tournament play i made

My input would be that if he checked on the turn (I think that's what you said) then he hit part of the flop. I can see how you had a read on him and sure you had the best hand, but I would of thought he had bottom pair, maybe A4 in that situation. I feel that you shouldn't of risked that much on that hand, but it was a good strong bet that shouldn't of been called, depending if you've shown down any hands or been playing loose or tight. Just my 02

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing is, when faced with the call, villain was faced with deciding what your cards were. The way you played the hand, I can only think of two things you could possibly have: pocket 4s, or utter trash. With a 4 on the board and one in his pocket, he could only give the other two to you a very very small percentage of the time. Maybe you would have played 2nd pair like this, but in order for his call to be incorrect, you have to have 2nd pair a huge % of the time, to account for the 90%+ that you don't have pocket 4s. This all adds up to him putting together the puzzle.
i like the way your brain is working, but it's a little off track. i play so many hands this way (like hero), my range here is huge. i can have a big pp (JJ-AA), a flopped set, top pair (J10-K10), two pair (10,9), a suited connector w/ an open ended straight draw (slightly more unlikely but still possible) or the like, or complete air.if you call your best case scenario is utter trash and even then i probably got 6 outs. Q4 is way behind my range and the times its ahead it will get sucked out on enough to make the call unprofitable.villain's call is absolute garbage.
you guys realize this was my 1st strat post ever? over 2 years ago.we just bumped it cause it's so funny. - Jordan
I know, I just wanted to give my opnion. :club:
That's why I'm letting you have the last word. I know you need it.That's possibly the most irnoic thing I've ever seen posted here.If it was intentional, it's pretty funny.If it wasn't, you need professional help.
this is the funniest part of the whole thread.

great thread. full of highlights. first strat post by jordan. first ever post by naismith. cameo by looshle. smash being smash. and boatloads of poker nuggets to boot.sticky.EDIT: Don't post results... LOL