, and i wouldnt mind a trip to st kitts.plus i enjoy the headhuntersusually though they are 50people or so short of whatever guarantees there are

I've seen a party poker tournament that didnt reach the guaranteed. It was definitely one of the bigger ones, i think it might have been the million guaranteed last month. I've seen it on full tilt and pokerroom guaranteed tournaments numerous times in the past where the site needs to put up extra money. If you think about it its actually a good thing for the site. It draws a lot of attention to them if everyone is finding out they have a guaranteed tournament with less people. It usually wont stay that way for long.

A few years ago, I never saw a Poker Stars tournament fill completely up. There would always be some overlay. Of course now that is basically an impossibiliy, same with Party. I'm sure there are some out there though.

Guest Anonymous
Has anyone EVER seen the number of entrants be small enough that party poker (or any poker site) has to take a hit on the prize pool payout?   If so, is the site required to stick to the guaranteed value regardless of how many people entered?You'd expect people to flock to the tournaments whenever that would be the case, but im sure there must be certain circumstances where that wouldn't happen.  Say, there were server problems that prevented a significant portion of potential entrants from getting in.
I've never seen UB have to add any money to meet the guarantee.