pp freeroll - my first in awhile

I got tired of always sweating whenever I removed a bit of cash from my bankroll for a buy-in to a tournament or ring table, so I decided to alleviate my stress with a nice, high-paying freeroll.So, I'll be taking my crack at 1k tonight. I know the players aren't that good, and I hope to hit first. I'm gonna play my absolute best poker ever. I am committed to it. After playing with my own cash for a long time, now, I honestly think the opportunity to win a bunch of cash without putting my own bankroll on the line motivates me more than anything.My best finish in this event before was a 20-something finish that netted me 60 bucks. Tonight, I'm feeling better about my game and my decisions than I did 2 months ago, so I really feel like I'm a contender for the first place tonight.I hope the cards agree. Everyone else post your results here. We're starting in 2 hours, I believe. Registration is already capped, after 5 minutes.Good luck all.CT

Im in ditto everything u sed exept the gettin 60th one time
Well, actually it wasn't 60th. It was under 25th, but in the 20's. I WON 60 bucks.Keep playing, I'm sure you can make it if you play well.CT

I'm registered, but I keep messing around and still making it pretty deep, which is annoying.Last two times I busted out 58th and 250th.That's 4692 people outlasted and not a dime to show for it.

Spademan: I've seen you post, but I don't know what you've read.The fact is, you have to play pretty tight. However, as Caro has said (paraphrasing) "when the other players are loose, you can play a little bit looser and still make profit." This is a very important lesson. In this kind of tournament, you CAN play a bit looser, knowing what your table is like, but you still have to be careful. AJo is a premium hand in a tournament where people will be playing A8 and A9 as big hands. They don't understand that in a normal game, AQ is loose, because other people coming in might have KK, AA or AK.See, in this tournament, you have to deal with impatient people. A REAL premium hand is a total cash cow, but you HAVE to play it agressively to protect it. Most people are playing hands you have dominated when you get into a pretty big pot, but in a HUGE pot, you have to be wary of a better hand.Aces can often get action for an all-in preflop against hands as weak as KJ0. However, you have to constantly think about what they might have and play post-flop very well. Kings are not the kind of hand to go all-in with pre-flop because, in the mid to late stages of the tournament, you risk getting no action. Doyle says "either I'm gonna win a small pot or lose a big pot, so I don't slowplay" but if you have KK verus AK, you can get all their chips after the flop even if they don't hit the A in this kind of tournament.This is solely because the players are inexperienced. They have read Hellmuth's top starting hands, and can't get over it post flop. You HAVE to milk these situations. You can take a LOT of money off of bluffs with premium, non-paired hands like AQ or AK when they don't hit. You have to find the happy medium between "betting so much the fish figures out I have aces or kings and have him crushed" and "I HAVE A GOOD HAND SO I''M GONNA KEEP GOING, PHIL SAID SO!!!!!!!!"The second example is more profitable than you might think. They overplay small pairs, AK, AQ, AJ and so on when the ace doesn't even hit.Beware of hands that beat you, but remember, and overpair is GOLD in these loose tournaments, while against good players they're thinking about overpairs. Really loose players don't realise that overpairs exist. That's an exaggeration...but you have to know that an overpair can often be played as the NUTS in a freeroll on partypoker.Tight play is key. If the cards frown on you, so be it....but play smart, play tight, and realise that picture cards are a total weakness to an under-experienced player.I hope to see YOU at the final table. Play tight and smart until the money., You might just make a thousand bucks.CTEDIT: I have changed a line to "Doyle says that he will either win a small pot or lose a BIG POT". This is the key point of Doyle's No-limit holdem eithos in Super System one or two. See, if you have a monster, you might not get paid off at all, because your opponent has NOTHING. That's when you win a small pot. With kings, you might lose a huge pot to aces. See, it's the concept of getting action when you don't have a big enough hand to beat you. That's very important in NL holdem. Of course, this won't ALWAYS be the case in no-limit when you hold kings, but you must remember, that the near-nuts will always get AMAZING action from the REAL nuts. Think about that. Whenever you have a VERY strong hand, and are HOPING to get action, it is RARE that you have them crippled. In an amatuer tournament like that, it is fairly routine that the person who gives you a LOT of action while you have a non-nut hand may have the nuts.Beware that. Always give your opponents credit. Even a moronic, terrible player can pick up a royal flush.Remember that. And try to THINK about what they have. Keep remembering what they've done before. ALWAYS pay attention to your opponents.This all may seen ridiculous, but I think it's important advice. Good luck tonight.

Spademan:  I've seen you post, but I don't know what you've read.The fact is, you have to play pretty tight.  However, as Caro has said (paraphrasing) "when the other players are loose, you can play a little bit looser and still make profit."  This is a very important lesson.  In this kind of tournament, you CAN play a bit looser, knowing what your table is like, but you still have to be careful.  AJo is a premium hand in a tournament where people will be playing A8 and A9 as big hands.  They don't understand that in a normal game, AQ is loose, because other people coming in might have KK, AA or AK.See, in this tournament, you have to deal with impatient people.  A REAL premium hand is a total cash cow, but you HAVE to play it agressively to protect it.  Most people are playing hands you have dominated when you get into a pretty big pot, but in a HUGE pot, you have to be wary of a better hand.Aces can often get action for an all-in preflop against hands as weak as KJ0.  However, you have to constantly think about what they might have and play post-flop very well.  Kings are not the kind of hand to go all-in with pre-flop because, in the mid to late stages of the tournament, you risk getting no action.  Doyle says "either I'm gonna win a small pot or lose a big pot, so I don't slowplay" but if you have KK verus AK, you can get all their chips after the flop even if they don't hit the A in this kind of tournament.This is solely because the players are inexperienced.  They have read Hellmuth's top starting hands, and can't get over it post flop.  You HAVE to milk these situations.  You can take a LOT of money off of bluffs with premium, non-paired hands like AQ or AK when they don't hit.  You have to find the happy medium between "betting so much the fish figures out I have aces or kings and have him crushed"  and "I HAVE A GOOD HAND SO I''M GONNA KEEP GOING, PHIL SAID SO!!!!!!!!"The second example is more profitable than you might think.  They overplay small pairs, AK, AQ, AJ and so on when the ace doesn't even hit.Beware of hands that beat you, but remember, and overpair is GOLD in these loose tournaments, while against good players they're thinking about overpairs.   Really loose players don't realise that overpairs exist.  That's an exaggeration...but you have to know that an overpair can often be played as the NUTS in a freeroll on partypoker.Tight play is key.  If the cards frown on you, so be it....but play smart, play  tight, and realise that picture cards are a total weakness to an under-experienced player.I hope to see YOU at the final table.  Play tight and smart until the money.,  You might just make a thousand bucks.CTEDIT:  I have changed a line to "Doyle says that he will either win a small pot or lose a BIG POT".  This is the key point of Doyle's No-limit holdem eithos in Super System one or two.  See, if you have a monster, you might not get paid off at all, because your opponent has NOTHING.  That's when you win a small pot.   With kings, you might lose a huge pot to aces.  See, it's the concept of getting action when you don't have a big enough hand to beat you.  That's very important in NL holdem.  Of course, this won't ALWAYS be the case in no-limit when you hold kings, but you must remember, that the near-nuts will always get AMAZING action from the REAL nuts.  Think about that.   Whenever you have a VERY strong hand, and are HOPING to get action, it is RARE that you have them crippled.  In an amatuer tournament like that, it is fairly routine that the person who gives you a LOT of action while you have a non-nut hand may have the nuts.Beware that.  Always give your opponents credit.  Even a moronic, terrible player can pick up a royal flush.Remember that.  And try to THINK about what they have.  Keep remembering what they've done before.  ALWAYS pay attention to your opponents.This all may seen ridiculous, but I think it's important advice.  Good luck tonight.
Wow dude.I totally appreciate the effort put forth there.But I know how to play freerolls, I used to score quite well back when I never put money online and only played freerolls...In my post I meant I was playing like a donkey on purpose, watching tv, talking on the phone ect. ect. and still made it pretty deep. Again, thanks though, you'z one helpfull dude.*edit*You posting so vigorisly and with such geniune good intentions almost makes me want to play this freeroll for real.But, it's a freeroll, so I doubt that'll happen, I'll prolly bust out bluffing with a 1 card 7 high flush draw. =P

Well, I took a bad beat, just like I'm supposed to.I had tens, and on the flop I had an overpair. I went all-in, and my opponent caught a ****ING deuce on the river to give his 8-2 two pair.That's goddddaamn poker. And I lost. I was sucked out, and I lost.Well, next time....CT

Well, I took a bad beat, just like I'm supposed to.I had tens, and on the flop I had an overpair.  I went all-in, and my opponent caught a censoredING deuce on the river to give his 8-2 two pair.That's goddddaamn poker.  And I lost.  I was sucked out, and I lost.Well, next time....CT
Just think of it this way, better it happens now than when it's down to 100. Get 'em next time, gg.
Well, I took a bad beat, just like I'm supposed to.I had tens, and on the flop I had an overpair.  I went all-in, and my opponent caught a censoredING deuce on the river to give his 8-2 two pair.That's goddddaamn poker.  And I lost.  I was sucked out, and I lost.Well, next time....CT
Just think of it this way, better it happens now than when it's down to 100. Get 'em next time, gg.
Thanks a lot man. I know this is poker. I know we can't expect the best hand to hold up every time. I'm mad that a guy who had top pair with the worst kicker called all-in....but I also know a hundred other guys made the same play as I did and won with the best hand and went on to win 1000. That's an exaggeration...but I feel good about my move. I just wish the cards weren't so harsh so soon. The thing I love about poker is moving on in a HUGE tournament, and feeling good about how you've acted. I don't mind a bad beat very far into a tournament...but the second hand...that really gets me mad.CTCT
Thanks a lot man.  I know this is poker.  I know we can't expect the best hand to hold up every time.  I'm mad that a guy who had top pair with the worst kicker called all-in....but I also know a hundred other guys made the same play as I did and won with the best hand and went on to win 1000.  That's an exaggeration...but I feel good about my move.  I just wish the cards weren't so harsh so soon.  The thing I love about poker is moving on in a HUGE tournament, and feeling good about how you've acted.  I don't mind a bad beat very far into a tournament...but the second hand...that really gets me mad.CTCT
Hope to see you in the next one, it'll be a whole different experience for ya, I'm putting mojo on it in your honor.

I entered one of those freerolls. I was playing really good, but then I got kings which got busted by AQ. I was down to 800 chips and I went all in with jacks 2 hands later. The same idiot called me with 85 suited, even though my raise was much larger then the blinds and he wasn't in the blinds. He made the flush of course and I was ready to throw my computer out in the rain.

I entered one of those freerolls. I was playing really good, but then I got kings which got busted by AQ. I was down to 800 chips and I went all in with jacks 2 hands later. The same idiot called me with 85 suited, even though my raise was much larger then the blinds and he wasn't in the blinds. He made the flush of course and I was ready to throw my computer out in the rain.
That's about right...It's tournaments like this, free but with decent payoffs, that make people hate plays that are insanely profitable for them.If it was a free cash game that you could rebuy in for free 10 times and still cash out for a dollar per chip, I'm sure everyone would feel way different.That's the magic of tournaments, though.Just look at Matusow....CT